Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

In future seasons they could eventually move to space exploration. Like Jor-El said in MOS "like our ancestors did." There is plenty opportunity to really explore sci-fi on the planet Krypton and outside it. There's a lot they can do. Kryptonians are still in the denial stage about alien life plus they have the Phantom Zone etc. So we can watch Krypton culture evolve. Plus it looks like they could be visited by more aliens like Hawkwoman and even the GL Corps.
If they can do this, then great, although the show needs to remember that it's called Krypton, so you can't have too much of it taking place elsewhere; it would be like 15 episodes of Gotham taking place in Themyscira or Metropolis. :p

Would be nice to see the Lantern Cops though - if my memory serves me, there was once a Kryptonian Green Lantern group? Not sure on which comic, or how long it lasted however.

If they can do this, then great, although the show needs to remember that it's called Krypton, so you can't have too much of it taking place elsewhere; it would be like 15 episodes of Gotham taking place in Themyscira or Metropolis. :p

Would be nice to see the Lantern Cops though - if my memory serves me, there was once a Kryptonian Green Lantern group? Not sure on which comic, or how long it lasted however.

I think as long as it's about Kryptonians exploring space and other worlds it should be fine.

I remember there was a Kryptonian Green Lantern and there have even been stories of Superman being a Green Lantern.

I am a bit vague on the Lantern Corps; but (considering their purpose) is there any reason why they didn't aid in preventing the destruction of Krypton, and in turn, didn't deem it necessary to stop Brainiac from devouring worlds?

I am a bit vague on the Lantern Corps; but (considering their purpose) is there any reason why they didn't aid in preventing the destruction of Krypton, and in turn, didn't deem it necessary to stop Brainiac from devouring worlds?

I don't know too much about this either, but apparently the Guardians of the Universe did try to help save Krypton, they sent Tomar-Re, but it exploded before he got there:

http://superman.nu/tales2/greatestGL/

https://www.quora.com/In-the-DC-Comics-universe-why-didnt-the-Green-Lantern-Corps-do-something-about-the-destruction-of-Krypton

As for Brainiac, the Corps has battled him in the comics, but they haven't stopped him. They haven't stopped all the threats in the universe.

In my life, I’ve watching “Superboy”, “My Secret Identity”, “The Flash (1990)”, “Lois & Clark”, “Smallville”, “Arrow”, “Agent Carter”, “Agents of SHIELD”, “The Flash”, “Supergirl”, “Legends of Tomorrow”, “Legion”, “Inhumans”, “The Gifted”, & “Black Lightning”, and I don’t think any of them started out as well as “Krypton”.

So after that stinger, seems Brainiac may be showing up in full force next episode.

Really dug this week's episode with Lyta, Brainiac's parasite possessing Rhom, and Adam, Seg, and his grandfather working in the cave.

Next week should be interesting as the promo showed Black Zero interrogating Seg about Brainiac! Colin Salmon guest stars!

I really liked James Marsters’s depiction as Brainiac in Smallville, I loved Laura Vandervoort’s depiction of Brainiac 8 on Supergirl, but Blake Ritson’s depiction of Brainiac on Krypton is by far the best live action depiction of Brainiac that I have ever seen. He’s already my favorite big bad on any superhero show this season (Reign, Devoe, Mallus, Tobias Whale, Ricardo Diaz, Roderick Campbell(?), Ra’s al Ghul, Kasius(?), or Maximus). This is the live action version of Brainiac that we always deserved.

Last edited:
Really good episode this week.

A big thrill to see Brainiac, doing what he does finally in live action. Thrill to see the Fortress. Really dig all the tech and effects on Krypton in general.

Sometimes the show feels a bit boxed-in, I guess it's the limitations of the sets of a TV show. But that's minor.

Lyta is becoming a standout character.

Things developing well with the whole cast e.g. Adam Strange brings a bit of comic relief.

I think as long as it's about Kryptonians exploring space and other worlds it should be fine.

I remember there was a Kryptonian Green Lantern and there have even been stories of Superman being a Green Lantern.

I saw Supergirl as a Red Lantern in the comics within the last year or so. I think there's a lot of possibilities for this show.

Man of Steel reference in last night's episode with the H'Rakan egg sac.

YawgDNp.jpg

I am a bit vague on the Lantern Corps; but (considering their purpose) is there any reason why they didn't aid in preventing the destruction of Krypton

In recent years, the comics have portrayed the Guardians as ruthless in pursuit of order. I think the Guardians might pay special attention to a species whose members, when "charged", are individually capable of almost unlimited destruction.

If the lords of order are feeling nice about it, they might first try social engineering to keep all Kryptonians contained to a single planet under a red sun, weakened by a suspiciously green-glowing plague. When Kryptonians develop a cure for the green plague and start reaching for the stars, though, it's time for the Guardians' harsher contingency plan.

So after that stinger, seems Brainiac may be showing up in full force next episode.

When that happens, Seg will learn that the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" isn't always true. Adam isn't trying to save Krypton, after all, but to ensure that history (as he sees it) plays out properly.

Krypton has definitely lived up to my expectations and some. I love how they go into the details of Krypton. Until now, my impression of Krypton was a super advanced utopia with no poverty. It’s interesting to see how life played out for the rankless society. It’s certainly not what I expected on Krypton.

The only complaint I have is that they aren’t doing a good job of hiding the fact that The Voice of Rao is Brainiac from the future. Maybe he’ll turn out to be someone else, but I don’t see any shock value taking place if he’s revealed to be Brainiac.

I don't know why I never noticed the Kryptonian language used in this is the same mostly seen in the comics rather than what was in MOS.

I'm starting to feel that the show should be about Lyta instead of Seg.

I hope we learn more about The Voice of Rao this upcoming episode. I think they need to give his character a greater presence & a backstory. Otherwise his reveal is likely to be anticlimactic & predictable.

I have mixed feelings about this show. My main issue with the series is that I feel it would been better had they centered it around Jor-El and lead the show all the way up to the destruction of Krypton. There very little of it that reminds me of Krypton or gives me any connection to Superman or comics. Again feel the show would have carried more weight if it was with Jor-El and not his father.

That being said I did warm up to the show. I love the story lines and the characters. I love the different spin on Krypton then what we have always known. I'll keep watching for the time being. I can get pass the fact that it wasn't centered around Jor-El.

I have mixed feelings about this show. My main issue with the series is that I feel it would been better had they centered it around Jor-El and lead the show all the way up to the destruction of Krypton. There very little of it that reminds me of Krypton or gives me any connection to Superman or comics. Again feel the show would have carried more weight if it was with Jor-El and not his father.

That being said I did warm up to the show. I love the story lines and the characters. I love the different spin on Krypton then what we have always known. I'll keep watching for the time being. I can get pass the fact that it wasn't centered around Jor-El.

I see where you’re coming from in regards to how it should’ve been about Jor El, but you have to remember that unlike DCTV on The CW, this show is part of the DCEU, so they would have to get Russell Crowe to play Jor El in order to maintain continuity.

I personally prefer them doing the show about Seg El, mainly because it gives us a background on the House of El & how it rose to prominence, plus it explores facets of Kryptonian society that haven’t been explored in much depth before.

Seg-El is nice to look at but dull as dishwater. So far the characters here (and yes this includes Lyta) are very basic to me. Brainiac's the only thing holding my interest thus far. And I have a feeling that airing after the awesomeness of The Expanse will make this show seem even more basic in comparison.

Contrary to the hype associated with this series, it doesn’t seem as if SYFY had high expectations for this series going into the season (based on its time slot & there only being 10 episodes). I think this series has exceeded those expectations & has a lot of potential to develop into something awesome if given a chance.

Let’s not forget that Smallville started out as a hybrid of Buffy The Vampire Slayer & Dawson’s Creek when it first started out. Hope this show continues to grow support in spite of its early pitfalls.

Heh! Another neck snap. Kal-El is going to be in good company when he ends up snapping Zod's neck eons from now.

Just embracing the neck snap.

Colin Salmon as [blackout]Papa Zod[/blackout], nice. Tough to recognize with the beard.

Just for me, I am just kind of enjoying the general establishing of Krypton's culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"