All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure releasing a few stills on MOS's official FB page (as they did with TDKR) wouldn't cost them more than a dime.

Really? Even though those stills were already sold to Empire for their April issue? Or EW for their June spread?

Maybe a clip then, right? But what if that clip was already booked for an Entertainment Tonight exclusive?

Guys, it's way more complicated than most of you realize. Marketing strategies are in place months and months in advance. Some of you make it sound like WB is playing it day by day and hoping for the best.

I rarely say "trust me" but in this instance, trust me. Ask Showtime or FN Jamie. I think I'm the only journalist around that's cost WB millions of marketing money on one film.

R.I.P.D. is cataloged under WGAS - Who Gives a ****.

I still don't understand this instance that WB is failing because they're not pandering to fans

I still don't understand this insistence that WB shouldn't care about fans because it would cost them a negligible amount of cash.

How many hours is it in the US until it's the 06/03?

Wanna make sure I make this countdown thread when it's actually 100 days for the majority of hypesters :)

How so? The teaser was lackluster but damn near everyone loved the trailer.
All this talk about the new punching, fighting Superman, and honestly you can't really tell that from the marketing.

Really? Even though those stills were already sold to Empire for their April issue? Or EW for their June spread?

Maybe a clip then, right? But what if that clip was already booked for an Entertainment Tonight exclusive?

Guys, it's way more complicated than most of you realize. Marketing strategies are in place months and months in advance. Some of you make it sound like WB is playing it day by day and hoping for the best.

I rarely say "trust me" but in this instance, trust me. Ask Showtime or FN Jamie. I think I'm the only journalist around that's cost WB millions of marketing money on one film.
From what you say,it seems that they have taken 10 pics in a year of shooting..5 for Empire and 5 for EW..They have tons of pics, from every damn angle, it's not that hard to give it to a generic site and make it spread..

For what it is worth, my Dad is a huge Superman fan. Huge. And he was unimpressed by the trailer. I loved the trailer, but he was unimpressed. Basically his reaction was "I guess it might be good, but I'll have to see more."

I still don't understand this insistence that WB shouldn't care about fans because it would cost them a negligible amount of cash.

They don't care? What world do you live in?

You have two teases, a trailer that's currently playing in theaters worldwide, stills being released every month through magazines and a poster that's in almost every movie theater in the country. You just want more, more more and you want it now.

Oh, and you'll be there opening weekend even if they don't release anything else until the movie comes out. THAT is why they don't pander to people like you. No need to waste money. It is a business after all.

If we are honest, these trailers have been just as moody as the SR first one was. The action adventure is not there.

I'm sure WB absolutely has tons of set pictures that they've taken (every film production does this). They could release one every now and then for next to no cost. Doesn't even have to be spoilery stuff. Just stuff to keep them engaged with their fans.

And guess what? Its fans who drive a lot of pre-film word of mouth.

How many hours is it in the US until it's the 06/03?

Wanna make sure I make this countdown thread when it's actually 100 days for the majority of hypesters :)

It will be 7 hours at the turn of the hour (check the time stamp on this post assuming you see this in the next 7 mins). If it helps, London is 5 hours ahead of the US East coast.

You almost gave me a heart attack because we do our dates MM/DD/YY, so I thought the UK was getting MOS on June 3rd!!

So you want a high-powered business that has to cater to other projects to fulfill your entitled needs? Yes, god forbid that fans don't get their bottle.

You have two teases, a trailer that's currently playing in theaters worldwide, stills being released every month through magazines and a poster that's in almost every movie theater in the country. You just want more, more more and you want it now.

Oh, and you'll be there opening weekend even if they don't release anything else until the movie comes out. THAT is why they don't pander to people like you. No need to waste money. It is a business after all.
What world do you live in?

rereact3_zpsbbc1a508.gif

I'm sure WB absolutely has tons of set pictures that they've taken (every film production does this). They could release one every now and then for next to no cost. Doesn't even have to be spoilery stuff. Just stuff to keep them engaged with their fans.

And guess what? Its fans who drive a lot of pre-film word of mouth.
What I keep saying :cwink:

From what you say,it seems that they have taken 10 pics in a year of shooting..5 for Empire and 5 for EW..They have tons of pics, from every damn angle, it's not that hard to give it to a generic site and make it spread..

You're missing the point. It's all ACCOUNTED FOR months in advance. Every pic the release is counted off and specifically selected. Every image that goes up in high resolution on their press site is scrutinized and touched up to make sure it's what they want to release and doesn't spoil the movie.

Seriously guys, educate yourselves. It's not hard to compare what's happening with MOS with every single big budget superhero movie that has come out already. We go through this every single year. Come May people will be *****ing and moaning about TOO MUCH stuff being released. Christ.

It will be 7 hours at the turn of the hour (check the time stamp on this post assuming you see this in the next 7 mins).

You almost gave me a heart attack because we do our dates MM/DD/YY, so I thought the UK was getting MOS on June 3rd!!

:funny: I wish!

Sorry, I forgot about that :)

Well in 7 hours it'll be 5am here. I'm getting up for work at 5.30, is that acceptable? :hehe:

I've been making a polite argument throughout this thread. A polite critique of their marketing. All I'm being responded to with is rudeness and "WB doesn't owe you anything." Okay. If I can't have a pleasant conversation with you guys, I'll just come back later when WB actually gives us something to talk about.

Later, all.

You're missing the point. It's all ACCOUNTED FOR months in advance. Every pic the release is counted off and specifically selected. Every image that goes up in high resolution on their press site is scrutinized and touched up to make sure it's what they want to release and doesn't spoil the movie.

Seriously guys, educate yourselves. It's not hard to compare what's happening with MOS with every single big budget superhero movie that has come out already. We go through this every single year. Come May people will be *****ing and moaning about TOO MUCH stuff being released. Christ.
We'll see..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"