All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's my point. We had real stills from TDKR at this point to attract the attention of the general audience. These unofficial photos from toy fairs and stuff only catch the attention of us hardcore types. It just seems like Warner Bros was doing a better job of raising the awareness of the general audience before TDKR when it actually needed less marketing than this film does.
Yeah, I don't get the complete lack of marketing for this film. It's either over-confidence or stupidity. The reaction so far has been extremely positive, so it may be over-confidence.

New image... Looks very edited but still a good pic

Man-of-Steel-Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-HD.jpg

i demand an explanation from WB why Zod's armor is CGI. based on this new toy there is no way that an actor couldnt wear it or that Legacy Effects(Stan Winston) couldnt build it.

Because they can't make CG toys?

Another thing, we can now confirm with certainty that it's Zod -- not Faora -- standing next to Superman in the trailer when he's spitting up on the floor.

Since no one else is acknowledging the above photo, let me be the first to say... awesome :)

Hopefully this now pushed WBs to do an official reveal of the Kryptonians

That's the type of big banner that should have been in theaters all over the world already.
Instead of that odd hand cuff walk.

WB Marketing at it's best.

That's a manip?!?!?! :wow:

Based on some of the past Cavill manips and the fan posters on the Bat-boards I knew we had some seriously talented people around here, but this one is a whole new level. Wow, just wow. All the textures and colours pop so beautifully. WB could learn a lot from that in terms of the promo images being released.

i demand an explanation from WB why Zod's armor is CGI. based on this new toy there is no way that an actor couldnt wear it or that Legacy Effects(Stan Winston) couldnt build it.

But could Michael Shannon *fight* in that suit? I doubt it.

At any rate, you might be jumping to conclusions a little too quickly. Yes, we know that Zod's armor will be CGI in the fight scenes, but I think his armor will be real in the nonphysical scenes. If you look at the picture released by Empire magazine, the suit looks very, very real. I don't think it's CGI:
Man-of-Steel-Empire-Magazine-General-Zod.jpg

This approach (i.e. real suit for dialogue scenes and CGI suit for action scenes) is certainly not unprecedented. The Iron Man movies are shot in exactly the same way, from what I understand.

Holy shiiiiiiiit!
A manip!Godammn thats the sthe best MOS poster weve had yet.WB shld pay this guy and use the pic.

The pic shows us 2 things-MOS suit is awesome,WB isnt showing it to the fullest

But could Michael Shannon *fight* in that suit? I doubt it.

At any rate, you might be jumping to conclusions a little too quickly. Yes, we know that Zod's armor will be CGI in the fight scenes, but I think his armor will be real in the nonphysical scenes. If you look at the picture released by Empire magazine, the suit looks very, very real. I don't think it's CGI:
Man-of-Steel-Empire-Magazine-General-Zod.jpg

This approach (i.e. real suit for dialogue scenes and CGI suit for action scenes) is certainly not unprecedented. The Iron Man movies are shot in exactly the same way, from what I understand.

I still think Shannon's CGI suit something else cause Shannon said the armour was big n that it had to be done in CGI.

I still think Shannon's CGI suit something else cause Shannon said the armour was big n that it had to be done in CGI.
Yep, I don't think we've seen the cgi armor yet

You know you're doing it wrong when fan-made posters are actually better than most of the official released ones...

Oh Lord, all that I ask for is that we get some new (live action stuff) this coming week.lol

Yea this zod armor thing is trickery.The concept description said he had 2 different types of armor one with a helmet.
We don't even know if he on krypton or earth in that Empire magazine picture.

i hope superman shows some emotion in this movie like reeve did when he was flying away screaming!@

from some of the shots like when he's lifting the oil rig he's showing some emotion plus they said they really wanted to humanize him ...rouths superman was like a flying cardboard cutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"