All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that shot of something falling from the sky in the background while someone, probably Clark, is fishing. I think that is the "Fortress" ship or probe where he uses his "key" to activate AI Jor-El. Jor-El tells him who he is and reassures him that it alright to be something more and that leads to Clark donning the Kryptonian garb and becoming Superman. Don't ask me why the ship or probe arrives so long after Clark though. I have no clue. lol

In regards to the motivation for going into exile,
I think it is the opposite of what you folks are thinking. Based on the old descriptions of Clark using his powers during the tornado, I wonder if Clark goes against what his father warned him and that somehow results in Clark blaming himself for Jonathan's death. Guilty over the harm that his abilities caused, Clark goes into exile, lost about what he should do with his life. In terms of story beats, that makes the most sense to me.

*The above is speculation, but I put it in spoiler tags since that seems to be the norm in this thread now for some reason.

Maybe

the explosion on Krypton knocks it off course or the ship isn't built aswell as the pod that Clark arrives in

I think just like in previous films, Jonathan Kent's death could be a cataclysmic factor in Clark's life.

However, in most previous incarnations, Jonathan died and Clark was often too late on the scene. He lamented that despite all his powers, he couldn't use them to save him.

It would be quite a different take if Jonathan dies here as a result of Clark not using his abilities. In effect, despite all his powers, it's the fact that he wouldn't use them which may lead to Jonathan's death indirectly......... perhaps something to do with the tornado.

There is a young Lana Lang in the film, why no adult Lana?

I think its misdirection!!!

My theory
I think Amy Adams is playing Lana Lang.
She will know about Clark's secret as a teen, and will recognise Superman as Clark when he dons the suit to save Earth against Zod. His confident. She may die.

The Daily planet will have a small role in the film, no doubt reporting on events.
Clark will only join the DP at the end, and thats when we will see his glasses and maybe the real Lois, set up for the next film

I think just like in previous films, Jonathan Kent's death could be a cataclysmic factor in Clark's life.

However, in most previous incarnations, Jonathan died and Clark was often too late on the scene. He lamented that despite all his powers, he couldn't use them to save him.

It would be quite a different take if Jonathan dies here as a result of Clark not using his abilities. In effect, despite all his powers, it's the fact that he wouldn't use them which may lead to Jonathan's death indirectly......... perhaps something to do with the tornado.

It would be bittersweetly ironic if Jonathan's "maybe" influenced Clark not to save him in fear of exposing himself.

My theory
She will know about Clark's secret as a teen, and will recognise Superman as Clark when he dons the suit to save Earth against Zod. His confident. She may die.

The Daily planet will have a small role in the film, no doubt reporting on events.
Clark will only join the DP at the end, and thats when we will see his glasses and maybe the real Lois, set up for the next film

Amy Adams is playing Lois Labe it's not a Miranda Tate situation here.

My theory

No. Stop.

My theory

I agree. The amount of screen time that she's going to have in an origin film, her being a red head and Clark being seen so often w/o glasses made me think the same thing.

It's getting ridiculous people making theory's like that. Lois Labe is a major character they're not just gonna turn round and have her be Lana Lang.

I was completely fine with her hair color. But now I wish they changed it so people would stop saying "she's more suited for Lana" or "she's actually secretly Lana and WB lied for no particular reason!"

It would be bittersweetly ironic if Jonathan's "maybe" influenced Clark not to save him in fear of exposing himself.

That's both what I think and want it to play out. It would be a nice twist on the classic "even with his great powers he couldn't save them/him" angle.

It would also be quite the dark and daring approach.

I was completely fine with her hair color. But now I wish they changed it so people would stop saying "she's more suited for Lana" or "she's actually secretly Lana and WB lied for no particular reason!"

Ironic thing is that young Lana is actually a brunette. :hehe:

I wonder how Lana will react to Clark's powers.

and, I hope an adult Lana plays a role in future films........

I know exactly what you mean, people just assume because this film was partly written by Chris Nolan it will involve some stupid twist.

Amy Adams is the one element of casting that I'm not entirely sold on... We'll see.

I'm pretty sure the girl looking at Clark after the bus rescue is Lana.

Really? I'm very confident she'll do the role justice she's a really talented actress.

Oh I love her... but she just doesn't feel like Lois to me. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as always, theres just something off about her at the minute.

while we are all debating Jonathan's motives in MOS, let's remember what Snyder said when Costner was 1st cast in the role.

“Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman,” said Snyder in a statement. “Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest super hero of all time.”

so, it seems ( and I hope so ) that there is more to Costner's Jonathan than just the "fearful, overprotective father."

People thought Hathaway would suck as Catwoman, and she did a great job.
Adams will do a fine job as Lois.

I well aware of that... It's just more of a personal feeling that i'm sure will be erased when I see her full performace.

Everyone seems perfectly cast in this film. Adams was the one person that just didn't feel right to me.

But hey, Snyder must have seen something.

Oh I love her... but she just doesn't feel like Lois to me. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as always, theres just something off about her at the minute.

Fair enough hope she manages to pull Lois off but I believe she will make the role her own.

I well aware of that... It's just more of a personal feeling that i'm sure will be erased when I see her full performace.

Everyone seems perfectly cast in this film. Adams was the one person that just didn't feel right to me.

But hey, Snyder must have seen something.

I did a double take when i heard Adams was cast as Lois. It just didn't seem right to me. The more i thought about it though, the more i liked it. Adams has a spunky side to her, but she can also be very emotional.

All i know is she's been great in most of the films she has been in, and i think she'll bring Lois's spunky side as well as new elements to the table.

hey....remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, people were like........say what??

I was one of them.............

and we all know how that turned out.

Adams seems off because she has a very feminine appearance. She has big, round blue eyes, a pale complexion and a round face. Combine that with her red hair and you get someone who looks more innocent than you would expect for the character.

Lois Lane, particularly in recent years, has always had a darker look with sharper, more masculine facial features. More of a femme fetale kind of look.

However, despite all this, Amy Adams has tackled characters that required her to work past her innocent appearance before, and has done so to critical acclaim.

Would I have preferred that they made more of an effort to change her appearance? Yes. But she has earned the right to the benefit of the doubt. In the end, I was happy when she was cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"