All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone should add heat vision to the photo.

IF it's fake, its one of the best I've ever seen, I didn't even suspect it.

Personally though, I think its real, and is a promo shot another magazine like EW will use, this French mag just had the license to use the photos in their country, and pipped them to the post. I think those photos of the costume and Cavill from the old EW look similar to the new photo because, well - its the same guy, posing in the same way, wearing the same suit. Of course if you find the right photos it could look like its come from them. Something about the angle of Cavills face makes me think they're not the same photo of his face, just focus on his eyes and they look ever so slightly different. Plus he has a smirk in the Superman image. Why make your photoshopping job harder by giving him a new expression from the photo your'e using?

Of course I could be wrong, but I wont be surprised if we see more from that photo shoot soon. Albeit with slightly less radical contrast and colouring :p

Supermanhomepage is saying they contacted WB and they are saying it's "legit", although their definition of "legit" may be different than mine.

shpmos.jpg

It was legitimately commissioned but that doesn't stop it from being a composite image. It still pretty nice regardless.

It was legitimately commissioned but that doesn't stop it from being a composite image. It still pretty nice regardless.

Random, but your Avi is amazing. Great shot from that film.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because the mag cover still looks cool and gains interest. I saw it all over the web today.

What is that from? Because they used the exact same thing in Issue 1 of John Byrnes Man of Steel and as we know Superman wasn't Superboy in his continuity.

It's from clone saga Superboy. It's the issue where he gets the name Kon-El.

46132-5261-53500-1-superboy_super.jpg

Collider has a video interview with Joe Letteri. He talks about many projects. At one point he is asked about Man of Steel. He makes it sound as if Weta is mostly involved with the first portion of the movie. The interviewer throws out a number like the first 25%.

Am I the only 1 that's disappointed by this? I was hoping WETA would be the main effects house for this. Sounds like they could either be working on Krypton like the interviewer thinks, or possibly Clarks early exploits (tornado, oil rig).

I would assume ILM has the remaining? Or is it another house?

Am I the only 1 that's disappointed by this? I was hoping WETA would be the main effects house for this. Sounds like they could either be working on Krypton like the interviewer thinks, or possibly Clarks early exploits (tornado, oil rig).

I'd assume they'd be doing the Krypton stuff. Think about it: They do great CGI for real cheap. (District 9's budget was 13 million...yeah.) By having WETA do Krypton, which will be probably 90% CGI and very prominent (I assume), they get great results for far less than many other studios. The tornado and oil rig stuff, from what I've heard, sounds more green screen than anything. WETA isn't needed for that.

Saw this edit on eyesskyward-It gets rid of text AND livens the yellow.

kdr3pg001.jpg

I'm glad to hear that the cover was a composite manip. His neck looks abnormally long.

we're getting closer guys..to the new trailer.....I wonder what the chances are of some new stills being released this coming week?

Hello everyone. First post in these forums ever! Can't wait for this MOS trailer. I'm almost certain Zod will be in this trailer but I'm curious if anyone thinks Faora will be in it? It's not a necessity, but I think it would be cool. Kryptonan overload!

Hello everyone. First post in these forums ever! Can't wait for this MOS trailer. I'm almost certain Zod will be in this trailer but I'm curious if anyone thinks Faora will be in it? It's not a necessity, but I think it would be cool. Kryptonan overload!

Welcome to the Boards:yay:

I think there's a good chance; though I'm also hoping that we ma get our first glimpse of what the Mo-Cap men are going to look like when their necessary CGI look is applied to them.

Welcome to the boards!

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, IGN have done an opinion piece on the MoS handcuff poster.

'Yes, he could break those cuffs. But he won't, and that's the point'

It's a good read, and basically saying what we already know, but reading various comments around Facebook I couldn't believe the number of 'why doesn't he just break those cuffs, another ruined superhero film' etc. :doh: Which the article highlights as well.

Thanks Herolee10! I agree, at this point I do want to see more of what the finished product looks like, including Zods infamous battle suit. I have high expectations after all the advancements in mo-cap technology in the past decade. Also, me being new to the boards and totally clueless, how do I make/get myself an

Welcome to the boards!

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, IGN have done an opinion piece on the MoS handcuff poster.

'Yes, he could break those cuffs. But he won't, and that's the point'

It's a good read, and basically saying what we already know, but reading various comments around Facebook I couldn't believe the number of 'why doesn't he just break those cuffs, another ruined superhero film' etc. :doh: Which the article highlights as well.

People are stupid, particularly plurally.

Thanks Herolee10! I agree, at this point I do want to see more of what the finished product looks like, including Zods infamous battle suit. I have high expectations after all the advancements in mo-cap technology in the past decade. Also, me being new to the boards and totally clueless, how do I make/get myself an

You gotta earn that avatar...

It's from clone saga Superboy. It's the issue where he gets the name Kon-El.

46132-5261-53500-1-superboy_super.jpg

Ahh right thats pretty cool unfortunately I've never read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"