All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo%20Jan%2010,%203%2018%2041%20PM.png

Why is Superman so pale? He sparkles like a Twilight vampire.

Yeah he's very pale. I don't get why they feel that's a good look. All the behind the scenes pics shows him with more flesh tone. Maybe he's so pale in this scene and the one with him and Lois outside is because his Sick.. Dying even who knows. The color of the suit looks great here tho. :csad:

So; in light of Goyer's comments on how Superman is presented as a unabashed hero in the film, would that still fit with the character's description if he only dons the suit as a result of Zod's arrival?

So; in light of Goyer's comments on how Superman is presented as a unabashed hero in the film, would that still fit with the character's description if he only dons the suit as a result of Zod's arrival?

Before Zod's arrival, he was still a hero...only without a costume.

I think the colurs in theis pic look TERRIBLE.Im aware that the colours are closer to the comic book but godammit it looks bad.I VASTLY prefer the colors in the trailer not this cartoony rubbish

Yes.If Clark has been a hero albeit in secret before Zods arrival.Donning the suit is Clark simply going public and so i dont mind.
What I mind is if the invasion is what makes him a hero in the first place

Before Zod's arrival, he was still a hero...only without a costume.

I think the colurs in theis pic look TERRIBLE.Im aware that the colours are closer to the comic book but godammit it looks bad.I VASTLY prefer the colors in the trailer not this cartoony rubbish

Yes.If Clark has been a hero albeit in secret before Zods arrival.Donning the suit is Clark simply going public and so i dont mind.

Indeed; I mean, we know that he saves a school bus, some folks during a tornado, and oil rig workers from a fire before the costume.

I just meant on whether he's portrayed where he's more like the type who just happens to save people if he comes across the incident or whether he's more proactive (sans the suit) in looking for trouble to help solve it.

Indeed; I mean, we know that he saves a school bus, some folks during a tornado, and oil rig workers from a fire before the costume.

I just meant on whether he's portrayed where he's more like the type who just happens to save people if he comes across the incident or whether he's more proactive (sans the suit) in looking for trouble to help solve it.

I think Goyer may have found a way to address this aspect.

Till the fire at oil rig incident, he may not be having his powers fully developed, for example no flight (I am assuming this.).

So, he will be proactive, looking to help in a limited way but still like a hero.

I much prefer Proactive.Theres nothing very heroic about superman being Reactive just makes him a decent human being.

Someone's gonna step in that cape.

So, basically WB si showing, in every magazine they decided to put something MOS related, always the same things..The handcuffed still on the poster, and now this still from EW that's quite similar..That's because till now those magazines weren't supposed to be fully dedicated and exclusive on MOS..They're keeping the good and fresh things for their big reveal, I think on Empire Magazine..Maybe with two covers, as TDKR and Star Trek 2 had..

They're definitely not overdoing it, which I like. Shows a certain confidence IMO, but at some point they're gonna have to show the goodies, but I reckon that'll happen soon enough. Or rather a month or two before the release.

They're definitely not overdoing it, which I like. Shows a certain confidence IMO, but at some point they're gonna have to show the goodies, but I reckon that'll happen soon enough. Or rather a month or two before the release.
They can't wait that much..this is not TDKR that had BB and TDK, or Harry Potter 67..They have nothing..People doesn't even know that there's a Superman movie coming out this summer..Plus, they have to build up the hype, showing that this is not related to Returns at all..And prove that Superman is not a boring character to bring on the big screen..

love handcuffed shot Henry really gives off a strong screen presence

They can't wait that much..this is not TDKR that had BB and TDK, or Harry Potter 67..They have nothing..People doesn't even know that there's a Superman movie coming out this summer..Plus, they have to build up the hype, showing that this is not related to Returns at all..And prove that Superman is not a boring character to bring on the big screen..

Well, of course they know. The response to the trailer proves that. People might forget over time, but we got more trailer-action coming as well as tv-spots in the weeks and days up to the release. And of course, scattered pics and articles.

People will know enough. And once the movie is out people will spread the word even more.

I thought it was. It's not really a plot point you're hiding. It's not as if we're going to discover that Zod sees dead people. It was an odd move.
My opinion, but I think he wanted to avoid comparisons to SII, but I could be wrong. I don't doubt it took some doing to convince wb to have zod as the villain.

BTW, wonder when we'll start seeing the teaser on TV?

Last edited:
Good question. Anyone know if they are running a Super Bowl spot? I hope they do, even if it is kind of a waste of money.

Agreed. The colors in the new pic remind me too much of Dean Cain's Superman suit. And it just looks too garish and shiny. Snyder darkening the suit in post is a good call.

If Clark is to don the suit after Zod's arrival it will be because he is trying to appeal to Zod by showing his own Kryptonian heritage. But then he will be fighting and the suit will be a symbol for the people of Earth, so they know who is fighting on their side. No doubt when he makes some big saves of citizens they'll start to recognize his colors as hope.

This is WAY off topic, but I just found out why many of you guys don't take the Man of Steel Fanpage on Facebook seriously. I tweeted the "new" pic to them yesterday and I had said that the suit looked gorgeous in that shot. So they reply back with saying that it certainly does and asked what site I got it from. I then told them that I just copied the image URL from SHH. Next tweet I said that there was a small article on MOS in the newest issue of SFX and maybe it was from there, but wasn't positive. Their next tweet says "it is from the trailer. But yes, good light shows the suit off well." I then said "Well duh, I know it's from the trailer, but it's just a new official pic." Their next tweet, 14 hours later, says "we have been very tolerant of your rude demeanor. It s time to stop." Then proceeded to block me. You would think that I just send them hateful tweets all the time (which I don't.....why would I). I sent them another tweet saying "No wonder many people don't take them seriously". What a bunch of overly sensitive idiots over there!

This is WAY off topic, but I just found out why many of you guys don't take the Man of Steel Fanpage on Facebook seriously. I tweeted the "new" pic to them yesterday and I had said that the suit looked gorgeous in that shot. So they reply back with saying that it certainly does and asked what site I got it from. I then told them that I just copied the image URL from SHH. Next tweet I said that there was a small article on MOS in the newest issue of SFX and maybe it was from there, but wasn't positive. Their next tweet says "it is from the trailer. But yes, good light shows the suit off well." I then said "Well duh, I know it's from the trailer, but it's just a new official pic." Their next tweet, 14 hours later, says "we have been very tolerant of your rude demeanor. It s time to stop." Then proceeded to block me. You would think that I just send them hateful tweets all the time (which I don't.....why would I). I sent them another tweet saying "No wonder many people don't take them seriously". What a bunch of overly sensitive idiots over there!
LOL i saw that on my feed last night. Just unfollowed them.

Good question. Anyone know if they are running a Super Bowl spot? I hope they do, even if it is kind of a waste of money.

When over half of the population of the US watched the last Superbowl with 163 million viewers, I wouldn't call that a waste of money and honestly WB would be stupid if they didn't do a Superbowl spot.

That could be a pretty good week for MOS stuff because the Superbowl is on Sunday, February 3rd and then the New York Toy Fair kicks off the following weekend with Mattel, Sideshow/Hot Toys, DC Collectibles, Square Enix etc all attending and each have the MOS license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"