All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it is pretty much guaranteed that we will see superman throw a punch this time around. bout time!

A rating already? With over 4 months to go? Im not too familiar with all the processes of the rating system so perhaps someone can shed some light on this. Does this mean that there is a final cut of the movie already? Doesn't make much sense to have something rated only to have another cut rated down the road. Or is this so that they can determine how far they can go with violence? But again they should know that already so...yeah. I didn't expect a rating until at least April so I'm a bit surprised.

I'm gonna make a guess that with the whole 'Escape from Black Zero' Lois is going to have a pretty instrumental role in freeing Superman from those skeletons or whatever. Didn't Amy reveal that she does wield some 'sort of laser'? Perhaps she gets a hold of some Kryptonian lance/gun weapon inside the ship and goes all Ellen Ripley in there and gets Supes out.
like it. lois getting a more important role than just a pathetic grumpy girl waiting to be saved.

A rating already? With over 4 months to go? Im not too familiar with all the processes of the rating system so perhaps someone can shed some light on this. Does this mean that there is a final cut of the movie already? Doesn't make much sense to have something rated only to have another cut rated down the road. Or is this so that they can determine how far they can go with violence? But again they should know that already so...yeah. I didn't expect a rating until at least April so I'm a bit surprised.

Which means that we'll be hearing more reports of people saying that they have either attended a special screening of these early cuts or know of someone who have.lol

Maybe we should open up a contest to see on which of these ppl end up being legit by the time the film is released.lol

Well that supports the spioler about there being 3 main action scenes in the movie. Bolded is the scenes.

But we've known that for months. The names of the lego sets leaked a few months ago. What's new is the name of the participants in each of the sets.

The fact that there's been a reveal of New Kryptonian criminals doesn't mean they'l end up on earth. They could be part of the Krypton scenes or even something in Black Zero maybe Zod kills them.

Well one thing is for sure, I'm glad on how MOS seems to be shaping out to be a film where there seems to be a richness of interesting supporting characters outside of the main cast. If Snyder and Goyer were successful in using their rich cast to help create that feeling of a large and rich world that they are in like how Nolan was able to do with his for "TDK", then we're in for something very special here.

Generally yeah the filmmakers have to submit a cut of the film intended for theaters. If it passes and gets the rating the studios want, like in this case a PG-13, then the cut of the film submitted would have to be locked, if Snyder was to alter the cut by adding or removing scenes now he'd have to resubmit the movie for another rating.

Regarding the Kryptonians but didn't a leaked casting sheet confirm this? Curious if the call sheet was for filming in Plano, IL as that would confirm their scenes would be on Earth and not Krypton.

Last edited:
Getting a rating this soon is not very surprising, they've finished this movie awhile ago with a year of post production.

I'm gonna make a guess that with the whole 'Escape from Black Zero' Lois is going to have a pretty instrumental role in freeing Superman from those skeletons or whatever. Didn't Amy reveal that she does wield some 'sort of laser'? Perhaps she gets a hold of some Kryptonian lance/gun weapon inside the ship and goes all Ellen Ripley in there and gets Supes out.

I like it :up:

Infact I'm starting to think the skeletons might be the remains of the inmates of Black Zero.

Sounds a little hardcore. And I still think that's from a dream-sequence.

I'm glad to see they've got the film pretty much wrapped up with months still to go, that gives them plenty of time to tweak effects and make any other small adjustments which test audiences may pick up on. I've heard of some directors literally finishing the film off a half hour before it goes to reel and not even getting time to see their finished product in it's totality, so it will be nice to have a Superman film that wasn't a rush job at the end.

??? i thought that was in JJ Abram script, if i'm not mistaken.
A similar plot element is in the script-it does seem like the movie is borrowing elements from flyby

But we've known that for months. The names of the lego sets leaked a few months ago. What's new is the name of the participants in each of the sets.

Really?First i heard of it.

I heard that the cameo is by Christopher Reeve. Young Clark is walking home from school and briefly stops by a store and looks at a tv through the store window...on the tv is The Aviator, starring Christopher Reeve

Sounds a little hardcore. And I still think that's from a dream-sequence.

I think it could be that too maybe something to do with Jor Els AI and shows him the destruction of Krypton. Although he has the suit on at that point so who knows. Plus from what we've seen I'm not too sure a dream sequence would fit but that's just me.

It's rated PG-13 ? Not PG ?
Ugh Nolan and Snyder trying to make Superman dark :cmad:

:oldrazz:

We talked about the other Kryptonians several months ago. Tor-An is listed on the leaked call sheet. Dev-Em was briefly listed on the imdb. This isn't that much of a surprise.

I'm more interested in the rating. In particular the phrase, intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction. It sounds like we really should be getting an exciting battle.

Superman Returns was PG-13 and that movie wasn't dark. It was completely harmless. I think there's a wide range with PG-13.

^true but SR was PG-13 rating from the MPAA for some intense action violence.

seems mild compared to mos rating lol

Yes. This is going to be more serious than Superman Returns. But my point is that PG 13 rating can be wide in terms of tone. Both Superman Returns and the Dark Knight were PG 13 and yet those movies had a completely different tone.

intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction.
tumblr_m6rfyyjG2A1r0tv4mo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"