All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
G.... I don't know how many times I am going to thank you today but.. THANK YOU SIR!! (pause) :woot:

DAMN ! A 3D Trailer ! That's pretty damn cool, i cannot wait to see this, Zach is always great with trailers, he edits them himself usually correct ?

We are.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Wolverine gets a trailer as well. Maybe not with The Hobbit, but around that time.

James Mangold says there won't be a trailer for Wolverine until early next year. I wouldn't be surprised if the first trailer is attached to Live Free and Die Hard in February.

The official confirmation that we're getting several good trailers on The Hobbit is very encouraging. I knew WB was going to place the bigger MOS trailer on that pic way before, but nice to see confirmation anyway.

And I wonder if all three trailers (Star Trek, MOS, Pacific Rim) will all be in 3D in the 3D showings of Hobbit too. It'd be nice to see how well the converted 3D looks for the latter two.

Finally confirmed then. Now, shut up about it! :oldrazz:

Just curious, anybody know how long 3D-conversions take from good to bad? And costs as well?

If we're looking at a MOS which will likely be done this year, I hope for a (long) job well done on that conversion.

Finally confirmed then. Now, shut up about it! :oldrazz:

Just curious, anybody know how long 3D-conversions take from good to bad? And costs as well?

If we're looking at a MOS which will likely be done this year, I hope for a (long) job well done on that conversion.

If i'm not mistaken, I think one of the other reasons why it was pushed to a summer 2013 spot instead of a winter 2012 spot was because of the 3D conversation process.

Sub-par 3D conversions usually take 3-4 months to complete. Good converted 3D takes around 6-10 months to render. The studios like doing converted 3D since it's cheaper than doing native 3D... shooting a true 3D movie adds about $30M to the budget. Converting 2D footage is about 1/2 to 2/3's less that.

If that CBM 'exclusive' is true, that WB booked two 3D conversion houses this past July and started work in August on MOS... the studio will have spent 10 months to properly convert the pic once it's out June 2013.

I thought it was a combination of not competing with The Hobbit and them deciding not to go ahead with Green Lantern 2. But share that viral thing up there guys!

Does that viral thing mean there's gonna be something Man of Steel related on the Dark Knight Rises? I don't get these viral things lol

There it is whiners,you got your trailer with the hobbbit.Learn to be patient and not whine prematurely

Sub-par 3D conversions usually take 3-4 months to complete. Good converted 3D takes around 6-10 months to render. The studios like doing converted 3D since it's cheaper than doing native 3D... shooting a true 3D movie adds about $30M to the budget. Converting 2D footage is about 1/2 to 2/3's less that.

If that CBM 'exclusive' is true, that WB booked two 3D conversion houses this past July and started work in August on MOS... the studio will have spent 10 months to properly convert the pic once it's out June 2013.

Damn, that's long, man! I thought you couldnt begin it until the movie was done in post as well. I guess I have to search some info on that process.

Do you know some specific examples of short(bad) and long(good) conversions, because I dont think I can tell them apart. I've only really noticed movies actually SHOT in 3D looking the better.

But let's hope that "exclusive" speaks the truth about MOS.

Does that viral thing mean there's gonna be something Man of Steel related on the Dark Knight Rises? I don't get these viral things lol

Once the countdown gets shared enough they'll post a poster or clip or whatever it is from Man of Steel.

"Share the countdown to unlock an exclusive reward from the upcoming film MAN OF STEEL."

The reward is probably a very short video tease of the trailer, a hot new photo or photo set, or maybe a new poster.

Once the countdown gets shared enough they'll post a poster or clip or whatever it is from Man of Steel.

Dont think I understand how that works, hehe, but I guess we wont get anything before the 4th then?

I am so happy that the obvious was confirmed.

Now I can stop hearing the "no news evah" Town Criers.

Last edited:
tOv5X.gif

Well everytime I click Facebook on that I just get an error

Well everytime I click Facebook on that I just get an error

Yup. Sharing on Facebook doesn't work for me either. I did manage to share it on Twitter though. Hopefully more people start sharing it and we unlock it soon. Whatever it is, it will probably make the 3 and a half week wait for the trailer a little bit easier :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"