Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

It’s going to be a long wait until 2019!!

Indeed.

It sucks that all of my current favorite comic book shows (Krypton, Gotham, Agents of SHIELD) have been shortened to 10-13 episodes and won't debut new episodes until next year.

On another note, so how would you guys feel if this show eventually became its own things where Superman did end up being permanently erased from the timeline? Would you be okay with that?

Also, I thought we were supposed to see Hawkgirl show up on season 1. Whatever happened to that?

Whatever happens the end game will be restoring the real timeline where Superman exists. What this show is given us the chance to see is what may have happened had Krypton survived. Of course we’re also getting to see what may have been had Zod actually been successful in his attempt at taking over Krypton.

On another note, so how would you guys feel if this show eventually became its own things where Superman did end up being permanently erased from the timeline? Would you be okay with that?
Whatever happens the end game will be restoring the real timeline where Superman exists. What this show is given us the chance to see is what may have happened had Krypton survived. Of course we’re also getting to see what may have been had Zod actually been successful in his attempt at taking over Krypton.
Krypton is quite similar to Gotham in that everyone knows (or at least suspects) that the last scene of Gotham will feature Batman, just as I imagine the last scene of Krypton will feature Superman.

All we know (at least, as far as the show timeline is concerned) is that Brainiac takes that city which causes the planets destruction. Unless I'm mistaken, there wasn't a specific timeframe on that In relation to Superman, only that it happened, so presumably, at some point, Brainiac & Seg will escape the Phantom Zone and history will unravel as it was intended to do.

Between then and now though, the writers can kinda' do whatever they want. It's only the end of the show that needs to happen a certain way to ensure Superman's existence.

Also, I thought we were supposed to see Hawkgirl show up on season 1. Whatever happened to that?
It was Hawkwoman, but yeah, I was a bit bummed about her [lack of] appearance too. Hopefully we'll get her in Season 2, though I am curious why she was promoted for this season if she was never used.

I suppose she could be the woman Adam bumped into in frozen Detroit, although that would be stretching it.

When Krypton goes a-conquering next season, they're bound to encounter Thanagar. I like the idea that we'll see Hawkgirl as a soldier in that war, before she comes to Earth, mellows, and develops any interest in Earth's wellbeing.

I think we need at least one episode of Adam Strange on Earth in world where Superman existed. I think it's important to see what's been lost with all the time jumping shenanigans. I'm not saying we should see Superman, but I'd like to see things from the pov of people that are directly effected by his actions. How they've benefited from his existence. The people he's saved etc.

I'm wondering how effective this show is for people that are unfamiliar with the Superman character (As crazy as that sounds).

I suppose she could be the woman Adam bumped into in frozen Detroit, although that would be stretching it.

Speaking of that was one freakyass moment when that woman’s eyes turned towards Adam.

Speaking of that was one freakyass moment when that woman’s eyes turned towards Adam.
Makes me wonder whether there's more to her - cause that shouldn't have been possible considering.

I'd still like to know what city that was though; it looked American (American Cabs) but Brainiac shouldn't have even reached Earth yet, let alone picked up a city from the future (taking into account Krypton is set in the past as far as a modern Earth is concerned).

Makes me wonder whether there's more to her - cause that shouldn't have been possible considering.

I'd still like to know what city that was though; it looked American (American Cabs) but Brainiac shouldn't have even reached Earth yet, let alone picked up a city from the future (taking into account Krypton is set in the past as far as a modern Earth is concerned).

Yeah possibly.

I think it was definitely America, what I think happened is Adam traveled to the future in that City but by that point that City was bottled.

I believe the showrunners have stated that the city in question is Detroit - which is where, apparently, this version of Adam Strange hails from.

I believe the showrunners have stated that the city in question is Detroit - which is where, apparently, this version of Adam Strange hails from.

Yup, I remember seeing that in the interviews.

...so, presumably (because of what has happened) Brainiac somehow eventually gets to Earth and captures Detroit? Not only then has Adam been moved through space, but time (again) to a point in his future that's changed as a result of Zod stopping Brainiac?

Makes sense I suppose when you think of the ripples. Would mean Brainiac escapes the Phantom Zone though (guess that's obvious anyway) but does he leave Krypton alone?

...so, presumably (because of what has happened) Brainiac somehow eventually gets to Earth and captures Detroit? Not only then has Adam been moved through space, but time (again) to a point in his future that's changed as a result of Zod stopping Brainiac?

Makes sense I suppose when you think of the ripples. Would mean Brainiac escapes the Phantom Zone though (guess that's obvious anyway) but does he leave Krypton alone?

Maybe now that Zod has taken charge he’s too afraid too. As if maybe he tried again but got ****ed up by Zod.

Maybe now that Zod has taken charge he’s too afraid too. As if maybe he tried again but got ****ed up by Zod.

In this link (I already posted) showrunner Cam Welsh says that Brainiac is still going to be one of the big bads of Season 2, along with Zod and Doomsday. Sounds like they might also explore Brainiac's involvement in Seg escaping the Phantom Zone:

I'm assuming that Doomsday and Zod will be our big bads for next season?

Oh yeah. And Brainiac ... he sort of goes to what we are talking about. We spent a lot of time trying to develop Brainiac and get him looking right, and there was a lot of build-up and anticipation.

Of course, he's still up there in the Phantom Zone with Seg. Will they partner up to escape?

That would be interesting to see. I think one of the things that Seg went through in Season 1 was, in his growth as a character, he was too trusting in some ways [with] people, whether it was Adam (Shaun Sipos) and then later with Lyta (Georgina Campbell).

But I think he learned some lessons. Should an opportunity come to him to team up with Brainiac in some way in order to survive the Phantom Zone or escape the Phantom Zone, the question is I guess whether he learned from those issues earlier in the first season or not.

https://www.tvinsider.com/691689/syfy-krypton-season-1-finale-phantom-zone-cameron-welsh-interview/

This was already mostly discussed on the previous page...but the link I posted also explains what it's like for a person inside one of Brainiac's worlds:

They are paralyzed, but their brains are still functioning, they are still cognizant. We see that in all the people surrounding Adam. So we are in Detroit and see that somehow in the future Brainiac has taken Detroit.

Last edited:
In this link (I already posted) showrunner Cam Welsh says that Brainiac is still going to be one of the big bads of Season 2, along with Zod and Doomsday. Sounds like they might also explore Brainiac's involvement in Seg escaping the Phantom Zone:

https://www.tvinsider.com/691689/syfy-krypton-season-1-finale-phantom-zone-cameron-welsh-interview/
Thanks! :)

This was already mostly discussed on the previous page...but the link I posted also explains what it's like for a person inside one of Brainiac's worlds:
They are paralyzed, but their brains are still functioning, they are still cognizant. We see that in all the people surrounding Adam. So we are in Detroit and see that somehow in the future Brainiac has taken Detroit.
Yes, but when Adam was walking around the rest of the city, no other eyes moved - you'd have expected them to all be looking at him if they were able, yet it appears as though only one of them did. I'm wondering whether there is/was any significance to that.

I'm also wondering why Detroit seemed so calm; when Brainiac arrived at Krypton, everyone was in mass panic, but when Brainiac arrives in Detroit, people are still going about their everyday business?

So…

A friend has just discovered Krypton and is enjoying it. However, it seems the Syfy website (via various service providers) is only offering the first five episodes. And she’s anxious to see the rest. Any idea how Syfy handles their content - in terms of if/when the remainder of the season will be available?

I believe most of Syfy's shows end up on Hulu eventually.

Also, SDCC panel confirmed Lobo is coming in season 2.

I like this show. It was quite enjoyable. It was lovely to learn more about the mythology of the House of El. And see the symbol everywhere.

Looking forward to season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"