All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I remember hearing on how there were reports during production of the film on how people could already tell back then that the film wasn't going to be anything special. If that was the case, then I can see on how the lack of enthusiasm from those involved with the film couldn't have helped either.

2. Zionite1

Zionite1 Well-Known Member

That is true.It might be that the Mos movie is incorporating this aspect of the mythos with the Robot army.Which is cool and kinda suprising because it wld mean Goyer actually did his research into the obscure parts of the Super mythos.
    I dont expect the robots to look like Zod Duplicates though.

Speaking of Braniac if he does appear in a sequel,he probably wont be showing up with his usual Robotic armies-Zod pretty much has this taken.Im guessing Braniac will show up instead with an Army of Alien Monsters Collected from various worlds.Would be very cool to see Supes battle different monsters.

Hell I cld tell it wasnt going to be anything special.It just screamed of it being a Ironman wannabe as well being Generic Superhero.

3. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Well those of us hoping for a prologue with the Hobbit BAD NEWS!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/...otage-to-screen-before-hobbit-in-imax-3d.html

Looks like well probably just get a trailer.

Edit: never mind I see I was beaten to it.

When did they say that about MOS? I haven't heard that said at all

4. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

lol; I was talking about Green Lantern, not MOS.

As far as I've read, everyone involved with the film has said nothing but great things about the level of talent involved and the story that they're trying to tell in the film.

5. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Ohhh six dude, GL let me down big time, it really had the potential to be the best CBM yet shame WB?s are so dumb.

Yeah that's what I've read about MOS too that's why I was shocked when I though you'd read something bad lol but I was wrong :p

6. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

So instead of WB featuring minutes of MoS(a film so far in production that it was originally scheduled to be released in a few weeks mind you), before it's own feature The Hobbit(a film so big and full of genre and demanding the same audience as MOS mind you). They instead let the direct competition in the form of Paramount's StarTrek(squeal of all things) play ahead ala TheDark Knight(and TDKR)?! no....

My dear lord. Well there goes that theory that they are going with the Nolan genre template of marketing. They may or may not release the standard christmas trailer, but it really looks like WB isn't broadcasting that this is the event picture they are fully behind and thus we shouldn't all be too, next year. Don't be surprised if we don't get a full trailer till next year. Moreover, don't be surprised if we don't get another production still. Just more mentions in other interviews by various cast telling us, not only things we already know(more serious..etc) but things they've been saying from day one(superman is the grand daddy...etc).

Come on already...just because this film isn't coming out in a few weeks any more doesn't mean you have to shelve it's buzz as well.

..they better at least release trailer two with hobbit(to get out buzzed by star trek no doubt) or I'll take my shot at making one of those hitler responds to myself.

..paramount better have paid an arm and a leg for this.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  7. ConnorKon-El

ConnorKon-El Amateur Film Nerd

You seem irritated:oldrazz:.

8. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

Ya know, I've always been one to stray away from skepticism about this movie because I've never had "that" feeling. I've always felt good about this one. A "Finally" has always been in my gut. But lately and especially with the Star Trek prologue news, I have a small seed of nervousness growing. To be honest I don't think there ever was a plan to release anything besides the Comic Con footage (only to SDCC attendees), the poster and the teaser. Everything else was caught while filming. And all of that was from a far and blurry.

Zack even said they wanted to release the suit officially before it was leaked and thats the reason for the vault picture. Otherwise we wouldn't have had that either. Why are they keeping this so secret? I understand the need to have mystery and the internet can and has ruined a movie. Plus it's still considered Early... But if it's a good movie and everyone involved really likes what they've seen... What's the big deal about releasing some real pics even? It is possible to share some and not give anything away. I honestly wouldn't have watched a 9 min prologue of MOS myself. But it would be reassuring if we got something that showed their confidence in the film.

Honestly if we don't get a trailer with one of these highly anticipated movies, my seed will become a full blown thorn bush.

9. ConnorKon-El

If a trailer isn't released with the Hobbit, i'm going to rage quit. It would be a incredible mishap to not show a theatrical trailer attached to Hobbit. There are still alot of people who have no idea a new Superman film is coming out.

10. Glassjaw

Glassjaw In training

Although no amount of bad marketting decisions will dampen my excitement for the film, it does seem like a huge missed opportunity to not put a MoS prologue in front of The Hobbit. I'm not up to date with other movie released, is it possible there is another film a MoS prologue could be attached to?

This has me thinking, perphaps the first 5-9 minutes of MoS don't suit a prologue as well as TDK and TDKR did, which could be a reason for not sticking it in front of The Hobbit. But even so, they could they could still edit a bunch of scenes together which could effectively give us a brief look at the first act, with some tantalising shots of Superman in action at the end.

11. ChickenScratch

ChickenScratch Well-Known Member

Questions popping up about the upcoming MOS, people getting nervous? Well I was never on the Cavill bandwagon and still don't see what most of you see. But I like Snyder and Superman's my favorite.

12. ConnorKon-El

Can that just be the first trailer ? LOL :oldrazz:

13. Glassjaw

Glassjaw In training

Haha I have just effectively described a trailer haven't I?

I just thought a prologue of extended footage, with scenes playing out longer then a trailer allows etc, might of been what was needed for a MoS prologue. If this film follows Batman Begins structure, i.e with plenty of flashbacks, the fact that it takes place over many years etc, perhaps it's harder to have a 1 sequence long, self contained prologue like the Batman sequels.

14. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

People tend to panic so easily. No prologue with The Hobbit apparently spells doom and gloom. :o

15. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

I've seen it in every forum for 10 years now.....

A pic is released....panic.
    A pic is not released....panic.
    A trailer is released....panic.
    A trailer is not released....panic.
    There is a news release on progress....panic.
    There is no news release on progress....panic.

I'm a wait and see kind of guy.

16. The Shield

I tend to agree with you here but for me personally it's a small build up of nervousness since we haven't had anything since the teaser 5 months ago. I mentioned earlier I wouldn't watch a prologue anyway. It's just we've had nothing for so long not even a simple picture of the Kents in character. Let alone anything official announced. Just a bit nervous. It's shadow of decades of let downs hanging over me I guess. It's hard to shake completely, trust me I've tried. I still have a way better feeling about this one. I just want a little more confidence shown from them just to say, "No worries fans, we're not. Here's some proof".

17. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

I am surprised that people are getting upset over the fact that MOS is not showing a prologue like Star Trek 2 is.

Do we really want to see a MOS prologue this early ?

I would be satisfied with first trailer and would rather prefer that they never show a prologue to MOS.

18. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

Exactly.

19. Rust

Rust First Son Of Yesterday

Me too, mostly. Did people really expect a MOS-prologue with the Hobbit?

20. The Shield

It's easy to be a wait and see guy when it's not your one favorite character that's put out crap for decades or been in movie hell otherwise. I am a wait and see guy with everything else. The Avengers, Spiderman, Batman, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, The Hobbit... For me those are meh, I'll wait and see. But I'm sure like you said in every forum you have panic because to those people it means something to them. I think that the MOS forum has had the least panic if someone where to compare. We seem to be more on the side of optimism and that's surprising if you consider how much we've been crapped on with our character in the past. More than any other fan out there I'd say. Movies, Media, and comic wise. I think we've earned a little sweat sometimes.

21. The Shield

I don't think so. I think it's just the fact that Star Trek is doing anything at all and we've heard nothing of MOS. Idk I just wish that MOS had The Hobbit to itself.

22. Zorex

Zorex I'm 100% 50/50

As soon as I read the Trek news, I thought... here comes the fretting over no Man of Steel prologue...

23. Krumm

Krumm Beer Snob

Same. It doesn't make me worried about the quality of the movie, it's just annoying that it's not MOS instead.

24. superhero#1

superhero#1 Well-Known Member

The prologue wouldn't even get released to the public anyways and it will not show in regular theaters, only in select imax theaters.I'm not going to see the hobbit.If a prologue was to be released, all I would get is a description.Warner Bros will take down any footage that leak, just like they did with the dark knight rises prologue.We need a Theatrical Trailer with the hobbit.The Theatrical Trailer would play in every theater and be released online.

25. The Shield

I agree with you. I was going to mention that myself but felt I said enough. :yay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.