Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

I honestly can't get excited for this. Production values seem really good, though I wish it were actually less like the MOS Krypton if only to show where they started from in comparison to how Krypton was at the time of it's destruction. Even so... It's not the involvement of any behind the scenes talent, color schemes or such... It's the lead. The lead in all the previews is deathly dull in his line readings. He's just another terribly bland and has yet to show any kind of charisma. Maybe that works for the fans of the CW show but it's making me less likely to tune in. Also... This is on SyFy. Sorry but even if they end up with a winner they have a terrible track record of killing shows prematurely and leaving mediocre dreck on for years and years. Honestly I think something like this should have been kept for the WB/DC streaming service.

It's kind of too early for me to tell about the lead. He kind of has a thankless task. He's not a superhero, he has to lead this show that has to find its footing, its tone...looks like they're going for straight serious sci-fi, plus all the things they trying to do with time travel. It doesn't look like they're giving him quips or humour, and life on Krypton seems quite somber and serious and dangerous, with the House of El in peril from the outset. To me it depends on how well-rounded a character he turns out to be.

Some SyFy posters. Playing up to the youth market with the young stars/graffiti style. Showing different factions/houses on Krypton:

tumblr_p46nkeURSv1rs2uhvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p46nkeURSv1rs2uhvo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p46nkeURSv1rs2uhvo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p46nkeURSv1rs2uhvo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p46nkeURSv1rs2uhvo2_1280.jpg

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/krypton-exclusive-character-posters

"Fight like El" YUCK! That's bloody awful :hehe:

Yeah, I literally went through them and said:
That's terrible
That's fine
That's terrible
That's not good

I like it. Seems this and Titans put some good use as far as costumes and looks go, based on the images we've received.

I’m happy and sad, happy that we’re getting a true representation of the Brainiac I love in live action. But sad because he won’t be going toe to toe with Superman on this show.

Braniac looks dope. Spot on.

I am now more interested in this than I was before.

[YT]XNfn5kIaFrc[/YT]

[YT]be27t4XbouY[/YT]

[YT]W5tRBPGHy70[/YT]

I am impressed. I think that looks better than anything we could've hoped for from Snyder or the DCEU. They couldn't get any of the Superman villains right. Hopefully the acting measures up to how cool this Brainiac looks

I’m happy and sad, happy that we’re getting a true representation of the Brainiac I love in live action. But sad because he won’t be going toe to toe with Superman on this show.
Ditto. This is the first thing to catch my interest, but enough to weigh against everything else about this that looks wholly unnecessary? Unlikely. If it gets good reviews I'll give it a shot, but mainly I'll be lamenting that a live-action Brainiac is being wasted on...this, instead of fighting Supes where he belongs.

Ditto. This is the first thing to catch my interest, but enough to weigh against everything else about this that looks wholly unnecessary? Unlikely. If it gets good reviews I'll give it a shot, but mainly I'll be lamenting that a live-action Brainiac is being wasted on...this, instead of fighting Supes where he belongs.

Well in many incarnations Brainiac does have a history with Krypton so I’m cool with him on the show. I just really want to see Superman vs Brainiac in live action. So it makes me sad we won’t see that but for me this show looks phenomenal.

Extremely excited for Krypton. Brainiac looks fantastic and I wonder what Doomsday will look like, and if Superman will ever show up at any point in the series.

Love Brainiac's look, but I echo the sentiments that it's disappointing that we'll likely never see the character face off against Superman, and not just in this show but anywhere. How is it that we've seen friggin' STEPPENWOLF in a movie but we still have never gotten Brainiac in one? Yeah, I know Snyder probably would have cast Michael Cera as Brainiac and ruined him miserably, but it's still sad that this great villain will probably never seen the silver screen.

Brainiac sounds eerily similar to Jeffery Combs' take from Injustice 2.

Quite surprised how good Brainiac looks and agree that it is cool seeing it here but wish it would also be in the movies against Superman. This could be a precursor to all that, hopefully. In the meantime it could be a great way to explore it all here too. Since there is more time in a TV series I hope they use it to their advantage and show Brainiac in interesting ways.

Love Brainiac's look, but I echo the sentiments that it's disappointing that we'll likely never see the character face off against Superman, and not just in this show but anywhere. How is it that we've seen friggin' STEPPENWOLF in a movie but we still have never gotten Brainiac in one? Yeah, I know Snyder probably would have cast Michael Cera as Brainiac and ruined him miserably, but it's still sad that this great villain will probably never seen the silver screen.

Just like he cast Paul Reubens as Zod, right ?

Because Snyder did not cast

Henry Cavill
Gal Gadot
Ben Affleck
Jeremy Irons
Lawrence Fishbourne
Amy Adams
Michael Shannon

Just because you did not agree with his take on Lex Luthor does not mean that Snyder is bad at casting or that he would cast Michael Cera.

I am actually slightly hopeful that "Brainiac vs Adam Strange: Time War" turns out to be a good show. Hopefully the Krypton stuff is also decent.

*cough*

I'm still kinda lukewarm about this project but here is a list of things I hope they add to the show, that would get me instantly interested:

*Green Lanterns. Or even a guardian or 2
*New Gods. I see no reason why there can't be crossover with New Genisis and Apokolips.
*Czarnian's and maybe a young Lobo.

All of these suggestion can exist in this time frame. Especially the Guardians. Maybe they haven't formed the Green Lanterns, but Oa should exist.

And if the show use's the template that was set up in MoS then the Kryptonians are travelers and colonizers so there's an opportunity to have certain characters travel the universe.

I'm obviously not expecting this in season 1, but if they hint at the extended cosmic universe then I would be very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"