All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe It when there is some concrete proof of this. Also, WB must be somewhat happy if they are gonna have a presentation at CC and start promoting it, they wouldn't have let Snyder continue on during filming if they didn't feel he was on the write path and liked what the were monitoring.

Um, didn't the WB cut up Wrath way after it was done? Studios will change stuff whenever they like.

man....I really hope that stuff about WB/Nolan not being happy is just gossip and rumor. :(

I always felt the partnership between Nolan and Snyder was weird, mainly because they have two very different styles at approaching filmmaking. Not better or worse, just different styles.

considering the guy (the great peter sciretta, love his website) who said it's pure gossip and has deleted the tweet AND has agreed he shouldn't have "posted negative unconfirmed hearsay on a movie a year away", i think we should just let it go. wait for buzz out of comic con.

Where's Gill? I hope he can shed some light on the situation.

considering the guy (the great peter sciretta, love his website) who said it's pure gossip and has deleted the tweet AND has agreed he shouldn't have "posted negative unconfirmed hearsay on a movie a year away", i think we should just let it go. wait for buzz out of comic con.

This.

I just looked on his twitter again, and his tweet has now been deleted.

And Apex, there are many who did not find much to enjoy about Snyder's Watchmen, and if the boxoffice numbers were any indication, many who saw it did not recommend it.

Whether you find Snyder style visually appealing or not, it is not unfair to say that he is far from the sure thing from a storytelling perspective. Sucker Punch does exist and that is kinda of undisputed in the larger sense.

Last edited:
I was never excited about the Snyder-Goyer team-up. I hope they haven't ruined this.

This isn't surprising.

Snyder is a mediocre director. Been saying it since day one. I was hoping this film would be really driven by Christopher Nolan from a directorial standpoint.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it.

I'm not too worried about the quality of this film though. Even if it isn't as good as Batman Begins and TDK (it definitely won't be), it can easily surpass any Superman live action adaption attempted thus far in history.

The 1977 Donner film was really the only good live action Superman interpretation and even it is horribly dated today (mainly the Metropolis stuff).

Last edited:
And Apex, there are many who did not find much to enjoy about Snyder's Watchmen, and if the boxoffice numbers were any indication, many who saw it did not recommend it.

And that's their opinion as well, but don't try to pass your alleged opinion as fact, because it's not. Had Watchmen been this disgraced CBM, it would have never amassed a cult following, and spawned prequels.

The film had ****ty marketing.

Whether you find Snyder style visually appealing or not, it is not unfair to say that he is far from the sure thing from a storytelling perspective. Sucker Punch does exist and that is kinda of undisputed in the larger sense.

I'm not defending Sucker Punch here, obviously. I'm disputing your comments regarding Watchmen.

Lmao. People using baseless conjecture to spell doom and gloom. Another day at the hype.

And that's their opinion as well, but don't try to pass your alleged opinion as fact, because it's not. Had Watchmen been this disgraced CBM, it would have never amassed a cult following, and spawned prequels.

And it's a 3-hour R-Rated superhero movie. That was never going to appeal to everyone.

This isn't surprising.

Snyder is a mediocre director. Been saying it since day one. I was hoping this film would be really driven by Christopher Nolan from a directorial standpoint.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it.

I'm not too worried about the quality of this film though. Even if it isn't as good as Batman Begins and TDK (it definitely won't be), it can easily surpass any Superman live action adaption attempted thus far in history.

The 1977 Donner film was really the only good live action Superman interpretation and even it is horribly dated today (mainly the Metropolis stuff).

And yet, your foundations for this statement are derived from a deleted tweet...

Watchmen had the best marketing any film could ever hope for. A trailer attached to The Dark Knight.

Watchmen's failure was due to it being handled by a mediocre director who couldn't find the right balance between the source material and making a film appealling to general audiences.

The theatre edit was really poorly paced.

And yet, your foundations for this statement are derived from a deleted tweet...

No. I have enough evidence to prove Snyder is a weak director. His past efforts are enough.

And it's a 3-hour R-Rated superhero movie. That was never going to appeal to everyone.

Of course, but my point is Watchmen was not universally panned by comic fans. Watchmen garnered alot of positive reactions (along with alot negative reactions) from the comic community.

I've never been a fan of Snyder at all and could easily believe he'd drop the ball on this movie, but still, it seems way too soon for "I knew it" posts. It's a rumor from one guy about an early cut of the film. Hardly an iceberg right ahead.

Of course, but my point is Watchmen was not universally panned by comic fans. Watchmen garnered alot of positive reactions (along with alot negative reactions) from the comic community.

I quoted the wrong part. My post was supposed to go along with the marketing thing. Sorry.

Was Watchmen a failure? Considering how the movie was put together, the target audience and the R rating, I always thought it did well.

Watchmen had the best marketing any film could ever hope for. A trailer attached to The Dark Knight.

Watchmen's failure was due to it being handled by a mediocre director who couldn't find the right balance between the source material and making a film appealling to general audiences.

The theatre edit was really poorly paced.

No. I have enough evidence to prove Snyder is a weak director. His past efforts are enough.

No, it didn't. A trailer being played before TDK doesn't guarantee success. Now, stop fabricating Rockstar. Even critics acknowledged that WB failed to properly market the film.

Riiiiight. :o Being a mediocre filmmaker would require a significant portion of professionals and fans to conclude that he is indeed mediocre. Yet, his several of his films have found success. Therefore, what you claim is merely conjecture.

By 'several' you mean "300" and "Dawn of the Dead"...

By that standard, M. Night Shaymalan is doing great.

I quoted the wrong part. My post was supposed to go along with the marketing thing. Sorry.

Oh, then yeah, you definitely have a point. A Rated-R three hour CBM is not easy to market at all, but WB really let down Snyder, in my opinion.

Hell, I didn't even like Watchmen but even I can agree it was marketed poorly. I even made my own trailer before it came out (which I've only done with 2 movies) just because I was so annoyed with how little WB was selling the actual story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"