All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many are willing to embargo TV Spots? I am considering it!

It's very exciting to me now that we've seen more action shots how much of the actual action that will be unknown to us until we actually see the film in theaters.
We've seen about 30 seconds of action shots. Okay, maybe 40.

I will be staying away from any further spoilerish tv spots that may be released. The only other thing I would watch is another trailer but that's not going to happen.

Yeah I played through the campaign over the weekend, it was pretty damn good, dare i say the best pure beat em up storyline ever? (not that it's saying much)

Most definitely. And seeing all the cut scenes together like that, it's like a DC Animated movie, very good story...Superman vs Superman hehe.

Fun to see what a pissed off Superman can do.

if people don't want to see Superman share he screen with other heroes I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed in the coming future...

How many are willing to embargo TV Spots? I am considering it!

I might if they start showing too much.

if people don't wang to see Superman share he screen with other heroes I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed in the coming future...

I think what people are worried about is Superman's universe being tainted/sullied because of the other heroes he's sharing his universe with. And I share that feeling.

Apologies if this has been already posted, I've been away for a while.

Some of you are aware of the Injustice game which centres around a superman story line. If any of you are fans of Justice League and DC characters, you need to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAh6QN5Uk

Its like a full length movie, and you get to see what Superman would be if he lost the plot. Very entertaining. Quite long, 1hr 50min.......

Again, apologies if already posted.

Cool stuff. The comics have been pretty entertaining too.

I remember with TDK, the TV spots almost gave away the WHOLE movie. I am not going to watch those again. Hopefully WB will not give us much more, but like you DarkVengeance, I will watch one more "movie" trailer.

Yeah this will be the one film, I may not even log on to The Hype for because of all of the spoilers for it will be coming shortly.

I might if they start showing too much.

I think what people are worried about is Superman's universe being tainted/sullied because of the other heroes he's sharing his universe with. And I share that feeling.

I'm not worried about it...hopefully WB has learned from past mistakes, and it seems they have....I have confidence in them delivering an A++ Superman movie and then upcoming Justice League movie...can't wait

if people don't want to see Superman share he screen with other heroes I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed in the coming future...

Not really. I don't care to see a Justice League film right now, but other fans want it and I'll be happy for them. I will be happy if it turns out to be good. I just don't trust WB with characters outside of Batman and Superman.

Not really. I don't care to see a Justice League film right now, but other fans want it and I'll be happy for them. I will be happy if it turns out to be good. I just don't trust WB with characters outside of Batman and Superman.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I remember with TDK, the TV spots almost gave away the WHOLE movie. I am not going to watch those again. Hopefully WB will not give us much more, but like you DarkVengeance, I will watch one more "movie" trailer.

For me, I don't think it's the spots that give away plot points as much as it is the endless analysis of those spots on this board. I know I should stay away but I won't be able to. The curse of being a Superman fan, I guess.

Wonder Woman is such a cool character. If Thor can work then she should be able to. Unfortunately there is a history of action movies with a female lead not working.

For me, I don't think it's the spots that give away plot points as much as it is the endless analysis of those spots on this board. I know I should stay away but I won't be able to. The curse of being a Superman fan, I guess.

I obviously wasn't on this great board at the time, so all the analysis I had was through official trailers and TV spots. So much was shown about the Joker and his apprehension that I expected him to be in the first scene behind bars. To my bewilderment, he was actually captured in the middle of the movie. It really confused my initial viewing of a GREAT movie. I had watched TOO MANY TV spots. Not this time!! I hope...:)

^ Then don't MAKE it an action movie. Make it a drama about assimilation, and THEN add the action ONCE you've cared about WW and her environment.

Apologies if this has been already posted, I've been away for a while.

Some of you are aware of the Injustice game which centres around a superman story line. If any of you are fans of Justice League and DC characters, you need to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAh6QN5Uk

Its like a full length movie, and you get to see what Superman would be if he lost the plot. Very entertaining. Quite long, 1hr 50min.......

Again, apologies if already posted.

I doubt I'll play the game but I was curious about the story. Thanks for the link :up:

man-of-steel-wal-mart-tickets.jpg

They gave away nothin of Two Face or the third act.

I obviously wasn't on this great board at the time, so all the analysis I had was through official trailers and TV spots. So much was shown about the Joker and his apprehension that I expected him to be in the first scene behind bars. To my bewilderment, he was actually captured in the middle of the movie. It really confused my initial viewing of a GREAT movie. I had watched TOO MANY TV spots. Not this time!! I hope...:)

Heh, I was lurking on the Hype at the time and I knew the Joker would break out halfway into the movie. I don't think it interfered too much with my enjoyment of the movie but I sometimes wonder what it would've been like had I gone in completely unspoiled.

For those who might be interested, I "translated" the Kryptonian text from DSRW :hehe:

So somebody asked me to "transliterate" this Kryptonian script into Latin transcription. Bear in mind I have NO idea what MOS's Kryptonian language sounds like but it was fun trying to think of what it might sound like. It's what we "conlangers" like to do for fun :hehe:

8xuf51.jpg

Kryptonian:
Hóxh vurk'tā síyktā edeag.
(You alone are not.)

English:
You alone are not

This is based solely on pure assumption by eyeballing the letters, and assuming that Kryptonians write left-to-right as we do. The vowels appear to be the smaller, closed off characters, while the consonants are fuller "glyphs," written in one stroke.

The curves atop the "brackets" seem to appear over the vowel characters, and to a degree I've identified three "types" of vowels:
  1. 1) a "plain" vowel is where there is no break in the bracket above a vowel character.
  2. 2) a "weak" vowel, where a short forward curve breaks the bracket (see the first "word"); this vowel is written with a simple accent or stress mark (ex.: á)
  3. 3) a "strong" or "fortified" vowel, where the bracket is broken by a large backward curve. This vowel is written with a "macron" (ex.: ā)

The last word is really peculiar, and I can only guess that this is how vowel "diphthongs" are written, one vowel on top of the other. But there you go :woot:

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"