All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Kids books come out today right?
Hope someone scans the Superman's Powers book.
Kinda wanna know if they are keeping the ice breath.

I thought we got the scans from the kids book last week.

I understand the vibe and hate would be too strong a word for my taste but I just don't like metal-ish scores for films. And I'm not a traditionalists at all like a lot of John Williams fanboys. I don't need every score to sound the same as scores sounded in the 70's and early 80's. I mean Brad Fidel's synth T2 score is excellent and I loved the Social Network's music. I've just always disliked hard rock metal scores for films. It's cheesy to me, faux cool b.s.

Agreed.

Those Kids books come out today right?
Hope someone scans the Superman's Powers book.
Kinda wanna know if they are keeping the ice breath.

My B&N has the Powers book. i just called. :woot:

But Andreth....

Your mother smells like a monster. I nanetheg thia sui úan

http://www.realelvish.net/phraseboo...teral=on&column_translated=on&submit=Show+me!

:lmao:

tumblr_mdjju3LvSZ1qfyepx.gif

Ah those elves and their sophisticated yo mama jokes
:p

Apparently on Wednesday, a MOS "sneak peak" will be shown during Modern Family.
I remember Kal-El.9859 talking about that last night. He saw an announcement on tv.

Been reading the posts for the past few pages.

Let me get this straight. NO ONE here saw the third MOS trailer played in theatres when they went to see pretty much every big movie currently in theatres? (Iron Man, Oblivion, etc.)

If MOS flops or does "ok" at the box office, it will be entirely WB's fault by this point for their extremely poor marketing. What's worse is that if MOS indeed doesn't do as well as it should have, we will see the "super haters" go on and on about how MOS' box office results clearly proves that Superman cannot be successful in the 21st century. They said the same thing about SR when it came out, even though the main reason why that movie didn't do great was due to poor marketing and being an almost carbon copy of the Donner films.

hmmmmm........do I dare read the kids books and spoil myself??

:hmm

Been reading the posts for the past few pages.

Let me get this straight. NO ONE here saw the third MOS trailer played in theatres when they went to see pretty much every big movie currently in theatres? (Iron Man, Oblivion, etc.)

If MOS flops or does "ok" at the box office, it will be entirely WB's fault by this point for their extremely poor marketing. What's worse is that if MOS indeed doesn't do as well as it should have, we will see the "super haters" go on and on about how MOS' box office results clearly proves that Superman cannot be successful in the 21st century. They said the same thing about SR when it came out, even though the main reason why that movie didn't do great was due to poor marketing and being an almost carbon copy of the Donner films.

I saw it with Oblivion here in the US.

Apparently on Wednesday, a MOS "sneak peak" will be shown during Modern Family.
I remember Kal-El.9859 talking about that last night. He saw an announcement on tv.
Really? Very cool. Why am I not seeing this talked about more?

Modern Family? So I guess they are trying to market it to women, I don't expect a lot of action to be shown...I wonder if the will highlight the romance?

After the disappointment that is Iron Man 3, I surely hope the other metal man this summer delivers big time.

After the disappointment that is Iron Man 3, I surely hope the other metal man this summer delivers big time.
Glad I'm not the only one. It's an enjoyable film. But i am reading reviews and thinking "Did i see the same film they saw?" I just didn't find the film THAT impressive. It's better than IM2 though.

When I saw Oblivion, I got no Man of Steel trailer. Was definitely a bummer. Almost as disappointing as the movie!

What's weird is the first trailer they showed was... The Heat. The Heat? A Fox buddy cop comedy trailer in front of a Universal sci-fi drama? Odd. But no Man of Steel.

I understand the vibe and hate would be too strong a word for my taste but I just don't like metal-ish scores for films. And I'm not a traditionalists at all like a lot of John Williams fanboys. I don't need every score to sound the same as scores sounded in the 70's and early 80's. I mean Brad Fidel's synth T2 score is excellent and I loved the Social Network's music. I've just always disliked hard rock metal scores for films. It's cheesy to me, faux cool b.s.

What kind of scores do you mean in particular? Often it seems that it's just poppy hooks dressed up with electric guitars and drums. There is a lot of very cinematic sounding metal, without sounding like metal arrangements of orchestral tunes.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's an enjoyable film. But i am reading reviews and thinking "Did i see the same film they saw?" I just didn't find the film THAT impressive. It's better than IM2 though.

Oh, you're definitely not the only one. But don't go to the Iron Man section of this forum and try to explain why, because you'll be eaten out alive. :funny:

Oh, you're definitely not the only one. But don't go to the Iron Man section of this forum and try to explain why, because you'll be eaten out alive. :funny:
There is a reason I haven't really posted my thoughts about it :oldrazz:

I think the thing that pisses me off about IM3 the most
is the unnecessary twist of Mandarin. I mean Ben just did an interview where he said that he would have actually liked to play Mandarin as a real villain. Wasted opportunity for the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"