All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
this little snippet made me :woot: .. little off topic, but ..

"You will give them a film to strive towards, they will wait in line, they will buy tickets, and in time they will join you in the box office."

You misunderstand. I was referring to people that complain about his normal powers being too much. I find it unfounded because Hulk get stronger with anger to an unbeatable strength level and Thor... well he is a God! Superman gets a lot of flack for stuff that other heroes don't have to worry about.

Hulk and Thor are crazy powerful but their powers are pretty well defined. Superman has pretty much been Deus Ex Machina- Man for most of his existence. He lends himself quite well to really crappy writing.

To those who want to talk about IM3, we have the IM boards and the lounge for that kind of talk. And for those who want to make a p**sing match between the two films we have a thread for that in the Misc. Comic Films section. :nono:

Kinda hoping that wasn't directed at me, LL :huh:

Directed towards everyone. There's an IM3 board if folks want to discuss the film.

I'm talking about the one posted on the last page.

Oh yeah that's pretty bad.

We could start talking about the epic capes!

tumblr_mm619hnmJ51ry8rcwo2_500.gif

tumblr_mm619hnmJ51ry8rcwo5_500.gif

:')

Super farts? :cwink:

Who says Clark has to see them or send them a message? maybe only Jor El and Lara see him. In the footage from last night he just turns around and flies back, he doesn't seem emotional, shouldn't he be a little moved after seeing his dead parents?:

tumblr_mm5kp65AV01qgb3zso1_250.gif

and why on earth would he have a vision of his parents in the back of a spaceship all of sudden? And if it's an hallucination why isn't it from Superman's POV?

You don't like the Birthright ending? that's ok, but don't rule it out yet, it's still possible.

That shot of Clark flying off with his fists pumped seems to be from the bank vault scene. When you watch it in 720p it looks like the crumpled vault door behind him (from the first trailer, when he gets flung into it), not Black Zero. It's easily confused though as Snyder has edited the latest TV spot to make it look like he's still in space when he takes off.

Makes sense, when I saw the TV spot I thought it looked choppy or poorly shot. The fact that they meshed two scenes together doesn't bother me. Looks kinda cool.

Given the intensity of the scene from the trailer in which Clark launches himself into the stratosphere, this could very well be the first time he has attempted flight. And he appears to be well into adulthood and wearing his classic costume, which presumably was retrieved from the Snyder version of the Fortress of Solitude. Which leads to the question - Is this version of Superman dependent on his Kryptonian suit for flight? Perhaps this version of the Man of Steel is faster than a speeding bullet and can leap tall buildings in a single bound, but requires his high tech Kryptonian unitard - powered by his solar-powered body - to actually defy the laws of physics.

The Superman II Movie Moan discussion show is up.

Last edited:
Given the intensity of the scene from the trailer in which Clark launches himself into the stratosphere, this could very well be the first time he has attempted flight. And he appears to be well into adulthood and wearing his classic costume, which presumably was retrieved from the Snyder version of the Fortress of Solitude. Which leads to the question - Is this version of Superman dependent on his Kryptonian suit for flight? Perhaps this version of the Man of Steel is faster than a speeding bullet and can leap tall buildings in a single bound, but requires his high tech Kryptonian unitard - powered by his solar-powered body - to actually defy the laws of physics.

Please, no. It's been discussed and put to bed. Please don't wake this one up again.

I don't know if it's the suit but I do think that's the first time he's flying. Maybe he learned how in the Fortress. I also think he just learned that it's the yellow sun that gives him the power, hence why he looks up and closes his eyes in the sun rays.

^ I don't think the suit makes him fly. I would love to see a scene in which he is young and nearly falls off a height and finds himself levitating, like Dot in a Bug's Life.

After Great Gatsby's release next week, WB's main focus will be MOS and Pacific Rim! :D

We could start talking about the epic capes!

tumblr_mm619hnmJ51ry8rcwo2_500.gif

tumblr_mm619hnmJ51ry8rcwo5_500.gif

:')

Thank you! :up:

Every time I hear or read someone talking about the capes they describe them as only "looking good". Personally, from what we've seen so far, I think they look amazing! The movement looks very natural and realistic and I think we're in for some more amazing cape action come June 14th! :woot:

^ This might be controversial, but I think CGI allows for the capes to have the "billowy" and light texture they have in comics. And allows the actors/actresses to move freely. Though traditional capes are good for poses :)

I don't know if it's the suit but I do think that's the first time he's flying. Maybe he learned how in the Fortress. I also think he just learned that it's the yellow sun that gives him the power, hence why he looks up and closes his eyes in the sun rays.

Maybe he knew he always could fly but was afraid to. I think that would be very symbolic as well. We all have it in us to fly we just need the courage to act on it.

^ What if he flew as "Clark Kent" as a child in front of JUST his parents, and they freaked, and he didn't want to ever fly to risk showing his true nature to the world? Then, as Superman, he doesn't have that fear, so he can relax and fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"