All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goyer seems to have taken a few things from each of these -

Superman: Earth One.
Superman: Birthright.
Superman: Secret Origins.
Superman: Man of Steel.

While I haven't read Superman: Man of Steel, I think these would be on how the other comics tie in with MOS (the film)

1. Enemy tied with Krypton (Zod)- Superman: Earth One

2. Alien Invasion- Superman: Earth One & Birthright

3. Villain possessing some ultra advance mega weapon- Superman- Earth One

4. Clark's childhood being explored, along with how he came about coping with his powers- Secret Origins

5. Clark wandering around other parts of the world- Birthright

6. Budding Romance with Lois- Secret Origins

7. Army presented being against Superman at first- Secret Origins

etc.

:up: yes!

I never saw this did they say it was good?

Yes, they said it was amazing and of epic proportions.

I checked the twitter account of the person that was mentioned and couldn't find the tweet so am assuming it might be false or he's been asked to take it down.

Yes, they said it was amazing and of epic proportions.

I checked the twitter account of the person that was mentioned and couldn't find the tweet so am assuming it might be false or he's been asked to take it down.

That's what Nick Jones said, they retweeted his tweet

So far the only guy I have some confidence in telling the truth is the guy from Double Negative who worked on the movie and tweeted about a Feb 13 screening. I think everything else is up for debate.

Nikki Finke over at Deadline talking about the WB films in 2013 after another Bryan Singer misstep with Jack The Giant Slayer.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

and the hotly anticipated Man Of Steel which by many accounts overdelivers. (That’s the buzz following its first internal screening.)

Over at Deadline, Nikki Finke did a short article on the weak box office this weekend - pronouncing Jack The Giant Slayer a bomb. She then does a quick summary of WB’s woes:

“…continues what has been a disastrous beginning of the year for Warner Bros and its 4th straight box office dud – beginning with Gangster Squad and continuing through Bullet To The Head and Beautiful Creatures. Upcoming The Incredible Burt Wonderstone isn’t likely to deliver, either. By May, the studio’s slate should deliver big grosses starting with The Great Gatsby, The Hangover Part III, and the hotly anticipated Man Of Steel which by many accounts overdelivers. (That’s the buzz following its first internal screening.)"

So where’s Nikki getting her "buzz"? Nick Jones?[FONT=&quot] :cwink:

Edit: too late by 43 seconds. :woot:
[/FONT]

I think Deadline is more accurate then others.

Anyway, as for the Earth One comparisons. The comic con trailer has Jonathan saying something like "It's not from this world son and neither are you." That's very similiar to Earth One. Then again. That may have been said in most Superman origin stories.

Hang on didn't Jack have a good opening on Friday? It seems different websites say its positive and negative depending on which site you go on.

Hang on didn't Jack have a good opening on Friday? It seems different websites say its positive and negative depending on which site you go on.
Best case scenario seemed to be a $30M wknd (Finke is saying it’s more like $24M now). That’s fairly mediocre for a $195M budget. I suppose WB is hoping Jack has “legs” and strong foreign numbers.

Finke saying that is an incredibly good sign. Regardless of what some may think of her attitude her information is probably the most accurate in the entire business of movie news.

I'm also still sticking with the idea that WB will not proceed with the Justice League if MOS is both a critical and commercial success. Expect an MOS trilogy though and WB focusing on it diligently.

Jack could have had some legs but thanks to wrong release date picked up by WB, soon Disney's Oz will be earning all the money.

Even 30 mil opening weekend was a low figure, as even Green Lantern had 53 mil opening weekend.

Nick Jones was asked about the Zimmer score in MOS via twitter, and this was his answer:

It felt like a cross between Batman and Gladiator. I'm by no means a music guy so trying to describe it is tough.

For me, this description sounds really good, makes me think of the music from the trailer 2.

PS:

He also said John Wiliams score can't be topped.

Not surprising in the least. They pushed the marketing hard as one ever could but the material never looked appealing.

Oz: the Great & Powerful (also doesn't look good) will clobber it.

Edit

Last edited:
never thought jack would hit a chord..it never felt right.

Of course the John Williams theme can't be topped.
But Gladiator mixed with TDK theme.
Sounds very cool

I'm going in thinking jw's theme wont be topped. if it is, then its a bonus.

I heard that...thing is, even if the score in mos doesnt top jw's, if the movie is really good, not many will care.

Jack could have had some legs but thanks to wrong release date picked up by WB, soon Disney's Oz will be earning all the money.

Even 30 mil opening weekend was a low figure, as even Green Lantern had 53 mil opening weekend.
Yeah but GL was a summer release.

I'm going in thinking jw's theme wont be topped. if it is, then its a bonus.

I don't think it will be. I still don't think that Danny's Batman theme was topped, as great as Zimmer's is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"