All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Meloni rumor is ridiculous. Makes sense there's a general calling the shots for the huge military presence in this film.

One think I like watching the trailer is for every shot of an action sequence there's an authentic passionate moment (Superman hugging ma, Pa holding young Clark, Jor-El with Kal, Lois and Supes holding hands). Gives me hope that the most important element of Superman is there: heart. To be honest the whole 'more action than TDK' doesn't excite me too much. I think the most important thing is making me care about these people (which Superman Returns totally failed at).

The Meloni rumor is ridiculous. Makes sense there's a general calling the shots for the huge military presence in this film.

It's not even a rumour, it's just speculation, like I said people seem to automatically assume we're gonna get a Miranda Tate/Talia twist cause Nolan is involved. Not even the fact that unlike that twist the twists people are coming up with would be pointless i.e.. Lois is really Lana or Hardy is Lex. It's just ridiculously stupid stuff.

On a Superman reference I've just spotted:

Funnily enough I'm watching the 100th episode of American Dad and Stand found out his daughter had run off with someone so he did the Superman the Movie ending and turned back time ha ha.

Finally got my copy of Empire. I'd avoided reading scans of the article, now to sit down with a cup of tea and read this thing. :awesome:

Finally got my copy of Empire. I'd avoided reading scans of the article, now to sit down with a cup of tea and read this thing. :awesome:

Awesome, I've read mine twice already, I just sat there looking at the cover for a bit when I got it, thinking wow this is really happening :D

Also it has a kick-ass interview with the original General Zod Terence Stamp too :awesome:

No idea, I wasn't around the forums then. But count me in if anyones going to midnight showing at BFI, I'll meet up with anyone who wants too beforehand :)

I'd be up for meeting up beforehand,and also the next day as well for those who are not seeing the midnight show,I'll be in London for a few days,hopefully watching the midnight showing,and then the next day evening show,so hopefully as we get a little nearer the time us UK fans can arrange a meet up:woot:

And when is the London Premier?,I was thinking about turning up to watch the cast and stars on the red carpet,anyone else thinking about it?

The fact that the JL script was not written with a shared universe in mind makes me cringe.

The fact that you're calling a rumor from Cosmicbooknews.com a "fact" makes me cringe.

I wouldn't be so quick to follow Bruce Timm's style of creating a DC Universe when it comes to the live action film; namely because Bruce Timm has always placed Batman above Superman in almost every scenario; where Batman ends up saving the day more times than Superman and vice versa. I mean I never really got the feeling that they liked Superman or thought of him as a authentic hero since he's mainly portrayed as just being a alien who doesn't really uses his brains and always gets outsmarted by the villains while Batman doesn't and while the almighty Batman isn't subjected to becoming a tyrant, Superman apparently is in their version.

Plus, they really depowered Superman greatly as well.

When people talk about Superman being boring, I think of Paul Dini and Bruce Timm's version of the character. That Superman was boring. Depowered to the point of uselessness, and his supporting cast overshadowed him.

They simply didn't know how to write him, and they admitted as such. I read an interview where they basically said they had no ideas. That's why the third season was full of guest stars. A video where they talk about the villains of the show reveals how negative Timm is about the whole thing.

The series was redeemed by having the best representations of Lois Lane, Lex Luthor and Darkseid ever.

JAK®;25117217 said:
They simply didn't know how to write him, and they admitted as such. I read an interview where they basically said they had no ideas. That's why the third season was full of guest stars. A video where they talk about the villains of the show reveals how negative Timm is about the whole thing.

What video was that?

Really? What'd he say?

He only talked briefly about Superman II & Marlon Brando (he got on great with him) but he talked about a ton of other stuff some great stories about Michael Caine np and how he hated filming for Star Wars with George Lucas.

I still don't see how Col. Hardy turning out to be Lex is a stupid rumour. It could happen. It's not Lex hasn't done stuff like that before...

JAK®;25117217 said:
The series was redeemed by having the best representations of Lois Lane, Lex Luthor and Darkseid ever.

Best representations? Nah. Luthor and Darkseid were great, while maybe not THE BEST ever. Not huge on DCAU Lois though.

See this is straight up blasphemy here. :o

JAK®;25117311 said:
Pay attention to how negative he is about it all, particularly during the Metallo segment.

I wouldn't call his overall attitude negative...but there's definitely a lack of interest in the character and his world. He looks like he didn't even really want to do the segment, let alone make a Superman cartoon.

He only talked briefly about Superman II & Marlon Brando (he got on great with him) but he talked about a ton of other stuff some great stories about Michael Caine np and how he hated filming for Star Wars with George Lucas.

That's pretty cool!

Best representations? Nah. Luthor and Darkseid were great, while maybe not THE BEST ever. Not huge on DCAU Lois though.

What didn't you like about her?

JAK®;25117217 said:
When people talk about Superman being boring, I think of Paul Dini and Bruce Timm's version of the character. That Superman was boring. Depowered to the point of uselessness, and his supporting cast overshadowed him.

:applaud:applaud:applaud

I agree with everything except on Lois.I freaking hated her in DCAU.

With Mos on the horizon I think we can count on a new animated series being commisioned.I dont want Bruce/Paul involved with it and from the looks of it neither do they.

As long as Greg Weisman and his showkilling (That's right come and get me :oldrazz:) ways doesn't get involved, I shall consider a new animated series. :o

can someone take both of the hi res trailers and remake the comic con trailer in hi res with a good quality version of the song in the comic con trailer ? u can use the voice over from the comic con trailer that would be cool

I was actually thinking about today. Some of the shots won't be able to be replicated, but I'd like to get as close as possible.

How can anyone hate Dana Delany's Lois Lane? She IS Lois Lane in my mind.

I still don't see how Col. Hardy turning out to be Lex is a stupid rumour. It could happen. It's not Lex hasn't done stuff like that before...

But it's ultimately pointless, there's no reason for him to disguise who he is. I'm a 100% confident Meloni is not Lex.

Sean Penn for Lex Luthor or if they go younger, The Cooper guy from Hangover.

No, Bradley Cooper needs to play a superhero - preferably the Flash. He is superhero / leading man material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"