All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new here. Been reading these forums since the first Spiderman movie. Can't wait for Man of Steel.

What if the ship he's pushing into space is what we assume is the fortress? Maybe he's sending his ships into space so that they don't lead others to Earth, like Zod. So Jor-el being on the ship is to symbolize saying goodbye to his biological father.
Welcome to SHH! :yay:

Great theory. Sounds plausible.

tumblr_mm5kp65AV01qgb3zso2_250.gif

Awesome, like that I can see that a lot clearer now.

Also --

Superman Returns did NOT come up with Christ imagery and allusions. Shuster and Siegal DID.

"El" means God, so Kal-El is the son of "god." And Clark's adoptive parents were originally named Mary and Joseph. It has absolutely nothing to do with Superman Returns and everything to do with Action Comics # 1.

connor i see your point, but as soon as i made issue with it they started with troll comments instead of discussing the point i was making. i was trying to get back on track but they were being immature. boo hoo i made issue with a couple things from mos. guess what? i'm a big fan and look forward to the movie. am i supposed to fawn over every detail if i have different instincts for how i think it should look on film? come on

i'm not saying it ruins the movie, but i don't understand why go back to superman returns cinematography? dark images and christ references again? please no :(

it's not a homage to Superman returns cinematography :whatever:, the christ analogy for Superman has been there before SR and will still be there after Man of Steel.

hell, even smallville did it!

you tool, i said i didn't like the cinematography of the christ pose reference because it was like sr. i didn't mention anything about the mythos.

Considering that you're incapable of making a ''point'' without repeating the same thing ad nauseam, I'd disagree on who's the ''tool'' here.:yay:

Hi, new here. Been reading these forums since the first Spiderman movie. Can't wait for Man of Steel.

What if the ship he's pushing into space is what we assume is the fortress? Maybe he's sending his ships into space so that they don't lead others to Earth, like Zod. So Jor-el being on the ship is to symbolize saying goodbye to his biological father.

2hefzhhjpg.gif
......interesting theory

naw. opinions are valued, even opposing ones, but to keep on posting images of the same old tired thing gets old.

it's not a homage to Superman returns cinematography :whatever:, the christ analogy for Superman has been there before SR and will still be there after Man of Steel.

hell, even smallville did it!

Hell the shots don't even look that similar apart from the pose. Even that's different enough.

Jor-El in space theorys >>>>>>>>>> Christ allegory *****ing.

Just realized that's the same kid who was going on and on about the silver S shield last week.

i have only complained about some aesthetics that admittedly won't break the film for me. i have been very supportive of the direction the movie is going in. i only complain about color scheme being a bit dark and it changes mood for superman imo

The thing with the Birthright ending is that I'm somewhat torn about it. I think as an idea it takes away some of the poetic quality of Jor-El and Lara dying with the hope that their son has made it. At the same time, the execution in the book was so emotional and brilliant, one couldn't help but love it. So if they did it in MoS, I really hope they nailed it. It's a concept that, if it doesn't have that impact, will quite easily feel cheap.

If they make the chronology jump (leave the reveal to the end of the movie) they'd have both versions, kind of. I just think it's such a merciful and beautiful thing to do, to give them the five seconds-long peace of mind of knowing their son made it. If I saw that in the film, I'd leave with a level of satisfaction of 10000000, and I'd buy another ticket on the spot.

Then again, maybe we're all jumping to conclusions and it's just some random villain?

This is such a bad-ass little shot.

abtFZveH.gif

Jor-El in space theorys >>>>>>>>>> Christ allegory *****ing.
We think there is a hologram of Jor-El in the FOS.

Could that be Superman pushing the FOS into orbit, with the hologram watching?

That's probably too far fetched.

green i only reposted in protest to all the troll comments from the initial posting of my point. troll spray and garbage because i reference that i don't like christ symbolism shown with superman returns style cinematography. notice i had no issue with the christ pose in water? it was fine, i just think this overdoes it

That shot of Amy in the new Tv spot is divine by the way !
Too old to play Lois my ass :o

green i only reposted in protest to all the troll comments from the initial posting of my point. troll spray and garbage because i reference that i don't like christ symbolism shown with superman returns style cinematography. notice i had no issue with the christ pose in water? it was fine, i just think this overdoes it
For the love of all that is holy, just frigging drop it.

I understand. We all now know you dont like the crucifixion pose, so is there really any need to keep posting it and comparing it to SR?? just asking.
If you are looking forward to it, then concentrate on my voic....I mean, what you do like about it.

God Kryptonian God, you're such a tool. :o

he completely missed my point. it wasn't just about "christ reference" in terms of the character. it was the cinematography looked very much like the superman returns scene. i liked the pose in the water, but this just overdoes it a bit. no big deal, but don't make a response insulting my superman knowledge of mythos when it wasn't even the point i was making. :o

tumblr_mm5kp65AV01qgb3zso2_250.gif

Awesome, like that I can see that a lot clearer now.

Also --

Superman Returns did NOT come up with Christ imagery and allusions. Shuster and Siegal DID.

"El" means God, so Kal-El is the son of "god." And Clark's adoptive parents were originally named Mary and Joseph. It has absolutely nothing to do with Superman Returns and everything to do with Action Comics # 1.

Repost

What pose Superman is doing has nothing to do with cinematography. And that's really the only similarity to SR here – the pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"