All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total Film came out today with Pacific Rim featured on the cover for their Summer Blockbuster feature but it also mentions MOS with an exclusive interview with Henry Cavill. Downloading the mag now.

Also in real world news is looks like Superman arrived....in Mother Russia!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-0iwBEswE

Basically a small meteorite crashed in a urban area in Russia this morning where the impact set off car alarms and broke apartment windows. lol There's a few more videos out there. :woot:

I'm gonna have to get me that Total Film, could you let us know if there's any new pics inside if possible?

I'm gonna have to get me that Total Film, could you let us know if there's any new pics inside if possible?

Not sure about pics inside, but it comes with a pull out poster of the handcuffs image :)

No new pics (just the poster, the pic with supes and soldiers and supes with army behind him, plus that old pic of Cavill standing on top of a building looking down). Nothing really new from Cavill either.

There isn't sadly. :(

The interview is nice but brief. Cavill talks about his workout and calorie intake he had to do for the film starting at 5,000 to bulk up and then working down to 3,500 for the suit and 2,500 for the shirtless scenes. He mentions how great it was wearing the suit and how "fantastic" it made him feel, even if it was skin tight and took the team 15 minutes each day to get him in it.

Other than that he talks about his personal image going forward and his responsibility to kids give how outside of the movies they'll see him as Superman and that he signed on for 3 movies.

But there are a whole lot of new (awesome) Pacific Rim photos inside. You know the movie that already has more pics out than MOS (and comes out on a later - better date). :woot:

I was watching an interview on MTV with some chick from Square Enix (they are making a Superman statue/toy) and she said that this is a darker Superman and that they are trying to keep a sense of secrecy around the film. I just hope WB doesn't over-do the secrecy. There is a fine line between being secretive and between showing too little/teasing too much. This is a reboot and a (hopefully) new franchise not an established series (as WB seems to be treating it so far, as if it was 3rd in a series or something). The 3rd trailer will have to be really mind-blowing and raise the bar way high because there's gonna be a whole bunch of big movies at that time (and especially in the month leading up to MOS) fighting for peoples attention.

But there are a whole lot of new (awesome) Pacific Rim photos inside. You know the movie that already has more pics out than MOS (and comes out on a later - better date). :woot:

This is just WB not showing there cards on there most anticipated film. Just shows how important MOS is to WB, no reason to look any further into it.

Even though Pacific Rim Has a much higher budget, MOS is WB's key to there future of Superhero films, billions of dollars are at risk here, they will take their time and play their cards right, and I don't blame them.

This is just WB not showing there cards on there most anticipated film. Just shows how important MOS is to WB, no reason to look any further into it.

Smart...or stupid. We'll see after the OW. :yay:

Even though Pacific Rim Has a much higher budget, MOS is WB's key to there future of Superhero films, billions of dollars are at risk here, they will take there time, and I don't blame them.

Well empire claimed it's 225 mil. I kind of doubt they would give PR a higher budget. Or at least I would hope not. Though truth be told, going only by what WB has shown of MOS so far, it could have a 150 mil budget. It doesn't look like anything we haven't already seen before and it doesn't look bigger than IM3, ST or PR....so far.

Oh cool on the poster will definitely pick the issue up, thanks for letting me know folks :D

Total Film came out today with Pacific Rim featured on the cover for their Summer Blockbuster feature but it also mentions MOS with an exclusive interview with Henry Cavill. Downloading the mag now.

Also in real world news is looks like Superman arrived....in Mother Russia!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-0iwBEswE

Basically a small meteorite crashed in a urban area in Russia this morning where the impact set off car alarms and broke apartment windows. lol There's a few more videos out there. :woot:

Yeah I saw on Twitter that some people think it's a viral for MOS, haha, silly to think that. If it would be it wouldn't happen in Russia. :oldrazz:

There isn't sadly. :(

The interview is nice but brief. Cavill talks about his workout and calorie intake he had to do for the film starting at 5,000 to bulk up and then working down to 3,500 for the suit and 2,500 for the shirtless scenes. He mentions how great it was wearing the suit and how "fantastic" it made him feel, even if it was skin tight and took the team 15 minutes each day to get him in it.

Other than that he talks about his personal image going forward and his responsibility to kids give how outside of the movies they'll see him as Superman and that he signed on for 3 movies.

Pacific Rim (arguably) needs more promotion though. It's not as well known as the character of Superman.

Just watched the Comic-Con trailer again and man, it makes me a bit emotional.

Definitely. I hope the same music is used in Trailer #3.

Since the MOS theme has been completed, I fully expect the music in the third trailer to be original. Especially since it will ( if WB marketing people have any sense left) probably be action packed so the CC music wouldn't really fit. I really want to hear how those 10 great rock drummers playing together sound, I bet it's for an action sequence or something.

Yeeeah, you're both right there. The final Batman Begins trailer used an early version of the main theme so a theme from the actual MOS score seems likely.

Henry Cavill Discusses MAN OF STEEL (from TotalFilm)

On waking up during shooting and putting on the Superman suit.

"I love wearing the suit! You put it on every morning and you feel fantastic. I mean, you're wearing a Superman suit, for goodness sake!"

On how long it took to get into costume.
"It took the team about 15 minutes each day. They struggled hard...let's just say we became very close!"

His response to the question of what he tried to accomplish with the part.
"This is not a movie about Zack Snyder directing something, or Henry Cavill playing a character...It's a selfless movie about a character who is going through what he is going through. He wants to do the right thing, but he's fallible, like the rest of us. He messes up, and that makes us love him more."

On the Justice League rumors.
" A decision's being made, I'm sure, post opening weekend!"

Henry Cavill Discusses MAN OF STEEL (from TotalFilm)

On waking up during shooting and putting on the Superman suit.

"I love wearing the suit! You put it on every morning and you feel fantastic. I mean, you're wearing a Superman suit, for goodness sake!"

On how long it took to get into costume.
"It took the team about 15 minutes each day. They struggled hard...let's just say we became very close!"

His response to the question of what he tried to accomplish with the part.
"This is not a movie about Zack Snyder directing something, or Henry Cavill playing a character...It's a selfless movie about a character who is going through what he is going through. He wants to do the right thing, but he's fallible, like the rest of us. He messes up, and that makes us love him more."

On the Justice League rumors.
" A decision's being made, I'm sure, post opening weekend!"

Awesome :up: so sounds like he will be involved if JL if it happens then regarding that last part.

Went and scanned the Total Film article. It's not much, but its something on a slow moving day like today. I water marked them which is probably pretty lame, but there you go. Also they're er, big.

xckrlmr.jpg

8dl3F5B.jpg

l6rDxIV.jpg

Edit: Poster for size comparison

Gcz1tUE.jpg

Last edited:
This is literally the only film I'm excited for this year...

I'm looking forward to a few others, but THIS is the one.

Lets hope that story about the test screening is true. We can talk all about marketing the movie better with posters and photos and trailers. But there's nothing like actually delivering a great movie that creates positive buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"