All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Thread Manager, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Whether it's bad or good is subjective! I'm merely pointing out if it's nit ok for Ayer to say F Marvel then why us it ok for Anthony Mackie to take stabs at the DCEU?

You can't say it's ok for one and not the other. That's a double standard.

2. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

So on that thought then people involved in the DCEU can dislike Marvel. It's not one or the other, movies are subjective. People who like or hate movies have a right to that opinion. There us no black and white here, Suicide Squad was a good movie to me so therefore it is a good movie IMO despite what critics say or you say. It's subjective!

3. harlequinade

harlequinade Little Mermaid

It's not OK from either of them. But it's understandable why it's being brought up in reviews for DC movies but not Marvel movies when the cast or crew does something like this.

4. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

No the second part is obsolete in this discussion. It's simply you accept both ****ting on each other or neither. It's not acceptable for one and not the other. That is my point, personally I think both ****ting on each other is daft but hey they've both done it so whatever.

5. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

How can I not comprehend that people don't like it exactly? I don't care if people don't like it. I do and that's what matters to me.

What does that have to do with my point? My point been that if someone on the Marvel side can take digs at DC then you can't say that's ok for them but not for people on the DC side to do. That's a double standard.

I like the films that's all I need to accept thank you very much. If 70 people don't like a film and 30 do that doesn't make it a bad film. It makes it a and film for 70 people. It's not black and white, it's about people having their own opinions.

6. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

Let me make this clear......what an actor or director says about anything concerning MARVEL or DC is just another little bit of HOLLYWOOD blah blah blah. If an actor or director disparages a franchise....THAT DOES NOT GIVE ANYONE ON HERE THE OK TO DISPARAGE THAT FRANCHISE ALSO. While you post on the SUPERHEROHYPE you will follow our rules for civility....or you will no longer post at all. This is a site for discussion......it is NOT a place to act like petulant children throwing a fit because someone doesn't like your favorite Pokemon character.

7. ManWithNoName18

ManWithNoName18 Well-Known Member

Shazam update

David Sandberg, director of Light's Out in talks to direct Shazam

8. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Oooh interesting. That makes me think maybe Shazam is coming before the Black Adam solo.

9. Osiris-Rex

Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

So you know for a fact it was Kevin Tsujihara who was responsible and not the guy WB fired, Greg Silverman. Do you have a link for this?

So herd mentality. If almost everyone doesn't like something, the rest of us are obligated to not like it either? Hey, get this: I liked the Green Lantern movie. I liked John Carter. I thought Captain America:Civil War was kind of boring.

10. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I would consider writer Michael Green for the next Superman solo. He just wrote Logan which looks like it's going to be well-received and the new Blade Runner. More importantly, he has some familiarity with the character having written Superman/Batman comics as well as Smallville. I'm aware he co-wrote Green lantern but he was one of four writers and the good may outweigh the bad.

I'm looking for a screenwriter that has some experience with Superman and thought he might be the best choice.

11. misslane38

misslane38 Well-Known Member

As a Smallville fan, I have to say I am surprised and amused that Michael Green wrote for the show. I hadn't realized that, so thank you for noting it. Coincidentally, one of the episodes he wrote was "Craving," which was the episode Amy Adams guest starred in.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's also a neat connection that Blade Runner was directed by Amy's director from Arrival, Denis Villeneuve.

12. ManWithNoName18

ManWithNoName18 Well-Known Member

In another more unfortunate director update Matt Reeves has dropped out of negotiations to direct the Batman solo

13. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

:csad:

14. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

The DCEU as consistent as ever.

15. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

:up:

Oh, and I'm sure Snyder will have no problem trash talking Marvel for having "kiddie" movies, or "flavor of the week characters" when DC can't even make their popular characters (three of which are amongst the top tier of popularity) congenial.

16. Erzengel

Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

PRAY FOR DCEU

[​IMG]

17. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Transformers 2, 3, 4, and most assuredly 5 will continue to make boatloads of money. That MUST mean they're good. Because they made money.

18. sweetre15

sweetre15 Positive Page

Some interesting tweet's from Justin Kroll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Jekecy

Jekecy Well-Known Member

If it's a tactical ploy, whatever. WB knows they can't mess up the Batman production, so if this ensures Reeves has final cut then let his team do what they gotta.

20. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

The Patriots (Marvel) can talk ****, the Browns (DCEU) can't. Success and a lack thereof creates different standards.

21. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Well-Known Member

Personally, I think it's all equally unprofessional.

22. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

Yup. Ayer's "**** Marvel" and Mackie's going after that interviewer for daring to like MoS were equally stupid as far as I'm concerned.

23. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Well-Known Member

And not to pick sides, but at least Ayer admitted what he did was wrong. Mackie (AFAIK) did not.

24. Saint

Saint The Devil's Robot

I think there are more interesting options than Reeves (not that I have anything against him), so it's not the lack of Reeves that would bother me... It would just be the continuing failure of the WB team to seal the deal. Between director's leaving Wonder Woman, Flash (twice), and Batman, it's a little bizarre.

25. UltimatePyro9

UltimatePyro9 Well-Known Member

Its the old "where there's smoke, there's fire" sort of thought. Not to say that its suspicious, but any sense of faith for the DCEU tends to drop as more troubling news like this is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.