All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batgirl isn't Batman. Give the woman some credit. A female led film for a character who's never had one is a plus no matter what way one looks at it. Given that Affleck may not do more than one solo Batman film with Justice League appearances, having his Bat family, which has always been a major draw and staple for the character, to fill in the blanks seems like a natural development with inherent appeal. It even makes sense with a Nightwing movie, because Barbara and Dick are one of DC's major romantic pairings. I'm a little torn on Joss Whedon, and I'd prefer a woman involved in the creative process, but generally I think it's wonderful news.

Why? There's a reason why they went to Whedon....

It humors me that people want to talk about studio interference - what does Whedon think he's getting into now with the WB? This is the same studio that butchered a few films in post-production and rushed a script for SS.

Mixed about this news, on the one hand, despite my heavy dislike of AOU, I am glad to see Whedon back in the CBM business.

But I simply have no interest in a Batgirl movie unfortunately.

WB seems to loves that phrase.

Do you think movies just...pop up overnight?

Marvel has been talking about things like DR. STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and CAPTAIN MARVEL for years, and are just now getting around to making those films. Nevermind BLACK WIDOW.

All films go through a development process, and larger ones take at least a few years most of the time.

Marvel has been talking about things like DR. STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and CAPTAIN MARVEL for years, and are just now getting around to making those films. Nevermind BLACK WIDOW.

All films go through a development process, and larger ones take at least a few years most of the time.

Except for Inhumans which is being released for TV. Which MCU movies have not been/not in the process of being made except for a Black Widow film?

Turning this to the DCEU, after Aquaman in 2018 (which got moved twice), please give me the official release dates of the next 3 DCEU movies and which ones they are.

Last edited:
Except for Inhumans which is being released for TV. Which MCU movies have not been made except for a Black Widow film?

Turning this to the DCEU, after Aquaman in 2018 (which got moved twice), please give me the official release dates of the next 3 DCEU movies and which ones they are.

I'm not playing this game.

It's not a DC VS Marvel statement. Marvel's movies have been made because Marvel started earlier. It still took years to develop their major projects. You've missed my point entirely.

Here, I'll make it again with the help of Wikipedia:

In March 2009, Marvel hired writers to help come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, including Doctor Strange.[74] In June 2010, Marvel Studios hired Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer to write Doctor Strange.[75] While promoting Transformers: Dark of the Moon in April 2011, actor Patrick Dempsey indicated he was lobbying to play the title character.[76] In January 2013, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed that Doctor Strange would appear in some capacity as part of "Phase Three" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

DR. STRANGE was released in October 2016.

Movies take time to develop. I don't know if it's entitlement or what, but some of you really need to learn that.

Last edited:

Edgar wright started ant-man in 2005 but no nationwide complaints about its release date have been made on the interwebz.

I'm not playing this game.

It's not a DC VS Marvel statement. Marvel's movies have been made because Marvel started earlier. It still took years to develop their major projects. You've missed my point entirely.

And you're missing the point.

DC has "announced" about 16 films and yet for 2 years from now, they can't tell you officially what's going to be released yet.

So yes, I understand movies can't go be made that quickly, but when you keep announcing films under development and are not telling fans when, it gets tiresome, quickly.

The issue is that WB's original slate has changed so much it's hard to believe what is and isn't happening.

The point you never made?

DC has "announced" about 16 films and yet for 2 years from now, they can't tell you officially what's going to be released yet.

So yes, I understand movies can't go be made that quickly, but when you keep announcing films under development and are not telling fans when, it gets tiresome, quickly.

Why?

Why on Earth would announcing they're going to try to develop these fantastic concepts get "tiresome"?

Do you have this reaction everytime a studio announces they're going to develop something?

How does one go through life that way?

Do you not understand that people are excited simply because WB is developing these projects, period?

So some of them might not happen. That's the nature of the movie business.

Several of Marvel's movies were in the exact same position not that long ago. People weren't sure whether they would happen. You are looking at this through the lens of "Well, Marvel has made these movies they announced". Of course they have, it's now years after they've been announced.

But is it really fair to just assume WB isn't going to make many of the movies they've announced?

Last edited:
Disney's announced dozens of remakes of their classic animes.

Disney's announced star war sequels up to 2030.

Why?

Why on Earth would announcing they're going to try to develop these fantastic concepts get "tiresome"?

Do you have this reaction everytime a studio announces they're going to develop something?

Do you not understand that people are excited simply because WB is developing these projects, period?

Generalize much?

The issue is that WB's original slate has changed so much it's hard to believe what is and isn't happening.

But it's fine when Marvel's slate changes, or release dates get pushed back, etc.

Because now we're in the future and those movies that they announced have been made.

The guards inability to understand any and all criticisms aimed at the DCEU is legendary at this point.

Thought it was implied but mocking the "in development".

Why?

For fans like me who want to see a GLC or a JL2 that have been pushed back with no official dates set? Plus the Studio seems to be announcing additional projects? It's like someone's building a house but instead of finishing the kitchen, decides to work on 5 different parts of the house.

Just WB. Who was so proud of their slate of movies, except after Aquaman, decided to push back the rest to dates unknown.

And do you under that people are annoyed that some of the films they want to see, they aren't hearing anything about? When is the Flash coming out?

Several of Marvel's movies were in the exact same position not that long ago. People weren't sure whether they would happen. You are looking at this through the lens of "Well, Marvel has made these movies they announced". Of course they have, it's now years after they've been announced".

But is it really fair to just assume WB isn't going to make many of the movies they've announced?
It's totally fair. I'd be happy to eat my words, if they stopped pushing back films, putting films on definite hold and stop losing directors and just set dates.

Why?

Several of Marvel's movies were in the exact same position not that long ago. People weren't sure whether they would happen. You are looking at this through the lens of "Well, Marvel has made these movies they announced". Of course they have, it's now years after they've been announced.

Film production cycle is more complicated than a .jpeg listing all the movies in a 'phase'.

Anyway. I dont expect anyone comment on why Disney can announce all their animated remakes and star war sequels but WB cant.

But it's fine when Marvel's slate changes, or release dates get pushed back, etc.

Because now we're in the future and those movies that they announced have been made.

Film production cycle is more complicated than a .jpeg listing all the movies in a 'phase'.

Anyway. I dont expect anyone comment on why Disney can announce all their animated remakes and star war sequels but WB cant.

Disney films are getting made. :huh:

Disney showed all their films going to Captain Marvel in 2019.

I didn't read up on WB, but all I read was that they showcased stuff for WW, JL and Aquaman. What's after that?

It's not just Disney that announces stuff that is going into development, either. It's almost every studio out there.

Last edited:

Like it or not Marvel has done enough to win people over. It's as simple as that really. The only film that hasn't eventuate is Inhumans.

Exactly. It's just annoying. Not all of them will be made and there's still no Flash director.

Why don't we all just chill out and wait to hear WB's news at SDCC in the summer ?

It's not just Disney that announces stuff that is going into development, either. It's almost every studio out there.
Disney's anime and star war sequels: No dates. No directors/writers attached. We only know Mulan and episode IX are the latest movies. why bother to announce sequels up to 2030 if they didnt have a press release on their film slate beyond 2019???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"