• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for the marketing to kick in. We're still three months away so I'm not worried. Knowing WB's methods, they'll start light this month and pour it on in May.

I can't wait for the marketing to kick in. We're still three months away so I'm not worried. Knowing WB's methods, they'll start light this month and pour it on in May.
Well rumor has it that we will be getting a new trailer in April. I can't remember, right off the top of my head, which movie it's supposed to be attached to though. I'm with you though. I think it's going to begin this month with more magazine articles and official pictures and such. Then once the new trailer is released, I bet we start seeing TV Spots shortly after. I can't believe it's almost here! :woot:

If I were WB I would try and put a tv spot with The Walking Dead season finale.

If I were WB I would try and put a tv spot with The Walking Dead season finale.
Good call! That would be around about the time that the TV Spots would/should start airing! With as many people that watch TWD, and especially the season finale, I could see that making a HUGE impact.

Another tweet by Nick Jones which, if true, is potentially very revealing: https://twitter.com/njfuture/status/307764936136851456

@ManofSteel_2013 I think I'm going to pick up a copy of Superman: Earth One again. A lot of similarities.

So, which themes/plot-points/characters would be beneficial to MoS if borrowed from Earth One, and which (if any) would be bad?

Last edited:
Feels like the guy just wants attention now. I mean if he was at a screening is WB really okay with him saying all this.

Feels like the guy just wants attention now. I mean if he was at a screening is WB really okay with him saying all this.

Yeah; everything he's said until now has been generally safe and non-spoilerish, but this recent comparison to Earth-One is potentially very revealing. If I were a WB exec, I wouldn't want him to be making such explicit comparisons.

Braces self for potential emo Superman. :o

I just want something freaking new already. It would suck if we have to go through March without getting any new stills from the film.

I just want something freaking new already. It would suck if we have to go through March without getting any new stills from the film.
What exactly new you want?we have everything.Photos,posters,fantastic trailer.All we have to wait is for the movie.Personally i dont want any other spoiler.Only some posters with the characters,nothing else.

What exactly new you want?we have everything.Photos,posters,fantastic trailer.All we have to wait is for the movie.Personally i dont want any other spoiler.Only some posters with the characters,nothing else.

A few stills that feature Faora, the Kents, and Perry would be nice for starters, and we only have a grand total of 3 colored Stills from the film (superman in the desert, Jor-el, and Zod on Krypton).

I don't really count the Amy as Lois one because we never got a HQ version of that, let alone any in color.

And I really don't count the handcuff scene shot either since we saw that in a near identical frame from the trailer.

I don't think it's too much for anyone to ask for a bit more than that.

They should just release the comic-con trailer.
It's what they should have done in December. I cannot fathom why they did not.

If the movie IS too much like Earth One... I can see my reaction being similar to SR. Initially on a high and trying to justify it, then slowly realising i'm dissapointed when the inital rose tinted glasses fade :(

Earth One is not a story I wanna see introducing Superman to a modern audience...

I like Earth One, but the villain so boring and horribly designed, it's a huge sticking point. Replace him with Zod and his co-horts, which I imagine to be far more interesting, and that's a huge problem with EO fixed.
I know a lot of others don't like the graphic novel because Clark almost seems to resent having to save the day, as if he's being pushed into it. I think this has been changed for the film too. Goyer described him as an 'unabashed hero' , and we know Clark will be saving people from school buses and oil rig disasters before he becomes Superman. Remember his quote from the trailer. I suspect he's been wanting to use his powers all along, it's the world which isn't ready.

So perhaps what we have will be similiar in story to Earth One, but with some very important tonal differences?

I liked the villain in Earth One, in look he actually reminded me of the Hellboy 2 villain. I just hope by the time Earth One Vol. 3 is out we get abit more background on the villain as he was working for sone higher force which I assume is Brainiac.

If the movie IS too much like Earth One... I can see my reaction being similar to SR. Initially on a high and trying to justify it, then slowly realising i'm dissapointed when the inital rose tinted glasses fade :(

Earth One is not a story I wanna see introducing Superman to a modern audience...

I like Earth One, but the villain so boring and horribly designed, it's a huge sticking point. Replace him with Zod and his co-horts, which I imagine to be far more interesting, and that's a huge problem with EO fixed.
I know a lot of others don't like the graphic novel because Clark almost seems to resent having to save the day, as if he's being pushed into it. I think this has been changed for the film too. Goyer described him as an 'unabashed hero' , and we know Clark will be saving people from school buses and oil rig disasters before he becomes Superman. Remember his quote from the trailer. I suspect he's been wanting to use his powers all along, it's the world which isn't ready.

So perhaps what we have will be similiar in story to Earth One, but with some very important tonal differences?

I think it might be a mixture of Clark being somewhat hesitant to come out in the open like he was in Earth 1, but in the same time, unlike his Earth 1 counterpart, he will have more obvious innate heroic traits and a willingness to help people when called upon instead of just crying for several minutes on top of a rooftop as he tries to make up his mind while several people are being killed off.lol

From what I got in the interviews, Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan seem to understand that Superman isn't like Batman and that there's a good reason why he's considered the granddaddy of heroes.

Meaning, they would probably know as well that superman shouldn't be the DC version of Peter Parker as well.

I think the Earth One similarities are there to see in the trailer though. I don't think it's a negative at all. think about it with Jonathan Kent's maybe line it seems that his father didn't want him to use his powers. Not because he didn't want him to do the right thing but because as he says he feared the world would reject him. This is the test in the film it's obvious to see that the Army don't trust him and the people of earth will need convincing. If course he will be hesitant.

i wonder if the gag order has been lifted

I like some ideas and images from the origin, but as a whole I'm not a fan of the cold depiction of Superman. It just doesnt feel very much like Superman. Neither does the artwork.

Goyer seems to have taken a few things from each of these -

Superman: Earth One.
Superman: Birthright.
Superman: Secret Origins.
Superman: Man of Steel.

Goyer seems to have taken a few things from each of these -

Superman: Earth One.
Superman: Birthright.
Superman: Secret Origins.
Superman: Man of Steel.

It's one heck of a melting pot. The writer of Batman Begins, cherry picking the best parts from each of these titles, this film should be excellent.

Somebody posted in here regarding someone from Superman Homepage seeing the movie but it's disappeared. Any reason why it's gone, was it false or because the gag order is enforced?

It's one heck of a melting pot. The writer of Batman Begins, cherry picking the best parts from each of these titles, this film should be excellent.

:up: yes!

Somebody posted in here regarding someone from Superman Homepage seeing the movie but it's disappeared. Any reason why it's gone, was it false or because the gag order is enforced?

I never saw this did they say it was good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"