All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? That's what he is saying it will be a part of the JL project, not apart from as in separate.

well since he typed the word "apart", if you look at its definition on any given dictionary, it means that MOS won't be within the world that the JLA is creating.

Man of Steel and Justice League will connect to each other is what he means.

Junkie_XL accidentally "leaked" a little glimpse of a scene in one of the photos.. Look

2ntwnco.png

Snyder is using a lot of inclinated camera planes.. Similar to Michael Bay in Transformers.. it is a good style though

Amir Mokri is Snyders cinematographer on this. He was the cinematographer for the Transformer films. Great choice by Zack.

Nothing really new, although they mentioned that MoS's world will be apart of the JL project.
Too many sources are saying this now and WB isn't retracting any of it, so I guess we just have to accept it as truth.

I guess the only thing I/we can hope for is that everything works out. The only mystery is whether there will be a new Batman.

Zack Snyder 1 year ago:

“It doesn’t. Like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I’m doing with Superman, what they’ll do with Justice League will be it’s own thing with it’s own Batman and […] Superman. We’ll be over here with our movie and they’ll kind of get to do it twice which is kind of cool.”

So what changed in the last 12 months... ??... hmm oh that's right: The Avengers came out.

I'd like to think that this whole entire re-positioning had nothing to do with greed by the higher ups at WB. But why do I not.

Man of Steel and Justice League will connect to each other is what he means.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but how are we sure again that meant that it will connect as opposed to it not?:csad:

Sorry for the confusion. I sorta misread it and what Snyder actually meant was that all he knows is that there's a Man of Steel movie and Supes is in it. Here's the paragraph that says it.

S9K2N.png

Okay, let's say they do an after scene credit, which I doubt, which superhero would you like to see introduced first to Superman?

If your first choice is Batman then what's your second choice?

A bright object illuminates the night sky over Metropolis as it plummets towards ground. Superman pierces through the clouds to intercept. He catches the object in his arms. It's a man. Beaten and bloodied, pulsating with an otherworldly GREEN glow.

SUPERMAN
(wary)
Who are you? Where did you come from?

GREEN LANTERN/HAL JORDAN
(strained)
...Green Lantern...Sector...2814
...Apokolips...is...coming...​

A bright object illuminates the night sky over Metropolis as it plummets towards ground. Superman pierces through the clouds to intercept. He catches the object in his arms. It's a man. Beaten and bloodied, pulsating with an otherworldly GREEN glow.

SUPERMAN
(wary)
Who are you? Where did you come from?

GREEN LANTERN/HAL JORDAN
(strained)
...Green Lantern...Sector...2814
...Apokolips...is...coming...​

Yeah uh forget Batman, this would be fantastic IMO. I mean it sounds fantastic.

Boy, you guys missed the point entirely. Simply being a good movie isn't the only variable in the formula. You can have bad products that make money and good products that don't, of course. But you don't go setting out to make a bad movie if you want to make money. Some products do sell themselves, regardless of quality. And for movies like Dredd, well, no one really gives a crap about Dredd, even if it is a good movie. It's just a terrible idea for a movie from the get go, no matter how good the movie itself is.

Then next time phrase it like this instead of just "Good movies make money". And even then I can't agree, 'cause there is no obectively good move (or bad). So, allow me to completely disagree with your presenting the Hobbit as a brilliant movie.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion. I sorta misread it and what Snyder actually meant was that all he knows is that there's a Man of Steel movie and Supes is in it. Here's the paragraph that says it.

S9K2N.png

So with that, they still plan on trying to release a JLA film by 2015; man, unless they get a director soon...I don't see how that project is going to come about.

Who would have thought that the existence of a JLA film could end up being such a potential disaster for Superman's own franchise.

"DCs icon-mashing retort to The Avengers".

Great, just the sort of marketing we need (for the MOS-universe). I can just imagine the GAs reaction to JL being made. "DC copies Marvel" and yada-yada. Great. :whatever:

JL's gonna be a clusterf*** of a movie.

Yeah uh forget Batman, this would be fantastic IMO. I mean it sounds fantastic.

Thanks, man. Yeah, it doesn't have to be Batman.

"DCs icon-mashing retort to The Avengers".

Great, just the sort of marketing we need (for the MOS-universe). I can just imagine the GAs reaction to JL being made. "DC copies Marvel" and yada-yada. Great. :whatever:

They'll be there opening night same as everyone else.:oldrazz:

They'll be there opening night same as everyone else.:oldrazz:

Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm just speaking of DCs great image they display of themselves.

Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm just speaking of DCs great image they display of themselves.

Let's hope the quality of DC's movies shine through all that ********.

JL's gonna be a clusterf*** of a movie.
How can you say that about a movie that's still months away from filming, IF they film this year. I mean, nothing is set in stone. We have absolutely no idea what they are going to do with JL. We only have rumors.

Let's hope the quality of DC's movies shine through all that ********.

I'm pretty sure a JL-movie would top Avengers. Doesnt take much in my book. But I'm more concerned about MOS's image being tainted by something still half-assed. But let's see what happens...

How can you say that about a movie that's still months away from filming, IF they film this year. I mean, nothing is set in stone. We have absolutely no idea what they are going to do with JL. We only have rumors.

I see intentions and I see rushing. If I end up liking what I'll be hearing and seeing I'll be the first to admit, but as of now, it looks like they have no idea what they're doing.

We know that it's a commissioned and directionless picture that WB is now desperate to make because of the success of The Avengers. It's being made for all the wrong reasons.

Soulless is the word I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back