All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the source says that the footage will be totally new and not a rehash of comic con. Though at this point, it's all still speculation.

Well it is nukethefridge...so we'll see if it's true.

While it would be nice to see the SDCC footage in HD, it would be bittersweet as we've seen it already. Having brand new footage with, hopefully, more shots of Supes and Zod w/ a bit more context would be fantastic.

If it is true, I would expect Warner Bros. to make an announcement soon.

But yeah, we can only take all this as a rumor for now.

Wel I hope that's true about it been totally new footage.

Hope we get an official image of Zod too.

I don't know how reliable that website is (after a bit of checking, doesn't seem very) and I usually only trust sites like Variety, LatinoReview, L.A.Times (although these are wrong at times too) but regardless, I've been saying that the trailer WONT be the comic-con footage for quite some time. I mean, it's something that's clear as day and I'd bet my house on it right here and now.

Anyway, long two weeks ahead. I say long because I predict that's when we might get some news and until then it will either be a desert around here or the worried group vs. the very optimistic group going back on forth on the same old discussion. :woot:

Well it is nukethefridge...so we'll see if it's true.

They have been on point with their MOS scoops.

I would say most significantly, they broke the later confirmed story of the

Scene between Faora, Supes, Lois at the miltary base.

I'm a bit willing trust them on this but we'll see.

Does anyone think we'll get pics? Perhaps a new poster?

Last edited:
Just hit this morning.

http://nukethefridge.com/2012/11/18/ntf-scoop-new-man-of-steel-trailer-in-front-of-the-hobbit/

I'm gonna take this as a rumor for now but I feel its likely true.

Well, there it is, and to think that some posters were doubting that we will get any trailer with Hobbit.

I had write so many posts to convince you people , damn you all. :oldrazz:

I will post this Gif to annoy you all.

tumblr_m77bh4EplG1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Well, there it is, and to think that some posters were doubting that we will get any trailer with Hobbit.

I had write so many posts to convince you people , damn you all. :oldrazz:

I will post this Gif to annoy you all.

tumblr_m77bh4EplG1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Who's he? He would make an excellent Superman. :cwink:

Swell if true, but I dont think there WONT be any of the CC-footage. Seems kinda doubtful.

Regarding the Hobbit, it opens here in Denmark on the 12th, but I dont reckon that means we'll get the MOS-trailer 2 days sooner, huh...?

I loathe SR not because it was bad but because it was meh. Singer stepped up his game considerably from X1 to X2, and I think its completely possible that a sequel couldve been a huge improvement.

Though Ive become cautiously optimistic about MoS, with the right script and cast Id take Singer over Zach Snyder any day of the week and twice on sunday. The editing on X2 alone tells me that the guy has the skillz to produce a top flight superhero movie.

If it is true, I would expect Warner Bros. to make an announcement soon.

Do movie studios ever make an announcement for when a trailer is coming? Usually it appears on that Alberta film ratings website a week or two before and thats pretty much just confirmation.

I loathe SR not because it was bad but because it was meh. Singer stepped up his game considerably from X1 to X2, and I think its completely possible that a sequel couldve been a huge improvement.

Though Ive become cautiously optimistic about MoS, with the right script and cast Id take Singer over Zach Snyder any day of the week and twice on sunday. The editing on X2 alone tells me that the guy has the skillz to produce a top flight superhero movie.

If SR proved anything, it's that Singer had his own vision of Superman that pretty much ignored the majority of different interpretations/material available. There is so much more to the character than the version SR presented, but he had the story HE wanted to tell, and it was very much driven by a nostalgic love of the old films.

What we have now is a group of people trying to tell a NEW Superman story that respects a variety of comic book material and stays true to the heart of the characters, but doesn't try and mimic anything that's been before. Synder has come into this literally saying he has no idea how to modernise a Superman story. Here we have a director who is completely capable of simply visualising the script as an artist, because he has no personal agenda with the story - and it's a script written by someone who has knowledge of plenty of comic book source material. It's just much much more exciting.

Well, although I expect some of the San Diego´s footage to be in the upcomig trailer, I

think that the new trailer definitely must show some aspects of the rest of the

characters... Remember that with the San Diego´s trailer we didn´t get to see anything

of Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne... and very, very little of Kevin Costner and Rusell

Crowe, Amy Adams...

Well I havent liked a Snyder movie since Dawn of the Dead, so I might be a bit biased.

Watchmen is one of my favorite movies. I love Dawn of the Dead. I didn't care for 300, but I didn't care for the comic either. I forgot Sucker Punch as soon as it ended. I never saw the Owl movie.

But he directed all of them well I think.

Watchmen is in my top 3 and 300 is in my top 10 films. I loved Legend of the Guardians and have seen it multiple times now. I also loved Sucker Punch... I can understand why some people didn't though.

The only one I haven't seen is Dawn of the Dead, and that's only because I have never been a big fan of Zombies. But I really should watch it :)

You guys are surprised the trailer is in front of Hobbit? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"