All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the teaser trailer approached I wanted to see so many things but I was satisfied with the more understated approach. But a full trailer needs some action. As well as Superman appearing onscreen.

When the teaser trailer approached I wanted to see so many things but I was satisfied with the more understated approach. But a full trailer needs some action. As well as Superman appearing onscreen.

i need things exploding every 5 seconds in this new trailer LOL. We just need some more action, and some great fly shots.

Because of the lack of news, I was looking at some old obscure rumors from when they were filming. One of them was supposedly a scene in a hospital where the Kents take Clark for a checkup and he lets out a supercry that shatters all the windows. It seems far fetched but who knows.

Another old rumor was Superman flying through an Ihop sign.

Because of the lack of news, I was looking at some old obscure rumors from when they were filming. One of them was supposedly a scene in a hospital where the Kents take Clark for a checkup and he lets out a supercry that shatters all the windows. It seems far fetched but who knows.

Another old rumor was Superman flying through an Ihop sign.

I believe both rumors are true, or at least someone going through that sign. Though it might be a overkill if Clark also lights up the school with heatvision by mistake.

For starters, not "all" of you are saying the same things

I personally don't understand what's so clever about about a studio purposefully suppressing a "buzz/hype" meter to a film they are trying to build "buzz/hype" for. I've never seen it happen and I don't think it's a good move. Does anyone here seem to think otherwise? If so, perhaps I don't get it.

Imagine if they kept this going a full year? Would the error become more clear then?

Let's look at what WB is doing with regard to this game:

1. They are not advertising on the surface that this is a MOS promotion. This is free social media marketing for TDKR.

2. Notice that each day the picture changes when you share it as with the countdown number. If WB released the exclusive early then there would be no incentive for fans to keep pimping their free marketing.

3. WB screwed up by not controlling the flow of the meter from the get go. If they did no one would be questioning its authenticity and saying that it isn't moving due to lack of interest when that is not the case at all.

4. Their timing wasn't the greatest if controlling the meter from the start was their original plan. 5 days prior would have been optimal to not fatigue fanboys and exhaust their free marketing source.

So with all that said this had noting to do with lack of interest and everything to do with WB marketing dropping the ball in which they do quite frequently.

Looking through some more old news. I saw some old article that said Man of Steel filmed a scene on Halloween night 2011 at Mount Seymour involving a stunt sequence with an overturned logging truck.

Let's look at what WB is doing with regard to this game:

1. They are not advertising on the surface that this is a MOS promotion. This is free social media marketing for TDKR.

2. Notice that each day the picture changes when you share it as with the countdown number. If WB released the exclusive early then there would be no incentive for fans to keep pimping their free marketing.

3. WB screwed up by not controlling the flow of the meter from the get go. If they did no one would be questioning its authenticity and saying that it isn't moving due to lack of interest when that is not the case at all.

4. Their timing wasn't the greatest if controlling the meter from the start was their original plan. 5 days prior would have been optimal to not fatigue fanboys and exhaust their free marketing source.

So with all that said this had noting to do with lack of interest and everything to do with WB marketing dropping the ball in which they do quite frequently.

finally, someone agrees.

The greater issue I have is what this telecasts to the many people that honestly have no clue with the fact that WB is controlling the meter...
I didn't know till I was told.

If Zack Snyder says the trailer is 'crazy' I believe him. Didn't we discuss before how he cuts his own trailers? I think this is gonna be the all-in trailer. The expensive FX shots will be done now. We'll see a glimpse of the full-scale conflict of this movie for sure. The amazing visuals for Krypton. Snyder's really good at framing and composition. We're gonna get some big money shots. The unsuspecting masses will be drooling in their seats and forget all about some wasted 9 mins of their time with some silly Star Trek prologue and then wonder why they're watching silly little Hobbitses. Bring on June 14 they'll say!

:up:

Audiences around the world would assuredly feel the jolts of guilt circulate their veins as they realize the the utter silliness of Star Trek and the movie they paid money to see after being reminded of the bitter hardships and sacrifices of reality in Man of Steel.

Looking through some more old news. I saw some old article that said Man of Steel filmed a scene on Halloween night 2011 at Mount Seymour involving a stunt sequence with an overturned logging truck.

That probably has something to do with this photo...

man-of-steel-set-picture-logging-truck-destroyed.jpg

Snyder and his team usually do have a huge hand in the final trailer edit(not all directors do). However, this time may be different.

For starters, you won't be hearing snyders typical trailer music this time.
...nolan's not feeling it.

The star wars comparison come from what we've heard about krypton.We heard that krypton suppose to look similar to the Coruscant skyline from Star Wars and that they'll be using star war like weaponry on krypton.

Snyder and his team usually do have a huge hand in the final trailer edit(not all directors do). However, this time may be different.

For starters, you won't be hearing snyders typical trailer music this time.
...nolan's not feeling it.

I'm sure Snyder will be all over the trailers, but of course, he knows he cant include music by Rob Zombie or whatever nor would he want to.

I also think MOS will be a lesson or eye-opener for Snyder in aiming to make "maturer" movies in the future. I'm really glad he got Suckerpunch out if his system before doing MOS. Not saying we wont get a Suckerpunch II though.

finally, someone agrees.

The greater issue I have is what this telecasts to the many people that honestly have no clue with the fact that WB is controlling the meter...
I didn't know till I was told.
I'm pretty sure you were the only one that didn't realize WB is controlling the meter.

"That pic gets me all sorts of excited"

Yeah, and puzzled. I wonder how that happened since the tornado-thing happens in Smallville if I understand correctly, and that looks like Alaska.

Supes' first bender?

Being crazy-drunk with blackouts. I wanna see that. It's supposed to be realistic, right? :woot:

Being crazy-drunk with blackouts. I wanna see that. It's supposed to be realistic, right? :woot:

I wonder, can Superman get drunk ? I mean he would have to consume alot more alcohol than the average human could handle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"