All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack Snyder said a few months ago that they won't think on a sequel until they look the result of MOS and the success it gets. Let's see...

And about the quality, I think MOS will be great or in the worst case "regular" (as TASM was), but I'm sure it won't be bad.

if mos is as good as tasm was, for superman fans it will feel like they have the greatest movie in history. a slightly above average superhero movie is good to the general crowd. slightly above average to a fan, is downright religous!

If it is true that Goyer is being brought in to (re)write JL, then he'll have a hard act to create a good multi-character story. How will he be able to write Diana/Wonder Woman if she's going to be introduced to the general audience for the first time in a JL team-up instead of a solo film?

How will he be able to write Diana/Wonder Woman if she's going to be introduced to the general audience for the first time in a JL team-up instead of a solo film?

The same way he'd write any character... :huh: Don't know what whether or not she has her own movie has to do with anything.

The same way he'd write any character... :huh: Don't know what whether or not she has her own movie has to do with anything.
My worry is that JL will be cramming a lot of new characters, plots & action storylines in a 120 minutes film. IMO, it will not be that good, it will be at best average.

A bit off topic at the moment I guess, but it is an open discussion about Superman after all and I just wanted to share this wonderful Christopher Reeve interview that I've recently discovered. So full of life. It's bittersweet to watch.

[YT]EkcLRL9cBtk[/YT]

Another great one. Talking more about who Superman is.

[YT]RurU3ElXqJw[/YT]

Nice finds, thanks.

My worry is that JL will be cramming a lot of new characters, plots & action storylines in a 120 minutes film.

It's worked for nearly every other movie ever.

We only know of 6 characters so far. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Darkseid.

if mos is as good as tasm was, for superman fans it will feel like they have the greatest movie in history. a slightly above average superhero movie is good to the general crowd. slightly above average to a fan, is downright religous!

Believe me, not for this Superman man right here.

(And TASM was below average for me)

There have been plenty of ensemble films that introduce just as many characters in as short a time. We don't need to see a full origin for every single one of these people. Leave that to their solo movies if they get them.

Believe me, not for this Superman man right here.

(And TASM was below average for me)

Correct and correct.

There have been plenty of ensemble films that introduce just as many characters in as short a time. We don't need to see a full origin for every single one of these people. Leave that to their solo movies if they get them.

...And correct again. It's like this new fangled thing of splitting movies into multiple movies. "Oh, we've just got so much story to tell". 90% of the time, that's total bs. People did just fine with one movie for the prior 90 years.

Zack Snyder said a few months ago that they won't think on a sequel until they look the result of MOS and the success it gets. Let's see...

And about the quality, I think MOS will be great or in the worst case "regular" (as TASM was), but I'm sure it won't be bad.

I adored TASM so if MOS were equally as good I'd be one happy girl.

Random, but if this film is as good as the Bruce Timm Superman Animated Series, i'll be one happy son of a ***** . Because that animated series was amazing. Perfect portrayal of Superman, that was faithful to the comics but fresh as well.

All of the DCAU was brilliant. Even Static Shock was good, which was only loosely connected.

The next Batman reboot should have a tone like the DCAU Batman series. Because it was dark, but had great fantastical villains.
Actually, if the JLA film can capture the tone of the JLA animated series, i will be happy. It had it's serious moments. It had it's light moments. I want it to be a bit more serious than the Avengers, but just as crowd pleasing.

The fact that the JL script was not written with a shared universe in mind makes me cringe. I can't believe that a year ago Snyder was adamant MOS would be it's own thing. The way he talks about the JL film in interviews reads to me like he's not too pleased with the thought of it. I hope that he gets Nolan to back him up and they go have a meeting with the accountants running WB and tell them that it's just not a good idea. Chances are he'll take this 'lucrative package' though...

I wouldn't be so quick to follow Bruce Timm's style of creating a DC Universe when it comes to the live action film; namely because Bruce Timm has always placed Batman above Superman in almost every scenario; where Batman ends up saving the day more times than Superman and vice versa. I mean I never really got the feeling that they liked Superman or thought of him as a authentic hero since he's mainly portrayed as just being a alien who doesn't really uses his brains and always gets outsmarted by the villains while Batman doesn't and while the almighty Batman isn't subjected to becoming a tyrant, Superman apparently is in their version.

Plus, they really depowered Superman greatly as well.

I wouldn't be so quick to follow Bruce Timm's style of creating a DC Universe when it comes to the live action film; namely because Bruce Timm has always placed Batman above Superman in almost every scenario; where Batman ends up saving the day more times than Superman and vice versa. I mean I never really got the feeling that they liked Superman or thought of him as a authentic hero since he's mainly portrayed as just being a alien who doesn't really uses his brains and always gets outsmarted by the villains while Batman doesn't and while the almighty Batman isn't subjected to becoming a tyrant, Superman apparently is in their version.

Kinda liked that tbh. He can withstand bullets, but after a while they can cause him pain. Seems like that is what Snyder, Nolan, and Goyer are doing. Didn't we hear something that the military's weapons actually kinda start to hurt Superman after awhile. Though we got that leaked scene description where a missile is launched into superman and it didn't hurt him, so it's all up for debate right now.

Talk about a one sided argument. He's taken one quote and ran with it. What about the interviews where they've said what worked for Batman won't necessarily work for Superman, and that he is an unabashed hero? Ofcourse everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can't stand the way he presents his opinion as fact, backing it up with one measly source (the Empire article.)

I disagree with the article's author's opinion, not because I think he is extrapolating the wrong conclusion (beside the "brooding" melancholy he thinks Superman will be exhibiting in the end), but rather because I think that what he extrapolates IS what they are doing, and that approach is EXACTLY what Superman needs in a movie. We WOULD be skeptical, and likely terrified, of a god like alien showing up on Earth.

There would also be those who fully embraced him.

Superman needs to EARN our trust, not because of who HE is, but because of who WE are. In the end, he will be embraced by the good in us, and those few who resent him will remain cynical.

The approach will also showcase the difference between being skeptical vs cynical, which is, imo, a good thing to showcase.

This is, assuming, HOPING, thy go that approach with Luthor; having him resent Superman, distrusting him, thinking it should be MAN we look up to; failing to see how Superman can bring out the good in us, he is blinded by his own hubris in wanting to be man's "saviour" himself, and it poisons him, and fuels his own greed and cements his megalomania.

At least that's how I want to see Luthor and Superman.

:applaud:applaud:applaud:applaud:up:

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

That was a complicated ass post to construct.

This. Personally I would combine ideas from Justice League:Year One, New 52 JL origin(I know I'm going to get some hate for that one but it read better all together and felt more like a movie or cartoon script at times), JL cartoon and some of Brad Meltzer's JL run(particularly the flashbacks to the JL's thoughts after the first team up) among other JL comics.

I'm sorry but the theories that Meloni is Lex Luthor and Lois is really Lana are pretty ridiculous, everyone seems to think there's gonna be some big twist because Nolan's involved. Ask yourself this what would be gained from those twists? answer nothing. Its not like Hardy would have to lie to just turn out to be Lex, same goes for Lois been Lana.

I'm sorry but the theories that Meloni is Lex Luthor and Lois is really Lana are pretty ridiculous, everyone seems to think there's gonna be some big twist because Nolan's involved. Ask yourself this what would be gained from those twists? answer nothing. Its not like Hardy would have to lie to just turn out to be Lex, same goes for Lois been Lana.
I thought that it had been mentioned that there was some sort of twist in the final MOS script? Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I swear I had heard that. I'm all for the twist of Meloni being Lex, but not really sure if that's going to happen or not. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

I thought that it had been mentioned that there was some sort of twist in the final MOS script? Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I swear I had heard that. I'm all for the twist of Meloni being Lex, but not really sure if that's going to happen or not. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

Well the person who said that was the guy who posted all those “spoilers” and said there'd be a superbowl spot which we now know isn't true. I just don't see what's to gain from a twist like that tbh. I just think people are expecting some twist because Nolan's involved. But yeah we'll have to wait and see.

So about this General Swanwick fellow...

I'm pretty sure he's Steel with a cover name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"