Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

[YT]hoIa9hWyj24[/YT]

[YT]rDB3VsgpCxA[/YT]

[YT]aYBdsb2kZIE[/YT]

Last edited:
If they have Brainiac, Doomsday, & Dru-Zod, might as well throw in Darkseid & Lex Luthor. I think they might be throwing in too many Superman villains at once.

I love the Zod twist. Plus the morality question on Seg’s shoulders: save Krypton or save the rest of the universe. I mean he could stop Brainiac from pulling Kandor out which causes the planet’s core to destabilize and blow up in 200 years OR stop Zod now and risk everyone he knows and loves and let it all happen thus solidifying Superman’s existence. I honestly don’t know what I would choose.

I did wonder about the "Brainiac is from the future" bit, as he wasn't exactly acting like he had been to Krypton before. I really like the twist.

I’ll admit, I didn’t think that this show would be interesting. I was also skeptical about having it focus on Seg rather than Jor-El but I was wrong. I’m happy that at least television still explores the Superman mythology be it Supergirl or Krypton or even that Metropolis show that I heard about. Such a shame that the movies can’t do the character justice (although I’m a fan of Cavill’s Superman).

I love the Zod twist. Plus the morality question on Seg’s shoulders: save Krypton or save the rest of the universe. I mean he could stop Brainiac from pulling Kandor out which causes the planet’s core to destabilize and blow up in 200 years OR stop Zod now and risk everyone he knows and loves and let it all happen thus solidifying Superman’s existence. I honestly don’t know what I would choose.

Yeah, that is an interesting twist. I always assumed that the way to save Superman was to stop Brainiac, but now it seems that the way to save Superman is to let Brainiac collect Kandor. Quite a moral dilemma for Seg.

Yeah, it definitely adds a ton more to the dilemma of stopping Brainiac. It really does add a lot more conflict to the story. Bravo to the team for coming up with it.

Can't wait to see more of Zod as well as Brainiac and the Sentry possessed Rao!

Adam probably should've came with a direct message from Superman himself.

Adam probably should've came with a direct message from Superman himself.

It’s just weird that Adam thought the objective was to stop Brainiac and had no clue that Dru-Zod is the time traveler. So basically, Adam was going to get Seg-El to stop Brainiac which is Dru-Zod’s objective as well. So basically, the hero of this season is actually Brainiac.

Yeah, it definitely adds a ton more to the dilemma of stopping Brainiac. It really does add a lot more conflict to the story. Bravo to the team for coming up with it.

If I were Seg-El, or any rationally minded Kandorian, I would be inclined to side with Dru-Zod who’s working to stop this alien entity from shrinking down the city I was born & raised in, the greatest city on Krypton.

Also, from Seg-El’s perspective, there’s no way he could imagine what type of hero his grandson will grow up to be.

Just doesn’t make sense to sacrifice a whole city to save 1 person.

It’s just weird that Adam thought the objective was to stop Brainiac and had no clue that Dru-Zod is the time traveler. So basically, Adam was going to get Seg-El to stop Brainiac which is Dru-Zod’s objective as well. So basically, the hero of this season is actually Brainiac.

It is weird. Basically they're saying that Brainiac takes Kandor (as always), and then that makes Krypton's core unstable and hundreds of years later, it blows up. So, it has to happen. But, Zod coming back in time to ensure it doesn't happen is what is leading to Superman not existing.

Looks like the writers were counting on us assuming that once Brainiac takes whatever city he likes, he destroys the planet right away since that's happened enough times with past versions instead of just only collecting a city (and maybe wanting to to blow up hundreds of years later). So, maybe they also wanted us to assume Brainiac had time traveled to take Kandor anyway and blow up Krypton way before Superman can exist. A "2 birds, 1 stone" situation for him.

Now, Seg's got to deal with allowing his planet to blow up at some point and leading to the greatest superhero in the universe (and whatever good Superman eventually does) or letting Krypton live on (and not knowing how things will turn out anyway).

It is weird. Basically they're saying that Brainiac takes Kandor (as always), and then that makes Krypton's core unstable and hundreds of years later, it blows up. So, it has to happen. But, Zod coming back in time to ensure it doesn't happen is what is leading to Superman not existing.

Looks like the writers were counting on us assuming that once Brainiac takes whatever city he likes, he destroys the planet right away since that's happened enough times with past versions instead of just only collecting a city (and maybe wanting to to blow up hundreds of years later). So, maybe they also wanted us to assume Brainiac had time traveled to take Kandor anyway and blow up Krypton way before Superman can exist. A "2 birds, 1 stone" situation for him.

Now, Seg's got to deal with allowing his planet to blow up at some point and leading to the greatest superhero in the universe (and whatever good Superman eventually does) or letting Krypton live on (and not knowing how things will turn out anyway).

I like the twist. As I said in a previous post, no rational person would sacrifice the city they grew up in, the greatest city on Krypton just to make sure their grandson would become a hero, especially when you know that it will save the whole planet, including your own son, and knowing your grandson will continue to live (just not as Superman). Adam has his work cut out for him to convince Seg of how important Superman actually is.

I like the twist. As I said in a previous post, no rational person would sacrifice the city they grew up in, the greatest city on Krypton just to make sure their grandson would become a hero, especially when you know that it will save the whole planet, including your own son, and knowing your grandson will continue to live (just not as Superman). Adam has his work cut out for him to convince Seg of how important Superman actually is.

Right. But, we don't know how things would work out if they go with Zod's plan. I mean, what if Brainiac comes back; or who knows how the House of Zod will turn out by the time Kal-El is born, good or evil; or what if Krypton will blow up anyway; etc?

Right. But, we don't know how things would work out if they go with Zod's plan. I mean, what if Brainiac comes back; or who knows how the House of Zod will turn out by the time Kal-El is born, good or evil; or what if Krypton will blow up anyway; etc?

No doubt they shouldn’t side with Dru-Zod, he will no doubt try to take over the universe with Superman out of the picture, but if you put yourself in Seg’s position, he has no way of knowing that unless he relies purely on what Adam tells him.

No doubt they shouldn’t side with Dru-Zod, he will no doubt try to take over the universe with Superman out of the picture, but if you put yourself in Seg’s position, he has no way of knowing that unless he relies purely on what Adam tells him.

We'll just have to see if Zod has plans beyond just saving Krypton. Like if he will want to go to near Earth or any other place with a yellow sun in order to gain superpowers or just focus on life on Krypton.

We'll just have to see if Zod has plans beyond just saving Krypton. Like if he will want to go to near Earth or any other place with a yellow sun in order to gain superpowers or just focus on life on Krypton.

I agree, does he just want to save Krypton & get rid of Superman, or does he want the whole universe to kneel. I’m guessing it’ll be the latter.

Curiously, to confirm, Zod wants Seg's help to stop Brainiac, and by doing so, Seg saves Krypton. If Seg allows Brainiac to take Kandor, then Krypton falls, but Kal-El is born and is a hero on Earth.

Usually the line of the needs of the many (in this case, Kryptonians), outweigh the needs of the few (in this case, Superman). Why is this even up for debate gets me. Surely one person isn't worth saving over the population of an entire planet?

Earth has, and will continue to have other Heroes. What's so special about one man? I don't get it; furthermore, half of the Superman villains are a threat to Earth [because of] Superman, so if he wasn't on Earth, the planet would be safer.

Logic, it seems, fails this show (as much as I am enjoying it).

Curiously, to confirm, Zod wants Seg's help to stop Brainiac, and by doing so, Seg saves Krypton. If Seg allows Brainiac to take Kandor, then Krypton falls, but Kal-El is born and is a hero on Earth.

Usually the line of the needs of the many (in this case, Kryptonians), outweigh the needs of the few (in this case, Superman). Why is this even up for debate gets me. Surely one person isn't worth saving over the population of an entire planet?

Earth has, and will continue to have other Heroes. What's so special about one man? I don't get it; furthermore, half of the Superman villains are a threat to Earth [because of] Superman, so if he wasn't on Earth, the planet would be safer.

Logic, it seems, fails this show (as much as I am enjoying it).

I think it was stated by Adam that Superman is supposedly the greatest hero in the universe, thus one can assume that Superman's heroics end up reaching farther than the limits of Earth only.

You know, I am fine with a Zod neck snap every episode from here on out.

EDIT: Not gonna lie, I was expecting, and kind of hoping, for the green suit.

Last edited:
I actually side with Dru-Zod over Adam Strange right now. Although I understand saving Superman is more important than saving Krypton, I also don’t think Adam has made a good argument for saving Superman over saving Krypton to Seg-El as of yet. That being said, unleashing Doomsday on Krypton to save it from Brainiac is madness.

Ok I’ll admit it, I really did want them to unleash Doomsday. Adam is such a buzzkill. I’m with Dru-Zod, him & Nyssa-Vex are my 2 favs now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"