All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn the Jesus pose strikes again... :doh:

sreturns.jpg

acszPgYW.gif

I don't get what the big deal is here, folks. That was honestly one of the best shots and one of my favorite shots IN SR, one of the few memorable scenes in that movie. I'm fine with this shot here. It only has "religious connotations" if you give it them. It's just a cool, strong, "dramatic" shot of Superman falling to earth or away. I think it's awesome (both are). I can't believe people are actually *****ing about this. I think it looks beautiful.

Indeed; though I wonder if Superman having been on Earth the longest, thus getting adjusted to his powers more, will be a factor that provides him his much needed edge when going up against Zod's forces.

I'm still wondering though if we'll get robots as Zod's minions on Earth as well.

I really still don't think that the Mo-Cap dude with the large pole on his head was playing a kryptonian in battle armor.
Remember during trailer 3 when there was a distant shot of Black Zero's beam firing down on the city below? Well there was a whole bunch of something at the top of Black Zero floating around. I wonder if that could be the robots? I would post a picture, but I'm at work and can't access image uploading websites or I would. Hopefully you will know what I'm talking about. However, if someone would be so kind to upload the shot that I'm talking about? I would greatly appreciate it.

It looks graceful and fluid, like he's floating back through water. Honestly I'm not sure it would look as good if his hands were just by his sides.

So when I approach someone for a big hug, is that considered a Jesus pose too?
Of course!
:oldrazz:
I gather that's Zod and maybe Faora watching him drift off into space. I wonder what they've done to weaken him?

I don't think it should be anyone but Zod Faora the other two and the Black Zero, that should be enough for physical threats, don't want it to get overloaded.

Of course!
:oldrazz:
I gather that's Zod and maybe Faora watching him drift off into space. I wonder what they've done to weaken him?
There's been some debate that it's Jor-El facing him. I mean, from what little we can see, it sure does look a lot like Jor-El. The question is "How"?

There's been some debate that it's Jor-El facing him. I mean, from what little we can see, it sure does look a lot like Jor-El. The question is "How"?
Very interesting...

Could be a blip in the space/time continuum. I would very much welcome something like that - where his birth parents see what he becomes, moments after sending him off in the rocket as a baby. A twist on Birthright's ending.

Very interesting...

Could be a blip in the space/time continuum. I would very much welcome something like that - where his birth parents see what he becomes, moments after sending him off in the rocket as a baby. A twist on Birthright's ending.
Exactly! I personally haven't read Birthright ( I know, I know...I need to) and people were talking about it's ending after this spot aired.

I've been catching up to the last pages just now....and I wish I didn't. :facepalm:

A facet of the movie I am looking forward to is ‘first contact’. Perry and everyone else looking at Zod’s transmissions. The army’s response. Superman isn’t real or anything, but that human anxiety should lend the movie a lot.

Avvys by me for anyone to use.... (yeah I know I'm late lol)

VOwrbNK.gif
6aumUBK.gif
UlGZluY.gif

vEBM5zp.gif
xVh8z0z.gif
MdwOSf5.gif

ixsH7IjV1HDw3.gif
iWdm5c8IMbUVp.gif
ibtNRMjJndtbdP.gif

Avvys by me for anyone to use.... (yeah I know I'm late lol)

VOwrbNK.gif
6aumUBK.gif
UlGZluY.gif

vEBM5zp.gif
xVh8z0z.gif
MdwOSf5.gif

ixsH7IjV1HDw3.gif
iWdm5c8IMbUVp.gif
ibtNRMjJndtbdP.gif
BAH! I wish that I could see them! I would like to change up my avvy, but I can't see images at work. Oh well, I will just have to wait till I get home. Don't be surprised if you see a PM from me later on this morning. lol

Wait, hasn't superman always been a messianic figure? Why are people only now complaining about it? Are people offended by it or are people just annoyed at religious imagery full stop?

actually, the Christ imagery began somewhat in the 70's (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). the story of Superman was first based more on Moses. somewhere along the line, though, i dont know who did, someone thought it would be neat to mix Jesus with Superman in the comics, and it continued in the movies. i would assume that people are tired of it for two reasons:
1. it was done in Richard Donner's film and Bryan Singer's film, maybe a bit in the Smallville series, and it's been done to death.
2. people are tired of seeing religion mix with Superman. it has no place in the Superman mythos, and want it gone.

im a little bit of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"