All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shot of Superman falling to earth sure looks beautiful in SR...but MOS was supposed to be a fresh start, a reboot with new original ideas. So why doing the Jesus pose again? I don't get it.

it just never fails to baffle me how some can nit pick at one single little thing .. but yeah, u're right, it's an open discussion .. i've said my bit .. moving on

Last edited:
fAbS7JO.gif
wgFB8dm.gif
VTRfPME.gif

ioUeXU6qAqflV.gif
ibr9gChHpY6Tc5.gif
ib1lrXg6CLrygO.gif

XIKiYY9.gif
ZHTkCEo.gif
Xk9YCN1.gif

Simply not acceptable, Kane.

Yeah I know, damn my sleep pattern! :csad:

BAH! I wish that I could see them! I would like to change up my avvy, but I can't see images at work. Oh well, I will just have to wait till I get home. Don't be surprised if you see a PM from me later on this morning. lol

Well by the time you send me that pm i'll probably be at work myself. lol

On another note, I wonder what motivated Snyder to knowingly apply J.J. Abrams solar flares approach when making this film since I think it was stated in the Entertainment magazine that it was one of the ways that he had gone about filming this film, well that and using some Malick like shots as well.

Good stuff kane. you are a treasure as always.

That's not Jor-el in the foreground SR, is it? It does look like the back of a person.

acszPgYW.gif

Its definitely not Jor El looks like Faora to me, but could be one of the other Kryptonians

Its definitely not Jor El

:funny: You can't say that without seeing the face. But from what we do see it does look a lot like Jor-El to a whole bunch of people, me included! :yay:

Well unless its a hologram in space I'm pretty sure it isn't. Looks like Faora to me and the costume looks dark like hers.

I could be wrong though just doesn't look like Jor El to me.

Looks like jor-el to me. I can't find the picture now but someone posted a pic of jor-el with that same suit design on the shoulder.

Yeah I see the Jor-El, but it's more likely Faora.

Last edited:
On another note, I wonder what motivated Snyder to knowingly apply J.J. Abrams solar flares approach when making this film since I think it was stated in the Entertainment magazine that it was one of the ways that he had gone about filming this film, well that and using some Malick like shots as well.

Abrams invented solar/lens flares! Personally I just think it's both aesthetically pleasing and effective when executed well and in a fitting context, maybe Snyder thinks the same?

Looks like jor-el to me. I can't find the picture now but someone posted a pic of jor-el with that same suit design on the shoulder.

But why would Jor El be on what's clearly a spaceship after his planets been destroyed? I suppose it could be a hologram or an hallucination (hey maybe this is where the skulls scene come in) but I still think its Faora

Could be an hallucination of Jor-El and Lara watching their son falling to earth.
vwoC80P.gif

Regarding the pose: It could be an allegory, or it could just Superman has arms stretched out after he's finished doing something. Or it could be because his arms stretched out looks better than his arms being at his side. Either way it doesn't bother me, as the allegory has been around for years now.

We haven't seen how it's done in context of the scene. This discussion could be all for naught. The discussion and fussing amazes me over one scene. Was there this much debate about Iron Man 3 when the first trailer showed Stark collapsing to a snowy ground with his arms stretched out?

Or that poster that had Iron Man in the air descending with his arms stretched? Okay okay, his arms weren't totally stretched out, but I can imagine someone overreaching with that one. :funny:

Anyway, love the tv spot. I hope they don't spoil too many sequences and special moments. I hate it when that happens.

Honestly I'm bored with the whole Christ allegory talk. I've said my peace with regards to my concerns but it's not an interesting enough topic for me to go on and on about it.

I can't stop anyone else but I'm done with the talk until I view the film. If it is as strong as it was in the other films and I don't care for how it is handled, I will address the subject in my review.

I just had a thought, I don't think it is BUT if it is Jor El and Lara could it be the ending, kind of like what happened in Birthright where he tells them he made it? Just a thought

Perhaps he is completely burnt out by performing this enormous feat in dragging the Black Zero up into the upper atmosphere that he hallucinates his father watching him as he falls back to Earth and loses consciousness.

Can anyone explain the exact explanation for how he communicated with his parents in Birthright. Because it always read as extremely hokey to me. Like Luthor is suddenly smarter than Brainiac and creates a transmission that goes across all of space and backwards through time to try and get Kryptonian aid and weaponry. And yet I also remember in Birthright it's Luthor that reveals to Superman that his birthplace has been destroyed... so... Ugh. The whole thing just reeks of deus ex machina sloppy writing just for that last page payoff. If Snyder and Goyer have adapted it, they better have done a better job with it than Waid did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"