All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the shooting did hurt TDKR's box office and I guess that proves your point about them not needing a team up film to make a ton of moolah.

Shared universe hurts Marvel's films in my opinion so I'm not a huge fan of the idea of WB/DC following suit. I agree that WB should just focus on Supes if MOS is successful.
Well yeah, obviously it did. I think it was determined that it still wouldn't have beatene Avengers' OW, but we'll never know.

IMO team up films mostly help lesser known characters. Hawkeye wouldn't have gotten his own movie. Neither would Black Widow, and we all saw what happened to Hulk. But yeah, I think it would hold back Supes and Bats. They're already great on their own. Spiderman seems to be doing fine on his own too, rights issue notwithstanding.

I think people here are actually taking things quite calmly, if you compare this to how other subforums (cough cough) on this site take things.

I don't care about JL, I don't care about World's Finest, Bale, Nolan or whatever. All I care about is Man of Steel. You know the movie coming out that we have NO guarantee will be a hit that everyone automatically assumes it will be because someone says a dude who saw it said it's great? Yeah, heard that before. Even if it is, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

And I'd much rather get a new MOS still of Jonathan Kent sitting on a porch than another BS JL rumor.

Oh, and MOS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any JL crap.

Well yeah, obviously it did. I think it was determined that it still wouldn't have beatene Avengers' OW, but we'll never know.

IMO team up films mostly help lesser known characters. Hawkeye wouldn't have gotten his own movie. Neither would Black Widow, and we all saw what happened to Hulk. But yeah, I think it would hold back Supes and Bats. They're already great on their own. Spiderman seems to be doing fine on his own too, rights issue notwithstanding.
I don't think it would have outgrossed TA opening weekend or overall but I think it would have gotten nearer to TDK's total. But as you say we will never know.

Whoa. One of my posts just got deleted. Is a moderator allowed to delete my post if all I do is tell them, "Get of your high horse?"

Connect the dots my friend.

It's happening and it's FANTASTIC news IMO! :word:

I know right? Really hope itis true, if it is those reactions from Goyer and Nolan make sense

And I'd much rather get a new MOS still of Jonathan Kent sitting on a porch than another BS JL rumor.

Yes, absolutely!

We've had years and years of JL rumors, folks. Maybe this one is true, maybe not. But past experience tells me to just view it with a "meh, I'll wait for official news."

Whoa. One of my posts just got deleted. Is a moderator allowed to delete my post if all I do is tell them, "Get of your high horse?"

Actually. I didn't delete it, but yes. I can.

It was the content, not that it was directed at me.

I don't care about JL, I don't care about World's Finest, Bale, Nolan or whatever. All I care about is Man of Steel. You know the movie coming out that we have NO guarantee will be a hit that everyone automatically assumes it will be because someone says a dude who saw it said it's great? Yeah, heard that before. Even if it is, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Oh, and MOS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any JL crap.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Man of Steel 2 will probably still happen even if they make JL

It's going to be a hell of a ride once this movie is actually out, and it's success/lack of success is no longer speculation. So much is riding on it, there's just gonna be so much to debate about!

A quite long review over at imdb.com has been posted. Could there be any truth to this???

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=48816189&postcount=233

hmmm......this sounds nice and all......but.....I don't know.........

how do you see a screening of this by "accident?" lol

since it's rather general with no real specific spoilers, it sounds like something any of us could have come up with, based on the bits and pieces that we know.........

To be fair you are pretty high in my estimation.;)
kiss-my-ass.gif

:p

Showtime didn't delete it, I did. The saying is perfectly fine obviously but making fun of someones handicap is not something I'll tolerate.

Your post was deleted because it was hella tasteless.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"