All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
mos facebook page has been far more accurate than a lot of other entertainment websites reporting on superman. looking forward to the march media. still no trailer till april, but it is nice to have some stuff to look forward to

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I can't believe anyone thinks it is official marketing.

This may sound harsh...because it is, but anyone who thought that may be official marketing is an idiot. Why the hell would a truck just drive around random places with a poster plastered on the side of it??? Lame :doh:

mos facebook page has been far more accurate than a lot of other entertainment websites reporting on superman. looking forward to the march media. still no trailer till april, but it is nice to have some stuff to look forward to

Have you been drinking??? They claimed up one side and down the other that there was no scene in the desert, and then when photos came out proving that there was, they claimed the photos where photoshopped....yeah, they are crazy

Happy Valentine's Day to all you folks out there....
supermanvalentine.png

This may sound harsh...because it is, but anyone who thought that may be official marketing is an idiot. Why the hell would a truck just drive around random places with a poster plastered on the side of it??? Lame :doh:
I think it was meant as a joke a long time ago. Whatever movie is/was coming out and people are/were complaining that there is no trailer for said movie, someone decided to google a pic of a semi truck with a trailer attached and photoshopped said movie logo on to that trailer and you have a movie trailer. I thought it was kind of funny at the time. Clever actually.

If Snyder is able to succeed in giving us a well executed scene that is able to incorporate the hopelessness and fear that is present in every persons face as they're about to face death in some tragic way, only for Superman to make the save at the very last second, then he will have succeeded in getting on what one of the major things that Superman is all about.

Case in point, while I do agree that MOS had the better trailer, one thing that I liked from seeing the footage shown in the Iron Man 3 Extended spot was the feeling of despair and fear on every passenger's face as they were holding on for dear life on the planes and how terrifying of a image they were able to capture with everyone falling out of the plan and from the sky before Iron Man went out and was able to grab onto them.

That's exactly how I feel.

I think the second MOS trailer is damn good among the best for the "big" films that come out this year actually but that glimpse of the free fall scene from IM3 holds a ton of resonance for me. That to me seems to be one scene that will have me at the edge of my seat when I watch it in theaters.

That's exactly how I feel.

I think the second MOS trailer is damn good among the best for the "big" films that come out this year actually but that glimpse of the free fall scene from IM3 holds a ton of resonance for me. That to me seems to be one scene that will have me at the edge of my seat when I watch it in theaters.

Exactly.

Plus, Superman is one of the heroes that actually deals with those scenarios since most of the other heroes that we've seen on the big screen don't really deal with saving people on that scale or nature due to them being either not powerful enough (hence why the writers don't put them in those situations) or it not being a primary concern of theirs.

Superman is supposed to be all about hope, especially in the moments when it seems like all hope is lost. I want to actually see that concept brilliantly executed on the big screen.

I want to see the hopelessness and fear present within the faces of several individuals and show the true (and very real terror) that these situations can evoke among those involved in them, thus causing us (the audience) to be on the edge of our seats during that entire time, only to see Superman swoop in at the last minute and save the day; reassuring the people that he's saved that they're safe now that he's there.

The closest that I've seen this would be in Superman Returns during the airplane rescue and when Superman saved Richard White/Lois/Jason from drowning to their deaths, and even then I think more could have been added to make it more suspenseful for certain moments.

And given that this is a film that's presenting Superman emerging in the real world, where no one prior to his debut would even dream that they could be saved like that in those dangerous situations, it then presents the ability to really take the ball and go far with it in regards to the expressions and looks on everyone's faces when they first see Superman save them from those dangers.

tumblr_m7gyncOUg01rn9b7to2_400.gif

Exactly.

Plus, Superman is one of the heroes that actually deals with those scenarios since most of the other heroes that we've seen on the big screen don't really deal with saving people on that scale or nature due to them being either not powerful enough (hence why the writers don't put them in those situations) or it not being a primary concern of theirs.

Superman is supposed to be all about hope, especially in the moments when it seems like all hope is lost. I want to actually see that concept brilliantly executed on the big screen.

I want to see the hopelessness and fear present within the faces of several individuals and show the true (and very real terror) that these situations can evoke among those involved in them, thus causing us (the audience) to be on the edge of our seats during that entire time, only to see Superman swoop in at the last minute and save the day; reassuring the people that he's saved that they're safe now that he's there.

The closest that I've seen this would be in Superman Returns during the airplane rescue and when Superman saved Richard White/Lois/Jason from drowning to their deaths, and even then I think more could have been added to make it more suspenseful for certain moments.

And given that this is a film that's presenting Superman emerging in the real world, where no one prior to his debut would even dream that they could be saved like that in those dangerous situations, it then presents the ability to really take the ball and go far with it in regards to the expressions and looks on everyone's faces when they first see Superman save them from those dangers.
I agree fully. Despite all the criticism Superman Returns get I did really love the airplane scene personally. In terms of scale and seeing the reaction of those in the plane it really made it worthwhile. Very good scene I for one think.

I'm actually very curious to see on how they plan on going about doing Superman's official debut in the film and what are the circumstances that makes him come out and how they'll go about doing everyone's reactions upon seeing him for the very first time. One thing's for sure, we won't be seeing everyone clapping for him as the heroic theme is being played in the background this time.lol

I'm guessing Iron Man 3 will suck. Mandarin looks goofy and that patriotic suit is just stupid. The air save scene looks great, but that alone can't save a movie. Everything else looks like a complete disaster. I just can't imagine them coming up with a story that's worth a damn. There's not much you can do with Stark at this point. But I guess you can poor a couple hundred million into effects and parade a snarky RDJ (whose "I'm too clever routine" is kinda stale at this point) and still make a few bucks.

I wouldn't bet against RDJ and IM3. If people had to choose between IM3 and MoS, most would go with Iron Man. That's not to say it will be the better movie but you know what you are going to get. A relatively fun popcorn flick with the occasional laugh. MoS is unknown and might end up being fun but their are no other movies to base that on right now. It is trying to sell itself by being serious and that just might not work. There some depressing elements to MoS and that might turn some people away.

I'm guessing Iron Man 3 will suck. Mandarin looks goofy and that patriotic suit is just stupid. The air save scene looks great, but that alone can't save a movie. Everything else looks like a complete disaster. I just can't imagine them coming up with a story that's worth a damn. There's not much you can do with Stark at this point. But I guess you can poor a couple hundred million into effects and parade a snarky RDJ (whose "I'm too clever routine" is kinda stale at this point) and still make a few bucks.
I'm guessing you're wrong.

I must be honest, I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with IM3, but [any MCU movie] and "resonance" don't go together, as far as I'm concerned.

Come on... :whatever: You can write a version of this for MOS or any other comicbook movie about to come out.

Yawn.

:dry: Uhhhhhhhh.... No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"