All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual I blame the Amish for this atrocity. :o

Me after realizing that we won't be getting any new footage within Superbowl week; along with the fact that we haven't had anything really new and exciting since the trailer's release.

OBr3v.gif

Im shocked they arent doing a Superbowl spot. I really thought they wouldve done one. Superbowl.....Superman... its a no brainer! I can understand why they arent doing one, but i dont agree with it.

I talk to people all the time that have no idea this movie even exists. Good job, WB.

what kind of friends are these lol i guess they didn't see tdkr or the hobbit 2 billion dollar movies of 2012 lol or new trailer which i might add has 26 million views

Sigh. I don't really think there's an awareness issue, It just sucks for us really not getting a Superbowl spot really. I think everyone will be aware of this movie in time, if they aren't already now. Look at how that trailer blew up on YouTube in a few days. The film is selling itself really without WB having to push it hard enough. That's a really good sign.

Wait so it has been confirmed that WB won't have spots this year?

Usually film sites/blogs get a list of the studio's who are participating or not. I don't think that has been released yet unless I missed it.

This site put up a list of companies that'll advertise their products, services, films, etc.

http://www.businessinsider.com/2013-super-bowl-ads-everything-we-know-2012-12?op=1

Which is very possible, and I am sure they think like that. You're right.

To them I say this, "Penny Wise, Dollar Foolish."

Maybe that applies in this case. Maybe not. Time will tell.

As usual I blame the Amish for this atrocity. :o

[YT]y6tizOZ7cis[/YT]

There's still a bit of hope. Some studio's don't announce until a few days before. /dreams

Sigh. I don't really think there's an awareness issue, It just sucks for us really not getting a Superbowl spot really. I think everyone will be aware of this movie in time, if they aren't already now. Look at how that trailer blew up on YouTube in a few days. The film is selling itself really without WB having to push it hard enough. That's a really good sign.

Yes, but it still needs promo. I mean, it's not THAT big of a deal not to get a spot. Batman Begins got a SB spot, and it really didn't do much for its box office revenue. I was just really hoping for some new footage.

We need something new... something, anything! When do we think we will get aan article/cover from Empire? How many months before TDKR did we get the dual Batman/Bane cover for Empire?

We need something new... something, anything! When do we think we will get aan article/cover from Empire? How many months before TDKR did we get the dual Batman/Bane cover for Empire?

Indeed; hell The Amazing Spider-Man was a July 2012 release, and it already had a 2:20 Minute Teaser and several pictures and one magazine article released out in December 2011.

Heck, I'll make another bet; I'm very confident now that we WON'T get anything new until February hits, potentially in the middle of the month.

we got a full trailer and 2 stills in past month god you people are impatient

I remember XFC fans freaking out when they didn't get a superbowl spot, then a couple days after the game Fox released a trailer. Maybe WB will do the same.

I thought The marketing was going to be a fun ride leading up to the movie, boy was I wrong.This is so boring.Nobody can't use that it's to early argument nomore.

I envy the Bat Boards sometimes, you guys had TEH!Hotness of Bale, Hardy, Hathaway, JGL and Oldman to tide you guys over during droughts. I don't think Henry, Amy and that MILF Diane are enough. :(

we got a full trailer and 2 stills in past month god you people are impatient

We're not asking for 30 second clips or such; I don't think it's unreasonable for us to have had a few stills of other characters by now, let alone a magazine article covering the film, especially with everything that's riding on this film.

I remember XFC fans freaking out when they didn't get a superbowl spot, then a couple days after the game Fox released a trailer. Maybe WB will do the same.

Yeah, well the difference for us is that we already had a trailer released last month so I doubt that they'll release a new one that soon.

i know but the impatience here is very strong we get teaser poster then fans ask where is trailer the next day, we get teaser trailer then fans ask where is the theatrical trailer,etc.

Worth pointing out that even if we don't get a Super Bowl spot that Toy Fair is only 5 days after the Super Bowl in NYC so we'll get plenty of MOS photos....just MOS merch! :woot:

Of course it'll probably be our first look at Zod if Mattel or DC Collectibles have any prototypes there.

Yes, but it still needs promo. I mean, it's not THAT big of a deal not to get a spot. Batman Begins got a SB spot, and it really didn't do much for its box office revenue. I was just really hoping for some new footage.
I think you just came across why they didn't bother for MOS yourself.

I thought The marketing was going to be a fun ride leading up to the movie, boy was I wrong.This is so boring.Nobody can't use that it's to early argument nomore.
Ugh. I'm kinda tired of this on here. I much prefer this to marketing over-saturation and spoiling all the big money shots of the movie as well as all the main plot points. We'll get more stills as well as Trailer #3 in the coming months. Even better we'll get the movie in 5 months. Stop the impatience people.

Next Empire issue..in a couple of days..Let's hope for a full Mos coverage..TDKR had the two cover issue with Bats and Bane on NOVEMBER, precisely 21st for the January issue..and then, Entertainment Weekly issue on January 11th..so, WB is late considering that this is not a sequel of tdk or harry potter 56, but a reboot, of Superman.

If we get nothing good until March, well, that's going to suck a lot.

I think they need a Superbowl spot. Not just to create awareness but to generate excitement. See people watching the Superbowl tend to already be excitable. Also you don't want the film falling off of peoples radar. The more you can get someone to say I really want to see that movie the more likely it is they will go. And when you have people around you saying how much they want to see that movie too it creates, well more excitement.

Lets face it, how many times have we said we wanted to see a movie only to not go cause there weren't that many people excited for it. Stepping away from the forum, I don't see MoS on many peoples radar. I hear more talk for Wolverine and the last one was very average. And WB isn't helping themselves by still treating this film as mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"