All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what sucks for me? That MoS doesn't open until the 26th here... That's gonna be some painful 12 days when the majority of you guys and girls here has seen it and discussing and hopefully gushing away, while I'm still waiting. I can't even lurk the boards cause of the spoiler risk

Ouch. But that's nothing compared to the TWO MONTH-long wait that I had to endure for Green Lantern, a movie I was highly anticipating. It opened here in ****ing August, after half the globe had declared that it sucked. At that point I figured "Why stay away from reviews?" When I finally watched it, my expectations were at rock bottom. A lame experience all around.

When I saw Oblivion, I got no Man of Steel trailer. Was definitely a bummer. Almost as disappointing as the movie!

What's weird is the first trailer they showed was... The Heat. The Heat? A Fox buddy cop comedy trailer in front of a Universal sci-fi drama? Odd. But no Man of Steel.

I got the Heat, too, with my showing of Oblivion.

I'm hoping to see the trailer again with IM3. I'm sure that crowd will be WAY MORE responsive to it than the Oblivion crowd.

Oh, you're definitely not the only one. But don't go to the Iron Man section of this forum and try to explain why, because you'll be eaten out alive. :funny:

Lol Just wait until after MOS comes out. If the majority of us like it and it lives up to what we've been waiting for finally... :exp::fst::woo

I got the Heat, too, with my showing of Oblivion.

I'm hoping to see the trailer again with IM3. I'm sure that crowd will be WAY MORE responsive to it than the Oblivion crowd.
Crossed fingers. I'd love to see the latest trailer on the big screen, and seeing it in front of another superhero movie with a generally like-minded crowd would be a plus. :up:

I'm just thankful I got to see ANY MOS trailer in the theater, after my bad luck of not seeing any with TDKR, Hobbit, and Oz.

What kind of scores do you mean in particular? Often it seems that it's just poppy hooks dressed up with electric guitars and drums. There is a lot of very cinematic sounding metal, without sounding like metal arrangements of orchestral tunes.
Scores like Iron Man and The Crow. I don't know how else to explain it I just mostly dislike hard rock or semi hard rock soundtracks.

There was this scene were in At Worlds End when Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth are walking on the beach trying to look cool and then some heavy rockish guitar queue comes in and I remember just hating it.

Ouch. But that's nothing compared to the TWO MONTH-long wait that I had to endure for Green Lantern, a movie I was highly anticipating. It opened here in ****ing August, after half the globe had declared that it sucked. At that point I figured "Why stay away from reviews?" When I finally watched it, my expectations were at rock bottom. A lame experience all around.

My expectations for that movie were insanely high too. Please let history not repeat itself!

Lol Just wait until after MOS comes out. If the majority of us like it and it lives up to what we've been waiting for finally... :exp::fst::woo

After Iron Man 3's false marketing and advertising, I'm really hoping Man of Steel destroys it both critically and at the box office. I know it's unlikely for MOS to beat it at the box office but a guy can dream :yay:.

what's this about IM3's false marketing and advertising??

what's this about IM3's false marketing and advertising??

The marketing promised to have the Mandarin in it. This was the IRON MAN VS. MANDARIN story that has been hyped up since the first Iron Man movie. Turned out that the Mandarin himself was just a drunk actor hired by Killian (Guy Pierce's character) to pose as a terrorist so that Killian could have his revenge on Tony for something Tony did to him many years ago.

Heck, apparently most of the iconic lines the Mandarin says in the trailer are not in the movie and are just there for shock value as well as some of the scenes from the trailer like the scene with a tattoo of Cap's shield on his neck.

The marketing promised to have the Mandarin in it. This was the IRON MAN VS. MANDARIN story that has been hyped up since the first Iron Man movie. Turned out that the Mandarin himself was just a drunk actor hired by Killian (Guy Pierce's character) to pose as a terrorist so that Killian could have his revenge on Tony for something Tony did to him many years ago.

Heck, apparently most of the iconic lines the Mandarin says in the trailer are not in the movie and are just there for shock value as well as some of the scenes from the trailer like the scene with a tattoo of Cap's shield on his neck.

W........T.........F???!!!!! :wow: :csad: :cmad:

The Weekend Warrior's 2013 Summer Box Office
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/interviewsnews.php?id=103553

With so many big movies in May you'd think there isn't much left for the rest of summer, but there are two more comic book superhero movies picking up where Iron Man 3 leaves off with the Zack Snyder Superman movie Man of Steel (Warner Bros. – June 14) expected to be an enormous blockbuster as it introduces British actor Henry Cavill as Clark Kent aka Superman.

Warner Bros. really needs to get this franchise right this time after Bryan Singer's less-than-well-received Superman Returns, which still cracked $200 million but even moreso after the dud Green Lantern. Snyder may have one of the most Oscar-nominated casts in the history of superhero movies starting with Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent and Russell Crowe as Superman's birth father Jor-El. That's a lot of quality actors, a much higher caliber than any movies outside of Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight” series, and there's going to be a lot of excitement from Superman fans from young to old. We would be shocked if this one doesn't open in the $90 million range and if it doesn't keep bringing in business over the rest of the month of June and July on its way to $300 million or even more, although it has quite a bit of competition in the weeks that follow.
The Weekend Warrior's Summer Top 15

I've placed an asterisk next to two or three which I feel could break out and do even bigger business depending on word-of-mouth, quality.

1. Iron Man 3 (Marvel Studios/Disney – May 2)

$155 million opening - $405 million total

2. Monsters University (Disney•Pixar - June 21)

$85 million opening - $315 million

3. Man of Steel (Warner Bros. – June 14)

$88 million opening - $296 million total

4. Despicable Me 2 (Universal – July 3)

Weds. & Thurs. $33 million; weekend: $54 million - $275 million total

5. Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount – May 15)

$103 million opening - $268 million total

6. Fast & Furious 6 (Universal – May 24)

$105 million (4-day) opening - $220 million total

7. The Wolverine (20th Century Fox – July 26)

$78 million opening - $170 million total

8. The Hangover Part III (Warner Bros. - May 24)

$74 million (4-day) weekend - $168 million total

9. White House Down (Sony - June 28)

$48 million weekend - $153 million total*

9. The Smurfs 2 (Sony – July 31)

Weds. & Thurs $20 million; $31 million weekend; $133 million total

10. Grown Ups 2 (Sony – July 12)

$42 million opening - $128 million total

11. Turbo (DreamWorks Animation/Fox – July 17)

$38 million (5-day) opening - $125 million

12. Pacific Rim (Legendary/WB – July 12)

$45 million opening - $120 million total*

13. The Heat (20th Century Fox – June 28)

$26 million opening - $115 million total*

14. The Lone Ranger (Disney – July 3)

Weds. & Thurs $26 million; weekend $28 million - $115 million total

15. Elysium (Sony - August 9)

$35 million opening - $110 million total*

I'm..........still going to see IM3.........cuz it has robot armor thingies and explosions and stuff..............

and maybe MOS trailer!!

:oldrazz:

Personally I loved and enjoyed every second of IM3

I always laugh when people predict like 296 ... as if Warner Bros isn't going to do everything in their power to get that to 300 if it's that close, like they did with The Hobbit.

In terms of the score samples ... a few good clips, but they're too short to amount to much of anything.

It's an enjoyable film i guess. But **** does it have its problems. I will say, one positive to the film is how Pepper gets to do a bit more. :woot:

So...did they say how long the sneak peek or something was going to be? As previously posted its probably going to be aimed towards women, so I guess that means more Clois.

Same. IM3 spoilers:

The people who are hurt about The Mandarin being an actor and complaining he's not in the film, need to remember he was in fact there, the whole time, he was just working in secret, pulling the strings from the shadows. Killian even professes 'I am the Mandarin' with his shirt off, revealing some cool dragon like tattoo's, looking exactly as the Mandarin should. He's not the right ethnicity, conventionally speaking, but then again neither is Ben Kingsley.

He's there, people just get hung up on the twist part. The twist isn't that the character doesn't exist in the film, the twist is which person the title really belongs to.

And as for All Things Superman...erm.... How about those Hans Zimmer samples ey folks? :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"