All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I was unaware of that. It still doesn't have to be the first time he learns about Krypton though. Those questions of "Who am I?" and "Where do I come from?" are probably going to be major themes throughout the entire movie. They should be, at least.

2. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

If one of these leaked spoilers gave us something more specific then it would be more believable. Imagine being back in 1978 and months before the movie came out someone leaked that Lois was going to die in an earthquake and Superman is going to fly around the world and spin it back in time.

3. DarkKnight FTW

DarkKnight FTW Lantern Honor Guard

if you've seen the comiccon trailer, I believe it's the Jor-el hologram when
    Jor-el opens his coat revealing the :super:

4. Zionite1

Zionite1 Well-Known Member

If he already knows about Krypyon he wouldnt be asking those question.He would know he is Kalel of Krypton/The fact he does ask those questions means he doesnt know anything till the fotress.

You should watch the commicon footgae. Its all over youtube now

5. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

it is one outfit. he has his blue suit under a robe and on top of the robe he wears a chest plate of armor with the shoulder guards which he most like pulls on over his head. i noticed it was a seperate piece the first time i saw the photos. also in some unrelated idea...i have been toying with the idea that what if the wrist guantlets make Clark fly? i think it makes sense seing that the dust particles and snow and rocks start to swirl around his fist and you dont really see it lifting anywhere else....just an idea

6. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

In terms of the spoiler/non-spoiler debate, it's just we've been speculating what could or might happen for years and then less than 6 months to release, details that could be true are floating around.

It's just gonna be people speculating about stuff in the non-spoilers thread that could or won't be true, and people discussing stuff in the spoilers thread that people have posted saying that are true, but really only could or won't be true.

In the end it's not the details and dot points that make a film for me. It's the execution of it. The storytelling. The acting. That's only what Snyder and Cavill can bring by watching the film. I don't think I can be really spoiled of anything here.

7. Greeneyes

Greeneyes The World Isn't Ready

That's what I'm worried about too,I don't mind spoilers or pics but not about the story or how it might end,we could do with knowing if the rumors are true or not,then at least I can decide whether to use the spoiler free forum or not.

Sorry for being a :waa: guys

8. Greeneyes

Greeneyes The World Isn't Ready

Well for me,reading the 2nd trailer description before seeing it definitely took something away from it.

9. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Cheers, will do that now :)

10. SuperWig

SuperWig Well-Known Member

From I09.COM

Man of Steel

Here's an interesting excerpt from a report on costume designer Michael Wilkerson's recent appearance at the 5D | FLUX conference. The passage is meant to explain the mythology of why Superman's costume features the big S-shield:
    Wilkinson explained that since they created a "neo-medieval" back story for Krypton (which included the creation of a new language), it made sense to utilize the suit design as part of the mythology. "Everyone on Krypton wears this suit," he suggested. Using ZBrush and rapid prototyping, Wilkinson came up the blue/gray color and chainmail look. "It has function and purpose and a logic to this fantastical world," he added.

11. Zorex

Zorex I'm 100% 50/50

That's nothing new, unfortunately.

12. X Knight

X Knight Hope

I'll admit, I'll be kind of bummed if all that info turns out to NOT be true........

13. G.Godfrey

G.Godfrey Well-Known Member

We already knew most of the info from the leaked toy commercials and the concept art description from a while back, and most of the spoilery new info can be disproved by way of set photos/reports and the leaked call sheet so, yeah. :oldrazz:

14. sup101

sup101 Well-Known Member

It's a win win situation for me atlease.It sound epic and if it's tru awesome, I can't wait to see it.If it's fake that mean we really didn't get spoiled at all and they'll surely be surprises.Yea it really will suck if what we get in the movie is not as good as the description.Spoilers can be dangerous lol.

15. DarkKnight FTW

DarkKnight FTW Lantern Honor Guard

C2E2 will probably have the most MOS info and debut the final Trailer.

[​IMG]

16. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

Do companies always announce they will have a tv spot at the superbowl beforehand or will we not know until Feb 3 if MOS got one?

17. X Knight

X Knight Hope

do we know for sure that the new info can be disproved by the set photos, etc.?

we don't really know..........things can change.

18. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

I seriously hope the costume isn't tied to Supermans flying. That would be pretty lame.

Yes. Studios usually announce whether or not they'll have spots during the Super Bowl.

19. SuperWig

SuperWig Well-Known Member

This will be hard to explain. I do think the part in the trailer where the beam is hitting metropolis and all of the cars and debris are going towards the sky is black zero. In the toy commercial you can see black zero having 3 legs to stand on. If you watch the trailer really close, you can see what looks to be a leg coming down from the sky on the left of the screen

20. Dr.

Dr. Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of the spoiler description is at least consistent with stuff we know. (Doesn’t mean the description is right. But, as they say, the best lies are embedded in truth. :cwink:) For instance, will MOS feature kryptonite? Well, months back we saw a photo of a prop newspaper article (by LL) about “black meteorites” causing illness. So one could legitimately predict/guess/speculate about kryptonite based on what is (within the spoiler forum) a relatively old clue.

21. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

I really hope they don't speak english on Krypton, I hate that in films where english is in every country at any year or in space.

True Blood portrays many different languages through ages very well...

22. ConnorKon-El

ConnorKon-El Amateur Film Nerd

YB said its completely subtitled.

23. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

That's awesome! I was worried about this too.

I'm really hoping that this turns into "The Dark Knight" for Superman fans.

24. X Knight

X Knight Hope

yeah.....that would be such a HUGE LET DOWN if that is true.....:csad:

25. ThePowerCosmic

Who is YB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.