All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shared on my Twitter account (@Mavonduri, if anyone's interested in following a struggling/aspiring/starving fantasy author :hehe:), I'm very intrigued to see what the "reveal" is. It'd be nice to see an official Zod still, but I'd settle for another official Supes still (clearer shot of the suit)

I wouldn't call AICN a "major movie site". That's just a place where dukeebags go to complain/make fun of about everything in movies. :hehe:

Comingsoon.net is a more legit movie site than AICN :hehe:

Just kidding, I follow Harry Knoweles on Twitter. He's cool.

I remember with Amazing Spider-man, they released several "bonus" clips early on ( like Spidey vs the carjacker ).

does anyone remember how early they released those clips?

About a month and a half out from the release.

oh, I thought I had read somewhere that the creator admitted it was fanmade, and he just put it together to show off his skills.

I mean......I'd LOVE if something like that animation was used in the actual movie.

there's something powerful and awe-inspiring when you see the giant S symbol on the big screen.

Me too. First time I saw it, thinking it was real, I thought it was awesome and wanted to show it off. Definitely got my attention and had me wanting to know what followed.

I think the countdown will be complete when the BluRay is released in US, that is on 4 th Dec.

I doubt it will take another 2 weeks.

It think, at the latest, we'll have to wait until about Tuesday, but thats if the countdown is slow down tremendously, which it likely will not.

I'm betting the countdown will finish tomorrow sometime or, if not then, sometime over the weekend.

This could be promising. Hopefully they show the right footage to finally get the buzz going.

The indifference noted in the pace at which this viral package is unlocked is a reflection of the quality of marketing thus far. Moreover, who really wants to share more Batman stuff....it's tired.

Last edited:
I think the countdown will be complete when the BluRay is released in US, that is on 4 th Dec.

I doubt it. Especially if there's anything about the movie in any of the upcoming magazines next week. Im still holding out hope for if not for a cover issue then for a few stills in next weeks Empire Magazine. And since subscribers get it earlier, if there's anything MOS in there, the countdown should be done on the weekend, otherwise it would be kind of anti-climactic. If it's just a photo that is.

I'm not sure my multiple sharings are helping, and it's now not letting me do anymore, but i've added another 20 or so :funny:

This could be promising. Hopefully they show the right footage to finally get the buzz going.

The indifference noted in the pace at which this viral package is unlocked is a reflection of the quality of marketing thus far. Moreover, who really wants to share more Batman stuff....it's tired.

And here comes the worrisome fans whining about the marketing again.

I'm guessing this will be unlocked by tomorrow.

This is being done on purpose, in my opinion. Us Batfans went through the same thing when they were promoting the magazine covers.

Except us bat-fans would knock over an old lady to get what we want.

I'm not sure my multiple sharings are helping, and it's now not letting me do anymore, but i've added another 20 or so :funny:

Well of course that doesn't work! The people who make these applications aren't that stupid. If multiple shares would work, one extremely dedicated fan with too much on his/her hands could unlock this thing in a day. :p :woot:

The indifference noted in the pace at which this viral package is unlocked is a reflection of the quality of marketing thus far.

Uh, don't agree with you on this one. I mean, it took Iron Man 3 four days to unlock the sneak peek of the trailer, on a FB site with over 10 million likes and people knew what they were unlocking so that's an added motivation! Besides, not everyone wants to share a TDKR add. I know quite a few people who wont out of principle. I did, even though TDKR was, for me, one of the biggest disappointments ever in terms of movies.

Not saying that there is no indifference, at this point before we even had a proper trailer or anything really, it's to be expected, but I don't think that is the reason for the slowdown. I also still believe WB might be controlling the pace, as I've mentioned in one of my previous posts.

WB can make this take as long or as quick as they like, regardless of how many people share it.

Oddly enough, the site now says 27% completed for me.

This is no doubt being tempered by the creators of the campaign. And They will show it when they are ready. That was the plan from the beginning. That's why we don't have a number to actually reach. If we knew we needed like 2,000 shares it would be different. But since we have to reach 100% without knowing how much 1 share counts for... It's all on them. I'm just enjoying this whole thing. lol I'm content right now because I know for sure I only have 4 weeks or so and I'll get a Full Blown Trailer in 3D. (Does the Happy dance!)

I don't know about anyone else, but it's currently showing 27% unlocked for me, even though the bar is over halfway done. What is this sorcery?! I even made a screenshot as evidence.

WB can make this take as long or as quick as they like, regardless of how many people share it.

Oddly enough, the site now says 27% completed for me.

14uev48.jpg

Yea, It says 27 % Unlocked now. :doh:

Though the progress bar is past 50 % mark.

But the slider is still over halfway finished. Glitch! I demand 8 pictures now! I demand satisfaction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"