All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell YES! With as much time as they have had for post-production, there is absolutely no reason this can't be one of the best post-conversion 3D movies to date. I didn't think it was possible to get more excited than I already am, but I guess I was wrong.

Snyder stated, “The film is going to be a visually exciting experience in all formats: 2D, 3D and IMAX. Anticipating how audiences today embrace 3D, we designed and photographed the movie in a way that would allow ‘Man of Steel’ to captivate those movie goers, while respecting fans who prefer a more traditional cinematic experience. We’ve taken great measures to ensure the film and the story come first, and 3D is meant as an enhancement.”

great statement by Snyder

The fact that WB secured two 3D conversion companies back in July was very telling, per that article on CBM (even though WB denied it being 3D at the time when IMAX made that boo-boo).

At least there won't be so many people in the 3D shows...

A studio lied about information that leaked and now turning around and confirming it?!?!?!

I'm shocked, SHOCKED!

I abhor 3D. But I'll see this in 2D, 3D and IMAX, of course.

Not a particular fan of 3D but this isn't about 3D. This is about WB making sure that Man of Steel makes $$$ so that they can keep the icon on the screen for many years to come.

If hopefully a great film and 3D is what it takes, so be it.

Not a particular fan of 3D but this isn't about 3D. This is about WB making sure that Man of Steel makes $$$ so that they can keep the icon on the screen for many years to come.

If hopefully a great film and 3D is what it takes, so be it.

I totally agree, i'm not a huge fan of 3D, but like you said if it makes the film more $$. I'll probably see it in 2D though.

Have they said that Snyder filmed with IMAX cameras?

Have they said that Snyder filmed with IMAX cameras?

No. If they did film some scenes with IMAX cameras, it was pretty hush-hush. Most of the feature-length films given IMAX releases don't have IMAX-filmed scenes (save for Nolan's last two Batman movies, TF2, and next year's Star Trek 2).

Post converted 3D is awful and always will be no matter how its done or how much time is taken to do it. Im waiting for the damn trend to end, even films "shot" with the format don't add anything to the experience at all whatsoever.

Post converted 3D is awful and always will be no matter how its done or how much time is taken to do it. Im waiting for the damn trend to end, even films "shot" with the format don't add anything to the experience at all whatsoever.

Did you not see the Titanic re-release? The stereo separation and depth was equivalent to that of natively-shot 3D, IMO.

I don't think WB has gotten the hang of doing consistently good post-converting live-action pics. Green Lantern, Harry Potter 8... it didn't help they rushed the conversion on both, but they used subpar 3D conversion houses as well. The only decent post-converted WB film has been Wrath of the Titans, and they started work as soon as the CGI work was completed.

If Prime Focus is the main 3D company on this pic, it probably won't look good. If WB secured a better name like Stereo-D, who did Titanic and The Avengers, it'll likely look great.

The 3D conversion definitely feels like a studio move as opposed to something Snyder/Nolan specifically went for.

Also worth noting they have officially listed Michael Kelly, who has been on IMDB as Steve Lombard for a while now :)
Steve Lombard, but no Jimmy Olsen. What

I used to agree until I saw TASM in 3D... Legit awesome. I saw it twice just for the effect I got when he swung through the city. I loved it. And if there is any movie of all the Comic book movies that needs to be 3 dimensional , it's Superman. I want to fly with him like it almost felt I did with Spiderman. I just wish they could invent clear lens glasses. I hate those tented 3D glasses. It dulls all color out in movies.

I used to agree until I saw TASM in 3D... Legit awesome. I saw it twice just for the effect I got when he swung through the city. I loved it. And if there is any movie of all the Comic book movies that needs to be 3 dimensional , it's Superman. I want to fly with him like it almost felt I did with Spiderman. I just wish they could invent clear lens glasses. I hate those tented 3D glasses. It dulls all color out in movies.
That has to do with the projector not being setup correctly. You should see 3D in a home environment. It's freaking awesome!

Can someone explain this to me.
Why is it that Pacific Rim and MoS , both WB movies and released within a month of each other , have such different new reports.
THis is something that i've been thinking about for some time.
Both movies were shown at CC yet Rim's response was better.
ALso early reports from Pacific Rim indicate that the movie is very good.
Look at the latest rumor of GDT wanting to make a Avengers type movie with several of WB's supernatural characters.
http://screenrant.com/guillermo-del-toro-heaven-sent-swamp-thing//

It makes you wonder if this is one of the reasons why they gave Pacific Rim the coveted July release date.
In the past few years the July release date has always been one where WB has released their "almost guaranteed to be" blockbusters such as Batman , Potter and Inception.

With MoS though they are sticking with the June date and even now news it pretty slow.

Del Toro would be a fantastic choice to direct The Justice League film, but the Heaven Sent supernatural film is right up his ally.

Last edited:
“MAN OF STEEL” TO SOAR INTO THEATERS NEXT SUMMER IN 3D

BURBANK, CA, November 7, 2012 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that director Zack Snyder’s upcoming action adventure “Man of Steel” will be presented in 3D in select theaters, as well as in 2D and IMAX®, so fans of the iconic superhero will be able to experience the much-anticipated movie in their format of choice.

Snyder stated, “The film is going to be a visually exciting experience in all formats: 2D, 3D and IMAX. Anticipating how audiences today embrace 3D, we designed and photographed the movie in a way that would allow ‘Man of Steel’ to captivate those movie goers, while respecting fans who prefer a more traditional cinematic experience. We’ve taken great measures to ensure the film and the story come first, and 3D is meant as an enhancement.”

The film stars Henry Cavill in the role of Superman/Clark Kent, alongside three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”), Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”), Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”), Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”), Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Michael Kelly, Richard Shiff, and Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).

“Man of Steel” is produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Entertainment. Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters are the film’s executive producers.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Zack Snyder Film, “Man of Steel.” The film is slated for release on June 14, 2013 and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

http://www.manofsteel.com/

Is anyone really surprised by this news of MOS being released in 3D format as well as in 2D and of course IMAX?

WB's gave Nolan what he wanted by not releasing a converted 3D version of TDKR's, but with MOS, Nolan and Snyder had no say on that one.

WB's wanted MOS to be released with a 3D option to give it a different visual experience and to make more money.

A no brainer really.

That has to do with the projector not being setup correctly. You should see 3D in a home environment. It's freaking awesome!

Oh I have and it looks great! The glasses are still tented though. And without the back light of a home flat screen to shine through, the movie theater projected movie will always be shaded with those glasses. I'm waiting on the day they open up a movie theater where they no longer use projectors and instead have huge LED-Backlit LCD screens. Not that I want projectors to go away... I'm jus saying.

I'll give it a shot in both formats. I had a viewmaster when I was younger with a STM slide and it was pretty cool.

Is anyone really surprised by this news of MOS being released in 3D format as well as in 2D and of course IMAX?

WB's gave Nolan what he wanted by not releasing a converted 3D version of TDKR's, but with MOS, Nolan and Snyder had no say on that one.

WB's wanted MOS to be released with a 3D option to give it a different visual experience and to make more money.

A no brainer really.

Plus, Im sure Snyder is much more willing than Nolan to use it. I'm sure he had no gripes with the studio wanting to convert it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"