All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
61%. How embarrassing.

Just don't expect it before Dec 4. If we do get it before then, awesome. Although I doubt it. What would really be embarrassing is if it keeps going after Dec 4.

What would be more embarrassing is if the meter went back down again.

It'll fill up by the 15th.

It'll fill up by the 15th.

I'd agree if I thought the reward was the trailer and if the TDKR countdown didn't end on Dec 4.

BTW...It's at 62% now.

Yeah, definitely the 15th or later at this pace... Unless they have a set date for it to achieve it and this has all been marketing trick. There's no real for us to monitor the true process, in that case my bet is the 13th, right before the trailer.

omg it's only at 62% ? Cool, maybe we will get this before the year is over FML

This percentage is pitiful. Had they not lowered it by a *****-ton, we'd have whatever it is by now. What a slap in the face.

I think we should forget the meter until it reaches 95%. If WB had simply released a photo we would have been happy. Now I think a simple shot of Zod after all of this may leave us disappointed.

I think we should forget the meter until it reaches 95%. If WB had simply released a photo we would have been happy. Now I think a simple shot of Zod after all of this may leave us disappointed.

Ain't that the damn truth. :o

If this isn't a trailer it better be a pic of Superman and Zod beating each other to a pulp or something :p

I'm certainly not sharing it anymore. I'm not going to give WB free advertising for a sluggish, buggy counter that makes weird leaps forward and backwards. I'm not that desperate for Superman stuff, especially since the trailer is not that far away.

I'm certainly not sharing it anymore. I'm not going to give WB free advertising for a sluggish, buggy counter that makes weird leaps forward and backwards. I'm not that desperate for Superman stuff, especially since the trailer is not that far away.

Exactly :yay:

I think the only good thing to take away from this so far, is that the longer build up this 'reveal' has, the more likely to suggest its something worth waiting for. If it was simply a shadowy picture of Zod á-la Bane, I can't imagine WB delaying the unlock for so long - having such a relatively minor reward for such a big and long effort would lead to an anti-climax and backfire for the promoters.

Whereas if it's indeed some footage or a teaser for the full trailer, it makes sense they would want to have it unlock closer to the 14th, and allow for a nice spike in hype, much like the Iron Man 3 teaser and trailer being released 4 days apart. To me, it makes sense they would want to achieve a similar result, but in doing it like this, its coming across as one hell of a back handed reward.

I know.I was promoting that thing just because of the MOS reward. I didn't even like TDKR and I'm definitely not getting the Blu-ray...

Ok so, it's at 62% right now making it 38% left. If they want to "unlock" the "exclusive" on the release day of the dvd in 11 days that's 3% a day. And that's almost exactly what rate it's at currently. They aren't even trying to Hide that fact it's rigged now. Warner Bros. is looking very tacky these days.

Ok so, it's at 62% right now making it 38% left. If they want to "unlock" the "exclusive" on the release day of the dvd in 11 days that's 3% a day. And that's almost exactly what rate it's at currently. They aren't even trying to Hide that fact it's rigged now. Warner Bros. is looking very tacky these days.

Yep they may as well just get rid of the countdown now and do what they want either way lol

I think what happened is it was progressing too quickly at first, so they reprogrammed it so that it would take more "shares" to increase it by 1%. But that crashed the counter, so they had to reset it.

But it seems to me to be a marketing misstep to make it progress slowly. Once you make it too slow, it kills anticipation rather than building it, because the next day someone checks it and they go "it only moved 2%? The heck with this."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"