All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is fine but the length of these debates have been completely ridiculous.

Having this pop up again after pages and pages of "hair" debates is just quite frankly annoying.

Wait, there was a hair debate? I mean beyond the first official pic?

And dude, we're pretty much done here with the hair debate, and even if we weren't I fail to see the problem in continuing to do so, I mean it was a pretty civil conversation and by no means were any insults thrown at anybody.
Supermans hair has always been a topic of discussion, I don't get what's so annoying in talking about it.

Wait, there was a hair debate? I mean beyond the first official pic?

And dude, we're pretty much done here with the hair debate, and even if we weren't I fail to see the problem in continuing to do so, I mean it was a pretty civil conversation and by no means were any insults thrown at anybody.
Supermans hair has always been a topic of discussion, I don't get what's so annoying in talking about it.
Keep going I won't stop you. It's just something that has been talked to death about and it's not even something interesting enough to have pages of back and forth.

But hey I won't dictate what you want to write about but I have every right to show my complete distaste for something so inconsequential as a conversation on how detrimental someone's hairline is.

Last edited:
I don't get the complaints about the MOS suit. In my opinion, it's the best Superman costume we've EVER had. The only reason the Reeve suit worked is because Reeve looked so damn much like Superman that he sold it. Anyone else in that costume (or a similar one) looks ridiculous (see: Dean Cain and whoever those Superboy actors were).

Which is ironic since Snyder said that Cavil had to wear the Reeve Costume when he had auditioned and apparently it worked for him as well.

Keep going I won't stop you. It's just something that has been talked to death about and it's not even something interesting enough to have pages of back and forth.

But hey I won't dictate what you want to write about but I have every right to show my completely distaste for something so inconsequential as a conversation of how detrimental someone's hairline is.
Ok, I completely understand you. But you see, I wasn't around here much during those hair discussions, so I honestly don't know how far it went.
I can understand that you don't like these discussions, it's probably the first time I even brought it up because this new picture just highlights how bad it really looks, at least TO ME.
Others seem to be just fine with it, and that's good for them I guess.

Ok, I completely understand you. But you see, I wasn't around here much during those hair discussions, so I honestly don't know how far it went.
I can understand that you don't like these discussions, it's probably the first time I even brought it up because this new picture just highlights how bad it really looks, at least TO ME.
Others seem to be just fine with it, and that's good for them I guess.

Mike I agree with you lol. His style of hair choice is annoying to me as well. I wished they had used the style in your manip or used a wig. His hairline isn't that much of an issue, as the hair style could have fixed that.

I didn't like the fact that Welling had this eternal highschool boy Donnie Osmond hair style throughout the series, but at least they knew how to style his hair for his age in portraying a highschool kid when he was in his 20s-30s.

Anywho, I agree with you and like the manip. Did you use someone else's hair and paste it onto the MoS photo or did you use a tool and draw/fill the hair in?

Oh and IMO this convo isn't any more silly than speculating on suit colors of a picture that is clearly not highligted and shaded on purpose. In the trailer and from other photos it is clear that the colors though muted are visible and bold when lit or in other parts of the film.

Everything having to do with this film is fair game IMO.

Mike I agree with you lol. His style of hair choice is annoying to me as well. I wished they had used the style in your manip or used a wig. His hairline isn't that much of an issue, as the hair style could have fixed that.

I didn't like the fact that Welling had this eternal highschool boy Donnie Osmond hair style throughout the series, but at least they knew how to style his hair for his age in portraying a highschool kid when he was in his 20s-30s.

Anywho, I agree with you and like the manip. Did you use someone else's hair and paste it onto the MoS photo or did you use a tool and draw/fill the hair in?

Oh and IMO this convo isn't any more silly than speculating on suit colors of a picture that is clearly not highligted and shaded on purpose. In the trailer and from other photos it is clear that the colors though muted are visible and bold when lit or in other parts of the film.

Everything having to do with this film is fair game IMO.

Guess I'm not the only one LOL.
The longer high school hair had a youthful effect on Welling so that's probably why they went with that hairstyle for most of the series.
I drew the hair on real quick, I just didn't want to spend a lot of time on it. And I wanted to see what Cavill would look like with the actual Superman hair, far better if you as me.

As for how silly this might sound to others, I can assure you I do not care much at all about that. After all the conversations about briefs, boots. capes, neckline, shield and every other thing that's been discussed to death for years and years from even way before Superman Returns came out, I think most people can handle a few posts from me about this new hairstyle without me feeling like I've crossed the line, LOL.

Last edited:
Something tells me that no matter what, for every new picture we get of Cavil as Superman/Clark, his hair will always be brought up....never would I have imagined that both his and Amy's hair would constantly be a source of topic for some people.

I don't think there's anything wrong commenting about Cavill's hair in the newly released photo. We comment about all sorts of things that may seem inconsequential all the time.

As for the hair. It only seems to be an issue when he's Superman. Look at the various hairstyles they have given to him as Clark. Whether it's the photo of Cavill inside the FOS or rescuing the little girl from the tornado or riding the bike around Metropolis. His hairline was never an issue. It's only noticable when they give him the Superman hairstyle.

Despite that, I think he looks good.

And people are demanding a full body image? We all know the part of the suit people are gonna be pointing out when that happens :p

If the movie is good then you're not going to spend time thinking about how Cavill's hair is parted or the shade of blue Superman's costume is. If it's good than you'll be involved in the movie and not thinking about these things.

If the movie is good then you're not going to spend time thinking about how Cavill's hair is parted or the shade of blue Superman's costume is. If it's good than you'll be involved in the movie and not thinking about these things.
It should be pointed out that this is the ultimate truth, as long as the movie is good, these little annoyances will easily be overlooked.

I don't get the complaints about the MOS suit. In my opinion, it's the best Superman costume we've EVER had. The only reason the Reeve suit worked is because Reeve looked so damn much like Superman that he sold it. Anyone else in that costume (or a similar one) looks ridiculous (see: Dean Cain and whoever those Superboy actors were).

Another and just as big of a reason that the Reeve costume works for many is because of the context, approach and tone of the movie and the world that it presented.

Reeve's suit would look awfully out of place and silly in the more stark and naturalistic MOS and Cavill's would look just as jarring in the dreamlike/nostalgic Donnerverse.

I'm sure Cavill would look great in Reeve's Superman suit in the right context and vice versa.

Context is the key here (not saying that you have to like the suits even in context though, or that other versions/designs wouldn't be able to work too)

And one also has to take in consideration the changing of the times, Superman and even filmmaking itself.

Last edited:
maybe the first 5 or so times, but eventually you're going to start noticing ****, little **** that pisses you off.

maybe the first 5 or so times, but eventually you're going to start noticing ****, little **** that pisses you off.
L-O-L.
icon10.gif
That was really funny, because it's true. After a while when we've seen the movie a good number of times, we start to notice ****, and that's when we visit the Hype lol.

Whatever the debate is about Cavill's hair or costume, I think he has a great Superman look. His face is strong with all the features you could want in Superman. And I think the top half of him looks pretty big in this new photo. So I'm pretty postive.

Now if the movie stinks than yes I'll find a billion things to complain about.

L-O-L.
icon10.gif
That was really funny, because it's true. After a while when we've seen the movie a good number of times, we start to notice ****, and that's when we visit the Hype lol.
and really, why else would we visit? who wants to take part in or read a conversation where everyone is content? it's ****ing boring.

Facially he looks tremendously a lot like superman, strong bone structure and very comic-book like. Really a terrific choice for Superman.

Last edited:

Speak for yourself nitpicker! :woot: ;)

I personally don't care for the hair discussion but this is a forum and people should be able to speak on whatever they will with the exception of some things the mods prohibit.

I've never had long hair but now that it's been pointed out to me, I've noticed the many styling choices available to people with hair this length. I tend to agree with Mike on this. Snyder is making the choice to give Cavil this look. Snyder is a pretty on point with his visual's so I'm assuming he knows what he's doing.

Perhaps they want him to look seasoned when in costume to show a progression from boy to man, perhaps they also want him to look drastically different from his Clark Kent alter ego.

Cavil's natural hair line.
henry-cavill-420-2-420x0.jpg

the hair style not so pushed
henry-cavill-man-of-steel-superman.jpg

and of course the newly released photo.
Ai68X.jpg

Like someone said, Craig looks great as bond and he has a much more extreme case of the male pattern. It's really no big deal but what I'm really looking forward to is seeing whey the decision was made. Hopefully I'm right.
Besides, this isn't all that much more present than that dew on Evan's head in Avengers.

Though I think it should be Kent with the slick hair and Superman with the messy(just in case doomsday shows up).

Junkie XL tweeted the next 5 weeks or orchestra recording, mixing, mixing, mixing...Man of Steel.

I was thinking something like this. Just a quick something, no time to perfect it. Amazing what a slight change of hair can do.
Cavill_hair.png
This makes him look 3-5 years younger -- going from a manly look to a more boyish look. Also, I don't think Cavill's hair can really do that. It's very wavy. Not everyone can have Tom Cruise's hair.

Last edited:
Looks like it's after he touches hands with Lois. The military is still just standing behind Superman too.

Pretty sure they're all waiting for Zod or one of his underlings. One of the battles takes place here I think.
This is where he's handed over to Zod. I don't think a battle ensues here. I think Superman ends up going willingly and later breaks out of his imprisonment.

This is where he's handed over to Zod. I don't think a battle ensues here. I think Superman ends up going willingly and later breaks out of his imprisonment.

Yep, I think so too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back