All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Uhh yes.

That is why WB's shareholders/execs wants to give Nolan (Syncopy) and the creative team (Snyder, Goyer and Jonah) to oversee production and development of the DC Universe of films and a possible Worlds Finest and JL film(s).

They are the talent to get the job done right after the success of the solo superhero films of the Dark Knight Trilogy and the good buzz of Man Of Steel.

2. tomoe

tomoe Well-Known Member

Ah that's right sorry my bad. My memory was grasping at straws. Sigh...oh well.

3. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

4. JimJimBinks

JimJimBinks A friend

That last part right there is where I think you're wrong. Good buzz is fine and dandy, but none of this will happen if Man Of Steel doesn't perform well financially.
    Superman Returns had good buzz.
    There is no point I getting excited about this rumor when it all hinges on a movie that, good buzz or no, is not being marketed very well at the moment.

5. Poni_Boy

Poni_Boy Well-Known Member

Serious question: Does everyone (for the most part) understand the purpose of the Hollywood trades? Or is the general consensus that they are just news sites/blogs?

6. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

Hm, is that what Green Lantern was?

They're the company that could have done this all along, never did, and is only doing it now after someone else tested the waters for them. That's hard to get on board with on the first instant, and even less if it means potentially sullying a well-loved franchise.

7. JimJimBinks

JimJimBinks A friend

Personally, yes. However I don't think most people understand that.
    It didn't start out that way. It has been an ongoing transformation over the last decade and a half.

8. Poni_Boy

Yup, but even with their most recent transgressions they ar the most reliable and accurate entertainment news outlets by a wide, wide margin. People need to realize that at the end of the day Variety, Deadline and THR are the only news sources that matter because they're the ones the people in the business read. If they don't cover a rumor, the chance of that rumor having any validity is miniscule.

9. redfirebird2008

redfirebird2008 Well-Known Member

Well said. Would suck if they ruin the Bat trilogy's story to retroactively make this team-up work.

10. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Considering so many want to complain about TDKR, I don't think it would be much of a problem. By the way, I love it.

11. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

Even though I have big problems with Rises, I am not in favor of this at all and I wish WB would leave Nolan's trilogy well enough alone. Start fresh, solidify a new, younger batman unburdened by any sort of singular, self contained arc, and then pair him up with Cavil. God damn it, WB, you useless Fs.

12. DarthSkywalker

If Nolan is willing to do it, I don't understand the problem. That is the thing. If Bale and Nolan do it, there is no problem.

13. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

If Nolan and Bale sign up to do it, don't just complain that WB is "useless Fs."

14. DarthSkywalker

Exactly. Not like they could do it without them anyways.

15. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

:lmao:

This made me laugh. I think it's because it's so true.

16. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

I pray that Bale stays away from Batman. I like his movies but they are over and done with....time to move on

17. DarthSkywalker

If they can't move on to anything better, and I don't think they can, I say more Baleman.

18. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

I don't see how Nolan and Bale being involved negates WB's uselessness. They should be working towards a new Batman and introducing their other characters' solo films, not relying on the nostalgia of the old guard. And I am unconvinced how much Nolan cares. How much of it is artistic integrity and how much of it is irrefutable pay check the size of Texas?

19. ThePhantasm

So WB not caring about anything but money makes them useless F's, but Nolan not caring about anything but money wouldn't?

I'm not saying anything about WB's uselessness, you are. All I'm saying is that if Nolan and Bale are involved you should apply your critique across the board.

20. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

I think they are more than capable of doing so. Just stay away from the campy crap and take a SERIOUS tone...not a REALISTIC tone to the movies. Don't aim them specifically at children in hopes of making a buttload of cash off the toys. Make them more comic bookish and fantastical with villains such as Penguin, The Riddler, The Joker, Two-Face, Killer Croc, hell maybe even Man-Bat....

21. JimJimBinks

JimJimBinks A friend

While you're right, its odd that soooo many blogs are corroborating the story by saying they've heard similar rumblings.

It's all rumors at this point though.

22. ThePhantasm

I think a lot of them (coughjettforexamplecough) just say that to jump on the bandwagon.

23. Poni_Boy

Unfortunately most blogs/sites still rely on hits to pay the bills. The ones that don't, for the most part, steer clear of stuff like this.

24. Kal-El.9859

Kal-El.9859 Trust No One

exactly....they don't need to worry about Bale anymore. He won't do any more solo Batman movies unless Nolan is directing and Nolan has said that that particular Batman's story has been completed. Time to introduce people to a new Bruce Wayne/Batman.

25. redfirebird2008

redfirebird2008 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that was exactly the point he was making. Read his comment again:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.