All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeh, I wasn't that impressed with the Star Trek trailer. It was pretty good for sure, but it felt kind of generic to me. Bright and shiny images in between that damn Transformers noise. And Cumberbatch seems like a weak villain to me. But I know that a slightly longer trailer is coming, however, I'm not expecting much different. So I am in no way worried about the MOS trailer being out-classed by it or anything. For one I expect the visuals to easily rival it and two, just throw in a nice dose of Shannon and you have a winner.

Eeeh, I wasn't that impressed with the Star Trek trailer. It was pretty good for sure, but it felt kind of generic to me. Bright and shiny images in between that damn Transformers noise. And Cumberbatch seems like a weak villain to me. But I know that a slightly longer trailer is coming, however, I'm not expecting much different. So I am in no way worried about the MOS trailer being out-classed by it or anything. For one I expect the visuals to easily rival it and two, just throw in a nice dose of Shannon and you have a winner.
Woah, totally disagree there. Cumberbatch should be awesome in this role. His voice over is what really makes the trailer, I think.

I do find it funny that whoever is doing the Star Trek marketing is using some cliched marketing ideas, though. The poster with Cumberbatch's back to the camera. And the BWAAAAHHHHH!!! noise in the trailer.

I guess Im not that easily impressed. Have to see more though, Im sure he'll be fine. But if they include enough of Shannon in the MOS trailer, I think the difference will be quite noticeable. Not that it's a competition or anything, but Shannon is a notch above as an actor in my book (and practically born for such roles).

I guess Im not that easily impressed. Have to see more though, Im sure he'll be fine. But if they include enough of Shannon in the MOS trailer, I think the difference will be quite noticeable. Not that it's a competition or anything, but Shannon is a notch above as an actor in my book (and practically born for such roles).
Cumberbatch is certainly in Shannon's league in terms of acting. I'd actually say he's a notch above, considering he has more range. Shannon does his one thing, and he does it very, very well.

Cumberbatch is certainly in Shannon's league in terms of acting. I'd actually say he's a notch above, considering he has more range. Shannon does his one thing, and he does it very, very well.

This proves to me that you haven't seen much of Shannon. He has incredible range and Cumberbatch hasn't really shown to be in his class just yet. I didn't think as highly of Shannon as I do now before checking out most of his work from recent years. He's one of the best character actors around these days - very different role to role. (maybe you are confused because he usually looks the same, lol) Im always amazed how he subtly transforms role to role and offers new things in each - and he does it in some pretty mediocre movies as well.

And he was robbed of an Oscar nod for Take Shelter.

I think it's more giving proper credit to Shannon than underselling Benedict. But perhaps I am. I've seen Chumberbatch in quite a few things and while he's very good, he never floored me with any performance. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who comes out on top in these particular roles. Zod or...whoever Chumberbatch is playing, LoL.:oldrazz:

Well, that's what sells. Who knows, MOS trailer might go all bayformers on us too.

ST looks good but they went all bayformerish on us. :csad:

It's a possibility that MOS might look the same as far as the action goes... I mean for me that's what I've been waiting on for a Superman movie. It just sucks that every movie since Transformers is doing it. (Big city catastrophe/demolishing scenes) I wish they just went for it back in 06. But I don't care bc I've wanted to see Supes in action like that since forever. Others may comment it might be generic by now and I admit it has lost it's shock value but I want that bayformerish Metropolis Zod robots (Earth one/Birthright) act. With more soul of course.

i'm really hoping that the man of steel trailer avoids "BRRRMMM" or anything similar. the star trek trailer suffered for me because it felt like a mix between inception, dark knight and transformers.

It's a possibility that MOS might look the same as far as the action goes...

Man of Steel's DOP did the last Transformers movie, so theres that.

Others may comment it might be generic by now and I admit it has lost it's shock value

With Superman, it has the potential to provide shock value and not be generic, due to the nature of the character and the arsenal of his powers.

Man of Steel's DOP did the last Transformers movie, so theres that.

With Superman, it has the potential to provide shock value and not be generic, due to the nature of the character and the arsenal of his powers.

That's true and that's what I'm folding my hands together for that they are potraying that "special" part of Superman without spoiling the Good stuff.

One way the MoS trailer could definitely top it is in the music stakes, don't get me wrong the Star Trek trailer is great, but the music is too generic to add much to the awesome visuals. Compare that to the huge emotional sweeps of MoS' Comic Con music, and the later ends up packing the bigger emotional punch. If something similiar is done for this new trailer, I can imagine even the most casual comic book fan to be swept up with it.

This is true. MoS can employ that weapon.
Top it off with some red eye'd angry god action and we'll be set.

They are only 3 years apart... the difference in inflation couldn't be that drastic.

I thought it was 5
half a decade.
just look at the increase within our last half decade.

Apologies if this is already posted, but via /Film, the Wall Street Journal talks with "Man of Steel" VFX supervisor Joe Letteri. No new footage, no new reveals.

[YT]ewoPJBUXfHg[/YT]

It's the exact length of the CC teaser (from company logos to the end logo cinematic). Not that it will be it of course. The first 35 seconds of the CC teaser was basically the same style as the teaser with TDKR so I bet that won't be included this time around.

I hope we get lots of new footage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"