All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is this the poster that we needed right now but not the one that we deserved?lol

TBH I am a big fan of all the marketing material we have gotten thus far (though we have gotten quite little of it).

1. The teaser poster is perfect. I really love it. Cavill looks like a muscular stud, we get the S but nothing too prominent. It looks like what the Batman Begins posters with a mopey Batman were trying to look like.

2. The teaser trailer, especially the one with Crowe's voice, are excellent announcement teasers. Serious, atmospheric, high quality.

3. This poster. It is different, it is original. It isn't meant to do anything be a semi thought provoking, eye catching image.

This next trailer, though - needs to exceed 2 minutes in length, and really needs to show some action. TBH, I do not care if it shows practically no story. We just need to get the point: "superman + big action".

ok I don't understand what was so bad about my previous post that earned it a deletion....especially when I've seen much worse than what I posted.

Atleast the poster wasn't another picture of Clark Kent as a fisherman.

TBH I am a big fan of all the marketing material we have gotten thus far (though we have gotten quite little of it).

1. The teaser poster is perfect. I really love it. Cavill looks like a muscular stud, we get the S but nothing too prominent. It looks like what the Batman Begins posters with a mopey Batman were trying to look like.

2. The teaser trailer, especially the one with Crowe's voice, are excellent announcement teasers. Serious, atmospheric, high quality.

3. This poster. It is different, it is original. It isn't meant to do anything be a semi thought provoking, eye catching image.

This next trailer, though - needs to exceed 2 minutes in length, and really needs to show some action. TBH, I do not care if it shows practically no story. We just need to get the point: "superman + big action".

^ THIS!

I would just like to add it needs to be a 3 minute trailer because they normally spend 20 seconds at the start and the end faffing around with Logos and credits etc.

WB just sent me a new poster.

manofsteellol.jpg

that star trek poster is lame, nobody knows the logo or who the guy it shows is.

Look, guys, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Either you want to watch all the leaked material that you weren't supposed to see and deal with being way ahead of the game, or you can actually be patient and enjoy the content from a fresh perspective, as it was intended. This is why Nolans team stopped doing the Cons.

The fact that some people are upset because this was a sequence in the Comic-Con footage is ridiculous and really speaks to the quality or lack thereof in the discussion around here.

The internet fan-community is an extremely vocal, but extremely small segment. The goodies you would be into were presented at Comic-Con months ago. That was the point of that panel and the footage. If you want that kind of stuff, then start attending the Cons and be prepared for major lulls in-between.

These marketing moves are designed for the general public, not the guy that downloaded the grainy, leaked Con footage and analyzed it frame by frame. Even when the trailer hits, people will still complain, because they'll pull some of that footage from the Con which "we've already seen."

Yes, you and about 10,000 other people.... Out of millions.

Not defending the artistic quality of the poster, which I agree is underwhelming, but a little perspective would be a welcome addition around here.

[YT]NoI0eGH4RB0[/YT]

I'm not impressed with this poster at all, there was this big wait for nothing. It's like getting teased about the big gift at christmas, just to be a box of socks

...I think I figured out their motive.

1) Destroy all Hope.

2) Give them Crumbs

3) Lower Expectations

You know what that spells... DaHGtCLE ! The Kryptonian word for Paparazzi !

waiting for the mugshot:

NEMf3takiPRUPV_1_1.jpg

POLICE DEPT.
METROPOLIS USA

...this is the formula for creating a bigger buzz and have people lather over the final film no matter how good it is. :cwink:

Maybe they should just go to Colorado!

I'm praying the trailer has a similar vibe to the CC footage, the soundtrack for the CC trailer is giving me chills.

Why is the image so blurry?

It's an 'okay' image for promotion. Nothing spectacular there.

It's going to be hilariously caption worthy with the fans though.

I'm praying the trailer has a similar vibe to the CC footage, the soundtrack for the CC trailer is giving me chills.

I believe the soundtrack was Hans Zimmer from "Thin Red Line" if I'm not mistaken.

I see, the CGI suit Zod wears is to digitally insert a rabbit hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"