All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, it's not the best of color filters; but would you guys prefer this color filter over the yellowish brown one that was used for SR?

I'm really liking this picture a whole lot. Tried fixing the colors a bit more.

i8KA3.jpg
Fantastic.It also fixes Cavills skin color

DAMN YOU.:oldrazz:I was perfectly fine with Cavills hair and then you show me something BETTER now Im sad we didnt get this-Curse you.:oldrazz:

Yeah. I don't know why everyone is so against normal cloth these days. Don't get me started on Batman's suits...
The challenge is to make these characters look exceptional and unique. And a plain fabric leotard is something anyone can pick up at the local dance/yoga supply store. :cwink:

Well, let's look at the partial bright side, at least when it's released on DVD and Blu-Ray, for those of us that have flat screen television or have it as a file on our laptops, we'll be able to tinker with the colors.lol

jis hair looks fine as is and cloth does look like crap for a superhero costume....come on folks

jis hair looks fine as is and cloth does look like crap for a superhero costume....come on folks

His hair is fine, but that manip looks better IMO LOL. Also, plain spandex cloth is crap. Textured fabric worsk better for superheroes nowadays. However, I do want to see Batman in a textured fabric suit with the muscle padding under as opposed to on top or less on top for the reboot/JL movie.

I've searched the web so much to find a cosplay or fan inspired Batman cowl and cape made out of cloth that would work on film. I haven't even seen anyone take the rubber cowl and cover it with a textured cloth. I think that would be really cool, but make it so that the neck part is just cloth and not rubber, though it could resemble a feaux neck so that the wearer could turn his neck.

Anywho, textured fabric looks better. The spider-man, and daredevil suits looked better and so does the MoS suit IMO.

I don't get the complaints about the MOS suit. In my opinion, it's the best Superman costume we've EVER had. The only reason the Reeve suit worked is because Reeve looked so damn much like Superman that he sold it. Anyone else in that costume (or a similar one) looks ridiculous (see: Dean Cain and whoever those Superboy actors were).

I love the MOS suit, and I do think it's the best Superman suit. I just don't like the muted and desaturation of the colors.

I think people need to chill. Sure the suit is very desaturated in the picture, but looking at the trailer, it seems like lighting and the contrast of the suit's colors will not be an issue.

Unfortunately, that would require a different hair line and different hair type... or a wig.
Not really no. He has a natural widows peak just like Welling does, in fact their hair lines are extremely similar, yet they managed to make it look pretty damn good on Welling with the classic looking hairstyle of being parted on the left. Same could be done for Cavill.
And there's nothing wrong with Cavills hair type, just a really bad decision from Snyder on the hair style.

This is Wellings original hairline:
Welling_hair3.jpg

And this is what happens when they put in some effort to make it Superman-ish.
Welling_hair.png
welling_hair_2.png

People, hairline is certainly not the problem here, in any way, just a bad choice from Snyder.

Not really no. He has a natural widows peak just like Welling does, in fact their hair lines are extremely similar, yet they managed to make it look pretty damn good on Welling with the classic looking hairstyle of being parted on the left. Same could be done for Cavill.
And there's nothing wrong with Cavills hair type, just a really bad decision from Snyder on the hair style.

This is Wellings original hairline:
Welling_hair3.jpg

And this is what happens when they put in some effort to make it Superman-ish.
Welling_hair.png
welling_hair_2.png

People, hairline is certainly not the problem here, in any way, just a bad choice from Snyder.

I would disagree. Cavill's hairline is more receding on the right side due to the fact that he parts it from right to left. To achieve the hairstyle you presented, he would need a lower hairline on that side.

Also, due the wavy nature of his hair, he most likely parts his hair right to left because that is how it naturally flows. Welling is not a good example because he has straight hair.

My hair and hairline is actually very similar to Cavill's except his is curlier (e.g. probably harder to control) so I live with this every day. If I ever try to part it in the other direction, it flops in front of my forehead like a little boy.

I would disagree. Cavill's hairline is more receding on the right side due to the fact that he parts it from right to left. To achieve the hairstyle you presented, he would need a lower hairline on that side.

Also, due the wavy nature of his hair, he most likely parts his hair right to left because that is how it naturally flows. Welling is not a good example because he has straight hair.

My hair and hairline is actually very similar to Cavill's except his is curlier (e.g. probably harder to control) so I live with this every day. If I ever try to part it in the other direction, it flops in front of my forehead like a little boy.
Wavy hair can straightened, this is a big budget movie after all. And just take a good look at the Welling pictures, it's not like it goes from the edge of the right side to the left, it just goes barely from the center and from the right, leaving more hair to be combed to the left and hiding the lack of hair on his right as you say.
Welling IMO is a VERY good example because his hairline is almost the exact same as Cavill's and yet they manage to make it look really good.

Honest to God I can not understand this decision they made about his hair, I would've even preferred the hair from the first picture released, this just straight up bothers me.

Back to the good (dreaded) old hair debate I see. Oh bother.

Last edited:
Back to the good (dreaded) old hair debate I see. Oh bother.
Hair length, direction its parted or if its slicked back are massive factors in a movie's success. Look at Daniel Craig - that blonde hair was going to ruin everything. :funny:

I thought the suit saturation looked fine in the trailer. It did have a darker hue but you could make out the iconic colours. Slick is the word I think.

Wavy hair can straightened, this is a big budget movie after all. And just take a good look at the Welling pictures, it's not like it goes from the edge of the right side to the left, it just goes barely from the center and from the right, leaving more hair to be combed to the left and hiding the lack of hair on his right as you say.
Welling IMO is a VERY good example because his hairline is almost the exact same as Cavill's and yet they manage to make it look really good.

Honest to God I can not understand this decision they made about his hair, I would've even preferred the hair from the first picture released, this just straight up bothers me.

Superman has wavy hair so there is no need to straighten it.

As for Welling, I would say their hairlines are different for reasons I already mentioned but that is just splitting hairs at this point (yeah, I said it.) The point is that their hair is frankly different in terms of quality.

It's not as simple as you put it because you are fighting with genetics. As I said before, you're only really option is a wig.

There was a hair debate?! Stop.
I know right. :wow:

Hair length, direction its parted or if its slicked back are massive factors in a movie's success. Look at Daniel Craig - that blonde hair was going to ruin everything. :funny:

I thought the suit saturation looked fine in the trailer. It did have a darker hue but you could make out the iconic colours. Slick is the word I think.
Clearly. :cool:

Yeah, I'm done with it at this point.
It should have never begun.

To their defense, hair and make-up department is part of the filmmaking process.

To their defense, hair and make-up department is part of the filmmaking process.
Which is fine but the length of these debates have been completely ridiculous.

Having this pop up again after pages and pages of "hair" debates is just quite frankly annoying.

Superman has wavy hair so there is no need to straighten it.

As for Welling, I would say their hairlines are different for reasons I already mentioned but that is just splitting hairs at this point (yeah, I said it.) The point is that their hair is frankly different in terms of quality.

It's not as simple as you put it because you are fighting with genetics. As I said before, you're only really option is a wig.
LOL
icon10.gif
icon14.gif

Then put a wig on the dude lol.
I do have to agree with with the genetics angle though.
Maybe Cavills hair isn't as thick as Welling's is, and based on his Clark hair I guess they didn't even bother to even straighten it, but I still think it's doable, perhaps it wouldn't look absolutely fantastic, but it would be better than the helmet hair we seem to be getting.
Good God I can not state how I dislike that hair, and it can even be parted on the right, just at least give it better form so it doesn't look so Weird, at least to me it looks weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"