All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is real. And looks like a bad photoshop. I really hope that they have another poster ready for the launch with a trailer. I mean, it's nice for the fans, but kind of disappointing.

It's just a screen grab from the trailer shown at comic con. I don't know why they chose it but I don't mind it.

So who had there money on shadowy poster revealing absolutely nothing we havent already seen?

Me.

It is real. And looks like a bad photoshop. I really hope that they have another poster ready for the launch with a trailer. I mean, it's nice for the fans, but kind of disappointing.

This.

I like that we finally have a (somewhat) clear pic of Cavill in the Suit from the movie but its so blurry.

It really does look like a photoshopped pic someone did using the SDCC footage

I wanted to see something brighter in tone.

Me too. Don't like how sad Superman looks. And is it just me, or does Cavill look more like Superman in the set photos and interviews than here? And yeah, amateur looking posting. Meh.

People are going to continue to say how dark Superman is trying to be till we get a different tone of media coming out. Still shots that hide his trunk region too.

Can we all agree that this wasn't worth a (rigged) 2 and 1/2 week long countdown?

http://img9.imagevenue.com/loc527/th_562104692_12608520802_122_527lo.jpg[/IMG
th_562104692_12608520802_122_527lo.jpg

I don't mind it but it's not really a poster. They just slapped the man of steel on it and called it a poster. I still like it though. It will get the fans thinking if they haven't seen or ready any descriptions from the comic con.

Well, the "hair" is better in the second official picture -- as compared to the first. :)

I just... um... I'm don't know what... hmm... uh...

Ho-lee crap. That is awful.

People make jokes that Superman is trying to be dark... Now I have to reorganize my excuses till the trailer HOPEFULLY reveals a different tone.

lol I guess I'm the only happy one.

Well, it's definitely different than what we usually see for these movies, which I like. I guess from a GA-POV it'll stand out enough to create a different buzz around Superman.

Composition, lightning, resolution and the overall feel of it – it all sucks. And I'm generally a very positive and non-picky person.

this........better not be the official theatrical poster!!!!

Initial thoughts...kinda disappointed. I mean why go through all that build up, just for that?
On a positive note, it's not an image of Superman I would have expected to see so we are getting some new, something fresh. I'm sure there is some sort of metaphor behind this shot

- Warner Bros...

EXEC #1: Okay guys, we need to create a new poster for Man of Steel before the new trailer.

EXEC #2: Here's an idea, let's create an stupid, rigged countdown.

All EXECS: I like that idea...

EXEC #3: Oh and lets just have the poster be a screencap from the CC trailer, and we can just add some flashy effects.

ALL EXECS: BRILLIANT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"