All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second TDKR theatrical trailer is one of the finest trailers I've ever seen.

Assuming that a full theatrical trailer will debut with the Hobbit, we are just one month away, quite possible getting a new poster too.

Well well, Start Trek Into Darkness (the example some people like to use to justify the lack of MOS news :woot:) is going to have a 9 (!!!) minute prolouge in IMAX 3D in front of The Hobbit. Damn, The Hobbit is getting crowded. This, Pacific Rim trailer...and that Superman guy nobody cares about it. :hehe: :p

On another note, this seems to have been our phases so far when it comes to the production of this film's schedule:

1. AUGUST 2011: Does he have the Red Underwear debate term

2. SEPTEMBER 2011-OCTOBER 2011: OMG I LOVE/HATE the New Updated Look term

3. EARLY JULY 2012: OMG, MOS is going to be EPIC after seeing the bootleg Comic Con Trailer Term.

4. LATE JULY 2012: I feel so whelmed by the official teaser term

5. AUGUST 2012 to NOW: WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET SOMETHING NEW Term

6. NOW to NEXT MONTH: WHY IS THERE STILL NO NEWS???

7. DECEMBER to JANUARY: Why was there no trailer?!?! or, Why was the trailer so weak???

8. JANUARY to MARCH: Another period of zero news.

9. APRIL to JUNE: The period when WB throws everything but the kitchen sink out there, aka THEY ARE SHOWING WAY TOO MUCH AND I CAN'T RESIST THE SPOILERS!!!

10. JUNE:
Movie comes out to a mediocre reception and does poorly at the box office, tears are shed at the hype, hearts are broken and rage outbursts grow in uncontrollable numbers.

:twisted::ikyn:hoboj:

6. NOW to NEXT MONTH: WHY IS THERE STILL NO NEWS???

7. DECEMBER to JANUARY: Why was there no trailer?!?! or, Why was the trailer so weak???

8. JANUARY to MARCH: Another period of zero news.

9. APRIL to JUNE: The period when WB throws everything but the kitchen sink out there, aka THEY ARE SHOWING WAY TOO MUCH AND I CAN'T RESIST THE SPOILERS!!!

10. JUNE: Movie comes out to a mediocre reception and does poorly at the box office, tears are shed at the hype, hearts are broken and rage outbursts grow in uncontrollable numbers.

:twisted::ikyn:hoboj:
my heart couldn't handle that **** lol :cmad:

I was hoping somebody could help me out with this. I haven't read many Superman comic books. I was never a fan of him untill rescently when I watched the old original movie with Reeves. And I've seen a lot of the direct to video DC animated movies. I was hoping somebody could answer me this question.

Is the character portrayal of Superman in these animated movies pretty true to the comic book? I'm talking about Superman verses the elite, All Star Superman, Batman Superman Public enemies, Doomsday, Justice Leage New Frontie, Justice league crisis on two earths, shazam, ect.

Last edited:
Yes, for the most part. Most of those direct animated movies are actually adapted directly from comic book stories.

Well well, Start Trek Into Darkness (the example some people like to use to justify the lack of MOS news :woot:) is going to have a 9 (!!!) minute prolouge in IMAX 3D in front of The Hobbit. Damn, The Hobbit is getting crowded. This, Pacific Rim trailer...and that Superman guy nobody cares about it. :hehe: :p

The Hobbit in IMAX 3D is going to be so worth the 20 dollars, especially with those trailers and STIT prologue.

Here's a thought; how would you guys feel if they had Superman confiscating the remainders of Zod's robot army (assuming if he does have a army of robots and that there are still some left, albeit damaged or deactivated) and reprograms them to function within the FOS? I think that'd be a great way of establishing Superman having advance robots working within the Fortress like how he's been known to have in the comics.

Here's a thought; how would you guys feel if they had Superman confiscating the remainders of Zod's robot army (assuming if he does have a army of robots and that there are still some left, albeit damaged or deactivated) and reprograms them to function within the FOS? I think that'd be a great way of establishing Superman having advance robots working within the Fortress like how he's been known to have in the comics.
To me, it doesn't seem like that type of thing would fit into this type of movie.

I agree. Something like that just doesn't seem like it would fit in this movie. I don't think it's Nolan's/Snyder's style.

But if we end up getting Robots that accompany Zod, wouldn't that in itself already go out of the boundaries of Nolan's and Snyder's usual style?

Has there been something new that suggests Zod has robots?

Last edited:

Aside from the TV Toyline commercial that was presented a few weeks back; no, hence why I said previously earlier on that this was all under the assumption/speculation that Zod DID have a army of robots.

for all I know, Zod might have something else entirely as henchmen since I'm still personally under the belief that there will be more than just Zod and Faora as a threat on Earth.

Aside from the TV Toyline commercial that was presented a few weeks back; no, hence why I said previously earlier on that this was all under the assumption/speculation that Zod DID have a army of robots.

for all I know, Zod might have something else entirely as henchmen since I'm still personally under the belief that there will be more than just Zod and Faora as a threat on Earth.

well, we do know from the early set pics that there were a few other mo cap guys along with Zod, and a mo cap dude with the big stick on his head with Faora.

so, that would at least suggest there are other bad guys besides Zod and Faora, with one of them potentially being larger than normal ( hence the need for the stick on the guy's head ).

whether or not they are robots, Kryptonian henchmen ( with cgi power suits? ), or something else entirely ( Doomsday like creature?? ), that remains to be seen.......

perhaps the mo cap dude with the stick is a robot ( hence the larger size ), and they're just using one guy to mo cap the movements, then duplicate that in cgi to create multiple robots........

or else the mo cap dude with stick IS Zod in some kind of giant power suit ( but then, why not just get Shannon to do it........).......

there was also one brief shot in the Comic Con trailer where it looked like Superman was fighting, in mid air, something "big." not giant, but something with mass. but it's hard to tell if that's Zod in a power suit or some kind of creature or robot......

Last edited:
The toy commercial pitch that made the rounds a few weeks ago. It had enough other plot elements that have been confirmed, but not officially announced, to lead a reasonable person to believe that Zod would also have a robot army as indicated in the commercial.

Plus all the extra "bad guys" in mo-cap suits that were shot during filming had to either be Kryptonians in battle armor or robots. Putting two and two together......

Edit: It pays to actually finish reading a thread before posting. Sorry for being like the 4th reply with the same answer.....sheesh.

I wonder where Zod gets the robots from (if he has them)? Maybe a nod toward a sequel villain... Brainiac?

a few weeks back, there were some reports of supposed "test commercials" for toy concepts. and one of those commercials' description mentioned Zod and his robot army and spaceship Black Zero. the commercial had models of them too.

here's an article on it:

http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-movie-spoilers-zod-black-zero/

The toy commercial pitch that made the rounds a few weeks ago. It had enough other plot elements that have been confirmed, but not officially announced, to lead a reasonable person to believe that Zod would also have a robot army as indicated in the commercial.

Plus all the extra "bad guys" in mo-cap suits that were shot during filming had to either be Kryptonians in battle armor or robots. Putting two and two together......

Edit: It pays to actually finish reading a thread before posting. Sorry for being like the 4th reply with the same answer.....sheesh.

Thanks guys, I remember the mo cap guys in the summer but there hadn't been anything since and there seemed to be some uncertainties over who or what they were representing.

The crime that Zod was sentenced to the Phantom Zone for in the silver age was trying to take over Krypton using robot duplicates of himself (resembling Bizarros).

Damn , i guess there won't be a prologue with Hobbit.
The first nine minutes of Star TRek will be attached to hobbit.
As much as i'm looking forward to MoS and i really am hoping for the best , i just hope the lack of marketing won't kill this flick a la Green Lantern ( lack of marketing was ONE not THE reason why the movie wasn't a succes)

More like they had no idea how to market the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"