All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we getting a MOS Spot for The Super Bowl?

i did see,and she was great,in The Fighter she was excelent.I dont speak for her acting,but her face..Very sweet for Lois...But we will see her.

oh ok I see what you mean.

Enchanted, Doubt and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian too.

I purposely left those out because I was thinking, like most unfamiliar with Amy's more serious roles, he only knew the happy go lucky characters she's played. But actually he was speaking about her looks.

No one knows for sure either way, but it doesn't look like it.

Unfortunately, we are not. :csad:

"What's most notable is which films and studios will not have a presence at this year's Super Bowl. Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox have both opted to sit out the game, so that means no spots for Man of Steel or The Wolverine. Sony is also skipping the Super Bowl so no spots for Evil Dead and Elysium."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/what-film-ads-will-be-shown-during-super-bowl-xlvii

There is no way WB could lose if they simply release JL in 2016. They avoid the steep and similar competition, and end up with arguably the highest profile release that year(barring Avatar sequel). I mean there is no way avengers 2 is not going to out do it more over they got an Abrams helmed Star Wars(sure thing if I've ever seen it). Just chill with this 2015 pipe dream.

All they need for 2015 is a solid showing from one of their line up, preferably superman in the summer and possibly one other in a different quarter.

simple stuff.

There is no way WB could lose if they simply release JL in 2016. They avoid the steep and similar competition, and end up with arguably the highest profile release that year(barring Avatar sequel). I mean there is no way avengers 2 is not going to out do it more over they got an Abrams helmed Star Wars(sure thing if I've ever seen it). Just chill with this 2015 pipe dream.

All they need for 2015 is a solid showing from one of their line up, preferably superman in the summer and possibly one other in a different quarter.

simple stuff.

2015 is a pipe dream? There have been sources indicating that will be the release date. No reliable sources have said it would be released in 2016. That date seems like more of a pipe dream than 2015 does at this point.

Unfortunately, we are not. :csad:

"What's most notable is which films and studios will not have a presence at this year's Super Bowl. Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox have both opted to sit out the game, so that means no spots for Man of Steel or The Wolverine. Sony is also skipping the Super Bowl so no spots for Evil Dead and Elysium."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/what-film-ads-will-be-shown-during-super-bowl-xlvii

Well, there goes that. But we all kinda knew it. Oh well. Maybe they have a better plan. Man of Steel is does hold the future of green lights after all. :dry:

Regardless....WB's is still being cheap by not having Super Bowl spots for MOS AND even for Pacific Rim.

Oy vey....a company like WB's being cheap when money is not a problem for them.

Cheap....plain and simple.

2015 is a pipe dream? There have been sources indicating that will be the release date. No reliable sources have said it would be released in 2016. That date seems like more of a pipe dream than 2015 does at this point.

Meh....Until I see how things continue to develop when it comes to the story and scriptwriter(s) (Goyer needs a pass at this Beall script IMO) the director that is hired and (hopefully) the solid actors they hire to make up the JL team.....I would still rather see the JL film released in 2016 ahead of 2015.

At least as of now.....

Missed opportunity. I remember how hyped everybody was for the avengers last year after the super bowl spot. WB couldve shown an epic action bit from MOS and wowed everyone

I'd personally put out a "Flash" movie in 2015 and wait to put out JL till 2016. I really think this would be there best bet for success. WB needs to familiarize the GP with superheroes other then Sups and Batman before releasing A JL movie. I mean, Thor is my favorite out of all the Marvel hero's, and only because of the movie. To be honest, I probably would not have cared to see Avengers if not for Thor, as I thought Captain America was not that great, and never cared for Iron Man.

What i'm saying is the more familiar the GP is with multiple hero's in the DC universe, the better set-up WB would be for a JL release. This whole 2015 talk is sounding way to rushed for my liking, WB needs to take a step back and rethink there strategy if this 2015 JL talk is indeed what they plan on doing.

Last edited:
I'd personally put out a "Flash" movie in 2015 and wait to put out JL till 2016. I really think this would be there best bet for success. WB needs to familiarize the GP with superheroes other then Sups and Batman before releasing A JL movie. I mean, Thor is my favorite out of all the Marvel hero's, and only because of the movie. To be honest, I probably would not have cared to see Avengers if not for Thor, as I thought Captain America was not that great, and never cared for Iron Man.

What i'm saying is the more familiar the GP is with multiple hero's in the DC universe, the better set-up WB can be for a JL release. This whole 2015 talk is sounding way to rushed for my liking, WB needs to take a step back and rethink there strategy if this 2015 JL talk is indeed their true interest.

Supposedly they loved the newest Flash script, I think they had cold feet after Lantern.

I honestly would love a Wonder Woman film before Justice League or Flash. Get the trinity in place first. It's pretty shocking that we got a Thor film before Wonder Women.

They aren't sure if Wonder Woman can carry a film enough to make any major money. I think if any female heroine had some sway it would be Catwoman. Although, we saw ho the previous one turned out.

I honestly would love a Wonder Woman film before Justice League or Flash. Get the trinity in place first. It's pretty shocking that we got a Thor film before Wonder Women.

Hey, I'm all for it! The more Hero's WB can put on the map before a JL movie the better. Put out WW in the Spring of 2015, "Flash" in the fall/winter of 2015, and shoot for a Summer blockbuster JL release in 2016.

Showtime: I didn't know that about a Flash script, I'm gonna look into that. If true that's pretty sad WB got cold feel on it, that would have been beautiful to have MOS and Flash rolling out within a year of one another.

One thing I hope WB does with Batman is make him into more of an Arkham Asylum badass, and not so much of a freestyle punching (constantly getting his azz kicked) whimp as Nolan portrayed him. I also LOVE the Asylum costume, hope they move in more of a comic direction with Batman as far as attitude and look come JL.

BB1Sg67CMAAaQAU.jpg:large

Is this real, or just a well-done homemade figure?

Figure is legit IMO. Looks like a finished version of the unfinished Chinese figure that was smuggled onto Ebay a while back. One things for sure, I want one! :)

Last edited:
Figure is legit IMO. Looks like a finished version of the unfinished Chinese figure that was smuggled onto Ebay a while back. One things for sure, I want one! :)

nah, that was a 3" one, this one looks like a proper size figure ;)

Missed opportunity. I remember how hyped everybody was for the avengers last year after the super bowl spot. WB couldve shown an epic action bit from MOS and wowed everyone

Yeah, but the Avengers kinda needed it. People thought it was gonna be a disaster and the trailer didn't help. The Superbowl spot changed everyone's mind. MoS seems to be better received at this point.

Yeah, but the Avengers kinda needed it. People thought it was gonna be a disaster and the trailer didn't help. The Superbowl spot changed everyone's mind. MoS seems to be better received at this point.

Yep; I remember reading on how a lot of the first impressions from seeing the trailer had complaints that went from: "This pretty much feels like Iron Man 3" or "This looks like it was filmed as though it were a TV Show", etc. There just wasn't anything about it, aside from the cameo of the Hulk's appearance at the end, that really got people to talk from what I saw. So with the Superbowl spot that they released, it definitely made a good amount of people feel better when they saw the CGI shots and more action oriented footage.

MOS definitely had a better reception with its first theatrical trailer and I'd even argue that the teaser, for those who had not seen the CC one, got some people to talk because it was just very different from what people were used to seeing when involving Superman on film.

Yep; I remember reading on how a lot of the first impressions from seeing the trailer had complaints that went from: "This pretty much feels like Iron Man 3" or "This looks like it was filmed as though it were a TV Show", etc. There just wasn't anything about it, aside from the cameo of the Hulk's appearance at the end, that really got people to talk from what I saw. So with the Superbowl spot that they released, it definitely made a good amount of people feel better when they saw the CGI shots and more action oriented footage.

I'm telling ya, it was that 360 shot of the team that sold people.

I'm telling ya, it was that 360 shot of the team that sold people.
That along with it just being an incredibly well stitched trailer. The final trailer just sweetened the deal.

Marvel did a great job in that regard.

The music, dialogue and shots were all just perfectly put together.

Yeah, it was exactly what it had to be. All the rest was redundant after that, really (in terms of having to sell people).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"