BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Maybe if I post a thousand memes about Stuckmann's fanfic his opinions on BvS will be discredited and people will realize Batman v Superman is actually not a terrible movie!"

/ActualMindsetOfBvSFans

The Stuckmann "meme" was never funny to begin with.

I don't condone death threats, but seriously it's [CURRENT YEAR], haven't people learned that some going to say horrendous stuff on the internet and take it too far? You block them on social media and move on. If you believe the threats are legitimate then call the police. You get a death threat every time you go on xbox live. C'mon man.

And also I do believe a certain % of this is him being ******** about the memes. But that's just my opinion.

The more people that stand up to things like that the better. We shouldn't just accept things getting worse. It's hard to do much about, but I've enjoyed the TV show here where a couple of people have searched out severe trolls on the web and confronted them in real life about what they've said. Quite fun to see them shrivel away when confronted in a non hostile manner.

Saying that it's just how it is, and then criticize Chris for being "********" about the memes he said he actually found funny is not something I personally find very productive. I don't see why he would have a huge problem with such given that a Youtuber with such a big following is sure to get lots of normal hate regularly.

I'm sure someone already posted this but...he's got a Joker card on his gun?

tumblr_o60n6akvX71uwii26o1_1280.jpg

Yup. We first saw it on a variant comic cover. Pretty cool detail.

Yeah someone said he probably killed the Joker and kept the card as a trophy.

But anyway, I can't take my eyes off of that picture. How great does he look? It's gotta be a hell of a lot uncomfortable though.

Just read this on Reddit:

Snyder did a podcast interview with some magazine (no I'm not gonna go find it), in which he basically said that having Lex mockingly name the heroes was the only credible way he could see the League coming by their individual hero names.

Is this true? What a stupid explanation. How would the public at large come to know them by these names if they were in a secret file? It doesn't make sense.

Is this still a bomb at $836 million, or is this forum still drinking the kool-aid?

Is this still a bomb at $836 million, or is this forum still drinking the kool-aid?

Since you're the only person who keeps throwing around the word "bomb" why don't you tell us?

didnt you go and try to stir things up with the same post in the Box Office thread a bit ago?

Is something wrong?

Mjölnir;33512105 said:
The more people that stand up to things like that the better. We shouldn't just accept things getting worse. It's hard to do much about, but I've enjoyed the TV show here where a couple of people have searched out severe trolls on the web and confronted them in real life about what they've said. Quite fun to see them shrivel away when confronted in a non hostile manner.

Saying that it's just how it is, and then criticize Chris for being "********" about the memes he said he actually found funny is not something I personally find very productive. I don't see why he would have a huge problem with such given that a Youtuber with such a big following is sure to get lots of normal hate regularly.

You're not really standing up to them you're just feeding them. You call the police and file a police report. That's what that Clarke Wolfe did. But are we talking about Chris or her? All he did was make a video lecturing them. It's not like the death threat trolls are going to be like, "Oh this is socially unacceptable and he made a 26 min video saying how sad it made him and now he doesn't want to do this anymore? Ok I guess I'll stop being a troll." We all already know it's not okay. The trolls do it in spite of this. It's not like you're going to get them to stop being trolls with a lecture. If anything that videos was exactly what they wanted. They got Chris Stuckmann to make a near 30 min video about them.

Did the voice in your head tell you to say this? Is the devil coming from the sky with his army to seduce our Christ allegory to the dark side.

Did the voice in your head tell you to say this? Is the devil coming from the sky with his army to seduce our Christ allegory to the dark side.

He said it just to get a rise and then leave. Trolling.

Best to ignore him

I know. I just wanted a say in the insanity. ;)

It's how we got Good Will Hunting. :o

Probation for trolling....how's that taste?

You're not really standing up to them you're just feeding them. You call the police and file a police report. That's what that Clarke Wolfe did. But are we talking about Chris or her? All he did was make a video lecturing them. It's not like the death threat trolls are going to be like, "Oh this is socially unacceptable and he made a 26 min video saying how sad it made him and now he doesn't want to do this anymore? Ok I guess I'll stop being a troll." We all already know it's not okay. The trolls do it in spite of this. It's not like you're going to get them to stop being trolls with a lecture. If anything that videos was exactly what they wanted. They got Chris Stuckmann to make a near 30 min video about them.

I'm mainly just talking about the attitude "it happens so just get used to it". That's never a good attitude to me. The way to get at it is of course not to argue back on the web as it's something that needs to change on a deeper level. It's not true that all trolls just want to spread as much misery as they can though. Some are genuinely not understanding the effects of what they are doing, as has been shown in various situations. Much as they are anonymous the people they attack don't come off as real people to them and the consequences are therefor distant and less real. I've seen that both in studies and from confrontations. There's quite a bit of empathy problems going around.

As said, it's a very hard problem to deal with, but I will never just say that it's how it is and then criticize the other part for something lesser.

Last edited:
Just read this on Reddit:

Is this true? What a stupid explanation. How would the public at large come to know them by these names if they were in a secret file? It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense from a story point of view, but it sure sounds like something Snyder would say. Based on his comments about why Bats and Supes don't talk much in BvS, it's clear (at least to me) that he doesn't think superheroes are particularly credible. Which makes it all the weirder that WB has put him charge, but what do I know, I'm not an overpaid studi exec...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"