All Things Krypton - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Krypton' started by BH/HHH, Dec 7, 2017.

1. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Well-Known Member

I wonder why they’re hiding The Voice of Rao’s face if he wasn’t Brainiac to begin with. BTW, Nyssa Vex is so fine.

2. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

I recently read an interview with showrunner Cam Welsh where he discussed this:

He talks more about it in the link as well as why they decided to go with time-travel and why they chose Adam Strange, instead of someone like Booster Gold (basically saying that Adam is a gateway character to the cosmic part of the DC Universe.)

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/04/10/krypton-supermans-high-stakes-history

3. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Wait! What? Since when was this show part of the larger DCEU?

4. m1ll3r

m1ll3r Failed experiment

It’s not part of the DCEU. They very deliberately changed the S logo to a more classic design to move it away from Man Of Steel. There’s very little left from that original trailer. The overt connection has been dropped.

Also, would the really have used the Superman theme in a show that was in any way connected to the DCEU? It would have been Zimmer’s theme.

Also in the Snyder film ‘The Black Zero’ is a space ship. In this series ‘Black Zero’ in an organisation more akin to the post-crisis comic book.

While the show takes a few aesthetics from MoS, it’s obviously not part of the DCEU.

And why would it be? At some point they’ll probably want Kal in the show, and why bother trying to get Cavill’s version? Too expensive, too difficult, and not very popular.

Cameron Welsh has said it’s not part of the DCEU as well, so why anyone thinks it is, is beyond me.

It might have started out that way, but then BvS and JL s*** the bed completely, so they’ve understandably done away with the connection... because who wants to be associated with at s***show?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  5. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Yes, Yes, and No. I happen to think Cavill suited Superman, but each to their own.

6. m1ll3r

m1ll3r Failed experiment

Nothing wrong with Cavill. It’s the cluster**** around him that’s the problem.

7. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

I liked last night’s episode. Not as much as last week, but it was pretty good!

Favourite scenes were the moments with Rao and THAT ENDING! :eek:

8. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I agree. All the characters are just dull and generic. Adam Strange and Colin Salmon's character are the only ones with some charisma or personality.

Seg is a bull headed *****e who keeps screwing up which makes it hard for me to care about his character. Other than the fact he is Superman's grandfather and the key to defeating Brainiac the show has given very little reason to care about the guy.

9. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Latest episode was pretty meh for me except for the very ending, which I expected to happen at some point.

Something is just missing from this show.

10. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

For some reason I was expecting more Brainiac for this episode.

I am giving the show a chance because I remember how shows early on can be very basic until they grow and change e.g. Smallville. At the beginning it was just that meteor that created a new monster every week.

Something I noticed is that the Seg character doesn't feel very grounded. I started wishing we would see more basic stuff from him like where and how he is living day to day. It just kind of jumps to him running around. All the different plot strands don't give a chance to stay with one character for very long, including Seg. He barely got over the death of his parents. I don't know, there needs to be more emotional grounding there with him.

11. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

[YT]ndKgjRr09cw[/YT]

12. Sorath

Sorath Well-Known Member

I get it I just don't agree with him at all. I have a laundry list of reasons why and could explain but would rather not bore any one with it. I'll just say that I would have rather seen the show based around Jor-El, Zod, Lara, I think it would been way more interesting and the show would carried far more weight.

That being said it's not a terrible show and I do enjoy the story lines. So Ill keep watching for now.

13. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Welp, I guess I was completely wrong about who Colin Salmon was.

Aaannd I am going to go with that being a bad, bad, baaaaad plan to stop Brainiac.

14. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Well that was a twist. But now I fear they're gonna do like an inverse of Gotham and just start bringing all of Superman's already established big baddies from the future.

15. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I mean, [blackout]Doomsday[/blackout] was already mentioned before hand, in preproduction. But does this mean Colin Salmon is [blackout]THE Zod[/blackout]? Because of how that necklace is passed on, they seem to whittle down to one child eventually.

Brainiac looks really good, though. Even without all the CG tentacles. Kind of makes me interested to see how they realize [blackout]Doomsday[/blackout].

16. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Considering Lyta is the same age as Kal's grandfather, and [blackout]General Zod was meant to be roughly the same age as Seg's son Jor-El, and this is her son[/blackout]...I think yeah, we're meant to believe that this is [blackout]General Zod.[/blackout]

17. X Knight

X Knight Hope

I knew the bald-headed black guy was going to be connected to [BLACKOUT]House Zod[/BLACKOUT] in some way. The preview last week kind of gave that away, too with the "It's You" line.

I fully expected him to be Lyta's [BLACKOUT]father[/BLACKOUT].

However, I was not expecting him to be Lyta's [BLACKOUT]son[/BLACKOUT].

So, that was a surprising twist.

plus, he seems to be modeled/inspired after [BLACKOUT]Injustice Zod[/BLACKOUT], with the bald head and beard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  18. X Knight

X Knight Hope

He will be revealed as a Kryptonian paramedic named Davis from House Bloome.

:o

19. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

So, looks like Brainiac isn't the second time traveller, it's [BLACKOUT] Zod!!![/BLACKOUT]

20. ComicBookNerd

Nyssa is quickly becoming my favorite character, not only is she stunning, but she plays Seg-El, Jayna-Zod, & Daron-Vex like a fiddle. So far, she’s had the single greatest impact on the series next to The Voice of Rao.

21. ComicBookNerd

That was a crazy twist, should’ve seen it coming, but I was too focused on Brainiac. Well played by the writers.

22. ComicBookNerd

Wow, looks like Krypton is really going to bring it. Wonder if they could squeeze Lex Luthor into the mix.

23. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

I wouldn't put it past them, but so far, the villains that have appeared/will appear are easier to justify in this setting.

24. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Awesome show so far. I'm digging the time travel element. The flashback was some nice character building.

25. VTGuy

VTGuy Active Member

I thought he was going to be Lyta's Uncle. The brother that her mother took the oxygen mask from and left to die in the flashback earlier in the episode.