All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConnorKon-El

ConnorKon-El Amateur Film Nerd

:lmao:

2. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

Omgoh, I thought I was the only one!

3. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Worthington is nothing short of worthless, even with Cameron directing him ( a man that got good performances out of Arnold) he was as wooden as a log.

4. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Cavill is a great actor... much better than Worthington IMHO.

5. ConnorKon-El

ConnorKon-El Amateur Film Nerd

I agree, and he's going to do just fine as Superman, i have faith, i really do.

6. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

Most actors in superhero movies are better than Worthington.

7. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Anyone else think that it'd be a good idea if the film were to have prequel comics released that tied into the film that perhaps explored or further elaborated the backstory and history regarding MOS's take on Krypton?

8. G.Godfrey

G.Godfrey Well-Known Member

An interesting excerpt from the new Amy Adams interview (I posted the rest in the AA is LL topic):

"...Suddenly I'm hanging on a wire in the middle of Chicago."

I didn't know they did wire work out in public. Why no set pics? :csad: :oldrazz:

9. herolee10

Indeed; though I wonder if she was being hung because of Lois being in danger or if it was her flying next to Cavil.

But yeah, it is odd that no one got a shot of that in Chicago if the scene took place outside in the public; I mean just look at how many shots we got from the public shootings for films like TDKR and The Avengers.

10. Brain Damage

Brain Damage Everything Under the Sun

For those of you who've watched the Comic Con footage,

Was it just me, or did Zimmer's horn section sound strikingly like what he did on the end of "Time" from the Inception soundtrack?

[YT]Z0kGAz6HYM8[/YT]

Not that I'm complaining, as I love that piece oh so very much, just thought it was interesting.

11. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

^comic con song predates inception by like 12 years lol

12. Brain Damage

Really? Where is it from?

13. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

It was from the movie "The Thin Red Line"

[YT]TG9-j3eevL4[/YT]

14. herolee10

So if Amy's scene featuring her being hanged by a wire took place outside of a building within Chicago, I wonder if they filmed any scenes there featuring Superman's battle with Zod? I always thought that since we never heard of anyone seeing Cavil or Shannon there in battle mode that the fight scenes would be done within studios.

15. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

I was gonna say the other day that it seems we got alot less set pictures of Man of Steel than say what was snapped for The Amazing Spider-Man. I guess this is a win for WB with successful coverup with their Autumn Frost. Sucks for us though.

The Chicago pics were the least. The only reason for Amy to be doing wire work is if she is falling in a scene. So we might get a different take on the 'You've got me, who's got you' scene.

16. Brain Damage

Didn't know this, thanks :up:

17. herolee10

Correct me if I"m wrong, but didn't SR have like a few official photos by this time in 2005 (with its release date having been some time in June) 2006)? Gah, I hate having to wait like this....

18. Micromind

This may sound weird but, I don't know how to tell anyone (that is friends, relatives) about the new Superman movie, I told my cousin about the new Superman movie, and he was not aware of that, then he asked why another Reboot ? Where is Brandon Routh ?

Many people have asked about Routh since then, to many people in US, he may not be popular but some Superman fans outside US still think that he did a good job.

Then there are many who don't like the reboot trend, so it will be a tough for WB to convince many people to go and watch the new take on Superman.

I hope that Nolan's name will be able to draw in the crowds.

19. G.Godfrey

G.Godfrey Well-Known Member

Yes, and so did all of Nolan's Batman films and Green Lantern. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks...

20. herolee10

Superman is definitely the franchise that will have its fair share of hurdles to overcome. Spider-Man had three financially successful films, with the first two having been well received critically, thus it wasn't that hard to sell the GA on going to see a new spider-man film. And ever Marvel Studios film has the Avengers to thank for in helping boosting their popularity as well.

Superman hasn't had a big breakout film in ages and we haven't had anything really big to sell the public on; with most people not even being aware that there's a new one coming out.

21. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

We got more set pics from Plano than anywhere else. At one point it seemed like we were getting a new photo each day.

22. Micromind

That is one of the point I was making, Superman is Not very popular superhero right now(He is still in top ten though.) and whatever goodwill he had was spent when many people enthusiastically turned up to watch SR, granted SR was not that thrilling or action packed (some were even disappointed by it.) But, when people hear about the new Superman movie, they are -

* Expecting sequel to Superman Returns.

* Don't want to go and see another Superman movie because SR was not that good.

* Are tired of the whole reboot business.

23. herolee10

Agreed; that and the common misconception seems to be that Superman is too "clean" of a hero in a age where morally challenged heroes are better accepted.

24. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

Superman 3 and 4 were bad films. Superman Returns was terribly disappointing. Lets see what the response is if they actually give us a great film. If they give us a great movie and the public doesn't respond then we have a problem.

25. herolee10

I'm assuming that the people back at Warner Bros are still hoping that this film will at least make 500 million; I mean I remember on how one of the execs said that they felt that SR should have made that much and since it didn't, it was one of the reasons why they decided that they should reboot the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.