All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read some new STID spoilers - it's going to open HUGE, and implode... Seriously, the spoilers for who BC is playing? SO pointless....

OTOH, we STILL don't know what's happening in MOS. We can guess, we can assume, but there is still SO much unknown.

I'm totally impressed.

Ahhh but that's not the thing that mentions the prometheus styled helmet unless he said that in a later post.

Ah, that may have come in after I decided to avoid possibly spoiler ridden accounts of the film. So I dunno!

MOS is about illegal immigration. Zod is going to be like: You guys accepted our last son, why can't we stay too?

PS. Let us rule you.

I had a look at the SFX magazine its not really saying the next issue with be a Man of Steel special but it is the feature and there's an interview wit Henry Cavill.

MOS is about illegal immigration. Zod is going to be like: You guys accepted our last son, why can't we stay too?

PS. Let us rule you.

zod: hi im zod
suprman: r u south american or something??

Marvels little phase 2 release sure seems to be getting some internet coverage.
Hopefully MoS really steps up to the plate and shows the other side of the game.

Marvels little phase 2 release sure seems to be getting some internet coverage.
Hopefully MoS really steps up to the plate and shows the other side of the game.
No..I think WB must wait till STID and IM3 finish their promotion, then WB must wait till the Marvel Phase 2 is over to start marketing MoS, because it might get lost in the buzz..sarcasm :word:

No..I think WB must wait till STID and IM3 finish their promotion, then WB must wait till the Marvel Phase 2 is over to start marketing MoS, because it might get lost in the buzz..sarcasm :word:

Actually that's quiet smart. Why waste your money between the big dogs when you can have all the space for you a whole month and a half after that?

Actually that's quiet smart. Why waste your money between the big dogs when you can have all the space for you a whole month and a half after that?

That implies that MOS is a little dog. Why wouldn't the situation be that the other "big dogs" are threatened by MOS' marketing, rather than the other way around?

Releasing concept art or stills builds all kinds of internet buzz(in this day and age) and I can't imagine it costs all that much to do.

Does it even cost anything?

A lot of these defenses of WB's marketing seem to me to betray an underlying fear that MOS might not be able to stand up to the competition face-to-face (as well as a completely misguided perception that audiences will only get excited about one film at a time).

Releasing concept art or stills builds all kinds of internet buzz(in this day and age) and I can't imagine it costs all that much to do.

Does it even cost anything?

Not at all. All films take set pics and produce stills for use in promotional material. WB should already have them. All it takes to get them out there is one little press of a button, and whoosh they are on the MOS official FB or Twitter page. Piece of cake. Social networking does the rest.

Another week...and no EW cover for MOS. :(

A lot of these defenses of WB's marketing seem to me to betray an underlying fear that MOS might not be able to stand up to the competition face-to-face (as well as a completely misguided perception that audiences will only get excited about one film at a time).

Right on piont quite frankly.

Not at all. All films take set pics and produce stills for use in promotional material. WB should already have them. All it takes to get them out there is one little press of a button, and whoosh they are on the MOS official FB or Twitter page. Piece of cake. Social networking does the rest.

It's also never been done by WB, because they want to keep MOS spoiler free.

Could WB release stills? Yes, of course.

But... Why?

MOS is 100% complete. Concept art of a finished film? No.

Concept art of films going into production? Maybe.

Could WB have released concept art for MOS when it started filming? Yes, but I'm glad they didn't.

Have another look at the concept art released by Marvel - 2 for CA2 (the least successful Marvel Universe film group), actual film stills from Thor 2 (showing.... Nothing), and lots of art for Ant Man and GOTG - without doubt, THE riskiest Marvel project yet. Audience awareness - zero.

If WB released concept art for MOS, will the GA pay attention? No, the hardcore fans will only. They've already got that audience aware, so why pander additionally to them now?

Just be bloody patient.

I'm gonna say this again. We have seen next to nothing of MOS, but people ARE aware of it. Are we as aware as STID, or IM3? No. But right now, we don't need to be.

I have had SO much of these 2 May films spoiled by December last year, that my interest has dropped. With 1 month to go, how many more scenes are gonna be spoiled? Odds are I'll know almost the entire plot before either movie is released. Talk about blowing your load...

WHY would you want MOS to have the same approach???

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/da-vinc...vincis-demons-man-of-steel-2-cannibalism-more

Tom Riley:
TR: I think he probably has seasons two, three and four of this show mapped out, of another show he’s probably going to invent, of Man of Steel, of Man of Steel 2… I think he’s probably just got it all going on. His is an amazing mind.

And you’d be on board for future seasons should they come up?
TR: Oh yeah, absolutely. And I’ll be in Man of Steel 2! It’s one of those shows that you don’t want to let go of.

Speaking of Man of Steel, and the Justice League, have you been able to wheedle out any…
TR: [Interrupting] I know everything.

Do you now?

TR: Everything. Everything. Can’t tell you a thing though.

LH:
[Laughing] I know nothing!

Just one thing, a small one?

TR: All I’ll tell you is… Because Batman is the only one who has no powers, halfway through, he wants super-speed, so he cooks and eats The Flash.
Has this been posted yet?

So much for people here wanting new news, or that you guys put me on ignore. lol. :whatever:

Last edited:
Another possibilty is that they havent released a lot about action scenes because they only have a few Major Action Setpieces , Like SR.

mad_sci, you have to spoil some things to build interest in marketing. That's what marketing is for.

However, you don't have to spoil anything major. A few promo pics of Zod wouldn't spoil much. A few promo pics of Lois wouldn't spoil much. Its not like you have to dish out plot points. The "marketing = spoilers so that's why WB is avoiding it" argument is absurd. That's a completely backwards way to think about marketing.

But then, it is right in line with your argument from yesterday that "marketing is only to create awareness, not build interest." :whatever:

Also, where has WB stated that they want to keep MOS "spoiler free?" I keep seeing this touted as fact, as if that's the reason behind their whole marketing strategy, when I've never seen such a statement from the horse's mouth.

Also, where has WB stated that they want to keep MOS "spoiler free?" I keep seeing this touted as fact, as if that's the reason behind their whole marketing strategy, when I've never seen such a statement from the horse's mouth.

Goyer implied that to be the reason behind the secretive marketing-also let us know that its Nolan doing.

That implies that MOS is a little dog. Why wouldn't the situation be that the other "big dogs" are threatened by MOS' marketing, rather than the other way around?

They're all big dogs :) (Although they're certainly in a better place for being sequels to successful films)

But why go against them when you don't need to?

ST and IM3 have to go against each other, they don't have a choice. MoS have a privilege they don't have.

The strongest marketing happens the last few weeks, that's April for them, they will put every last marketing card they have in this period, MoS can't do that, they launch a month and a half later.

The same goes for them if they were in MoS's place. Why go against MoS's full power marketing with your weaker campaign when you have whole weeks all for you?

Last edited:
But why go against them when you don't need to?

Why avoid them if you don't have to? The GA can be excited about multiple films at one time. Given that MOS won't have to compete that much with Star Trek and IM3 in terms of ticket sales due to its release date, it shouldn't really be threatened that much by the marketing of those two films.

I feel like there should be a separate thread called "WB's MoS Marketing Strategy Discussion".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"