All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
iron man 3 friggin sucked. the final 5 minutes were beyond cringe worthy. Heres MOS puts it in its place.

No doubt MOS could end up being a much better film. However there are some critics that have a stigma left over from Superman Returns, and for some reason there are a lot more Superman haters than just about any other comic book hero for some reason. Unfounded complaints about him having too much power and being such a boyscout, etc... Plus even with better reviews, Iron Man 3 has the other IM movies plus Avengers as a fanbase to increase box office numbers. It will take a TON of word of mouth to really get MOS extra viewership.

The Marvel are so surface deep thematically that I highly doubt they hold up long term. All of them. Iron Man 3 has zero themes to it.

While BB is a man channeling anger to make progress, TDK is about Joker trying to show the naive Bruce how corrupt and poor general human nature really is, and TDKR is a depressed, broken mind discovering the will to live and urge to seek pleasure...what are ANY of the Marvel films really about?

The Marvel are so surface deep thematically that I highly doubt they hold up long term. All of them. Iron Man 3 has zero themes to it.

While BB is a man channeling anger to make progress, TDK is about Joker trying to show the naive Bruce how corrupt and poor general human nature really is, and TDKR is a depressed, broken mind discovering the will to live and urge to seek pleasure...what are ANY of the Marvel films really about?

The Nolan films are brilliant and have depth. That is why I didn't understand the comparison of Avengers which was more popcorn action (no offense) to TDKR (which to me is every bit as good as BB) If Man of Steel has this type of depth and is about a hero's journey (literally epic in a Sumerian sense of the word) plus the action? It's the type of franchise you can enjoy on such a broader level. That's what we have to hope for.

I thought Iron Man 3 was good. Like the first film it was very flawed but good. I hope that Man of Steel has an action scene half as good as the Saving the falling people scene and the entire ending battle. And I hope I love Lois half as much as I love Pepper.

I'll post a full review of the film in The Iron Man 3 review thread when I get around to writing one. It's nearly 3am, I'm not penning one tonight.

I thought Iron Man 3 was good. Like the first film it was very flawed but good. I hope that Man of Steel has an action scene half as good as the Saving the falling people scene and the entire ending battle. And I hope I love Lois half as much as I love Pepper.

I'll post a full review of the film in The Iron Man 3 review thread when I get around to writing one. It's nearly 3am, I'm not penning one tonight.

I actually respect your opinion enough to possibly check this out on the big screen, where I have been on the fence so far. :o Are you saying it is as good as the first IM?

I thought it was far superior than any other MCU film to date. Easily the most thematically rich one at the very least.

Its best if you post all your thoughts in the appropriate threads. Namely the IM ones.

i can't see im3 being a superior film when it is continually falling on rottentomatoes as well as a lot of general word of mouth

"Sumerian"? REALLY?

Can't wait to see what happens after you've actually seen the thing lol

I actually respect your opinion enough to possibly check this out on the big screen, where I have been on the fence so far. :o Are you saying it is as good as the first IM?
Yes I am.

I don't know about anyone else but I like films that try to do something different with a genre. I have no idea what the public at large is going to think and I can see why it is controversial among some fanboys. It's nice to have a film in common but others opinions don't dictate my own. *shrugs*

Iron Man-8ish out of 10

Iron Man 2-4/10

Iron Man 3 8ish out of 10

Yes I am.

I don't know about anyone else but I like films that try to do something different with a genre. I have no idea what the public at large is going to think and I can see why it is controversial among some fanboys. It's nice to have a film in common but others opinions don't dictate my own. *shrugs*

Iron Man-8ish out of 10

Iron Man 2-4/10

Iron Man 3 8ish out of 10

Wow. I think you may be the first person to hype me enough to see this :eek: Nicely done. :D

this topic always goes everywhere. why you trying to moderate people?

Cause its annoying as hell to see threads devolve into "TDK trilogy is awesome, Marvel not so much".

"Sumerian"? REALLY?

Can't wait to see what happens after you've actually seen the thing lol

I only say that in reference to how epics are supposed to focus on a full journey of a hero (Gilgamesh for example) and at times it has become an overused buzz word for popcorn action films that are far from epic by definition. :o

Cause its annoying as hell to see threads devolve into "TDK trilogy is awesome, Marvel not so much".

well i don't see excel who has been here since 2005 listening to you who is here since 2011.

Wow. I think you may be the first person to hype me enough to see this :eek: Nicely done. :D
I think you should give it a shot. I hope you dig it. If not I'm sorry for the recommendation...??? I'm just kidding all you can do is recommend a film and hope the other person digs it.:)

I think you should give it a shot. I hope you dig it. If not I'm sorry for the recommendation...??? I'm just kidding all you can do is recommend a film and hope the other person digs it.:)

I would score IM and IM 2 the same as you, so I have a feeling your review could end up being the same with me on the third. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"